main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Christmas presents

Discussion in 'FanForce Community' started by Skiara , Dec 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Have you bought your Christmas presents already?

I didn't have the time yet nor do I know what I want to buy for the ones I love, so I'm desperately looking for good ideas. Do you have any? What have you bought so far?

[face_praying]

2. Louis_Skywalker

Louis_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 12, 2008
    have bought about half of the presents so far. Xmas is on abudget this year as we had our 1st child 6mths ago and so are abit short of cash. Its all about being with family good times though. Looking forward to starting my xmas holiday a week tomorrow!

3. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I've bought about half of my presents, and since I'm out of money I'll have to figure something out. I started buying presents in October, since I knew that December would be tight moneywise.

4. MacCaffrey

MacCaffrey VIP star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 25, 2000
    Unfortunatly I have to get all my presents yet... Pretty bad this year... [face_blush]

5. hyperspace_police

hyperspace_police Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    Well, I've got most of my shopping done, but I usually (and this year is no different) hand knit my close family folks either a hat or scarf or something... I've been knitting 1, purling 2 in a fury... and I may not make it... Fortunately, some of my family doesn't come down until after Christmas so I've got a wee bit of time there...

Procrastination sucks.

6. Lexi

Lexi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 9, 2002
    I haven't bought anything yet, but I know exactly what I'm getting for everyone. Even for my big brother who is always the hardest one. So for once, I don't feel stressed.

7. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Normally I buy presents early, but December was there before I even found out that summer had left. :p So I have to do shopping next week, but maybe I manage to do it tomorrow or better I hope that I find nice presents tomorrow. *hopes*

8. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    I usually try and get an earlier start on shopping, but not this year.[face_tired] Hopefully this weekend I can drop my daughter off at my mom's and get most everything done.

For the guys I'm thinking about tickets to sporting events. I know they'll love it and it's probably something they wouldn't have done for themselves this time of year.

9. Cem_Fel

Cem_Fel Jedi Master star 4

Mar 14, 2006
    Usually that's the time of the year, where I'm getting nervous about christmas presents, because I belong to the people, who have to buy their presents the last day...

But this year, I have most of my christmas presents, I would like to have a scarf for my father, though. But I can't find one, which fits my fathers wishes. Since I already have enough for him, so it's no problem :) I was lucky to find a lot of presents by chance. I saw them and thought "Hey, that's perfect!"

I just need to get the self-made presents ready, I'll start tomorrow.

10. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    I haven't bought any Christmas presents yet. And, honestly, I don't know what to get my husband this year.
    My daughter -- well, it's easy getting something for her because she's not even two yet. But the hubby? *pulls hair in frustration*

11. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    I have hardly started yet, but that's okay. Mostly I waited for my pay to arrive and now I just have to grab my list and tick of the items I need. :D
    More difficult are things I have to make myself. Those take ages.:oops:

Bf is easy, about November we keep telling each other what's nice and how pretty <item xy> is so the other can take mental notes.[face_laugh]

12. Ubersue

Ubersue Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 1, 2008
    I haven't bought nothin'. Mind you, I'm doing mostly baking this year, and I warned my friends and family to be prepared for a deluge of peanut butter cookies.

I still have to buy a present for my sweetie pie, though. He's really hard to buy for...

13. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Finally I have bought some presents. Mostly it's some things for bath, a toy and a calender with questions on it. Hopefully I find the rest on Wednesday. [face_praying]

14. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    One thing I really love though is to go out the day before Christmas, which means the 23rd here. I love watching people stress around, but I'm just doing it for fun, and then in the afternoon when most people have gone home but the stores are still open it's really nice to wander through the empty streets and buying the last gifts. If' you are lucky they have even started to mark out the things that will go on sale on the 26th so you can get things cheaper as well.

15. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    One day I have to do that as well. It sounds cool! Right now I'm not even sure, if I can do it, because I want to visit my family and I'm still not sure, when I'll drive to them.

Have much fun, Johanna! :)

16. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    This reminds me; I haven't done my list yet.

17. KithuraVess

KithuraVess Jedi Master star 4

Nov 19, 2008
    I haven't bought anything yet, but I don't think I will. I'd rather write/draw something, and besides, I don't actually have money to buy anything :p

18. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    Besides baking tons of cookies for friends and family, I got my hubby a new coffee machine. Coffee is officially his very best friend. :p

Got this for my daughter: [image=http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r296/Ceillean/41FAhjs4diL_SS500_.jpg]

For reasons beyond me, she loves vacuum cleaners. This one actually works. She'll have fun with it, no doubt.
    The whole thing was cheaper than buying a kiddie vacuum cleaner on its own.

I bought my neighbor a books she's been wanting for ages. She's eleven years old and I've finally addicted her to reading. About time, too. Her sister, she's 20 -- I got her earrings. My brother is getting an Obama T-Shirt, my Mom a gift certificate to buy a book or two and that's it.

And, as said, a bunch of cookies.

Oooh, I got MsLanna a Darth Vader Bobblehead. :D
    An early Christmas gift two weeks ago. I think she liked it.

19. Nwalme Jade

Nwalme Jade Ex(patriated) RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 13, 2000
    I still have a couple of things to get/make. Thank God for internet shopping though, it has made my pre-christmas life SO much easier.

20. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    I'm so happy that I finished everything already. I just have to pack everything, which I'm doing right now. :D

21. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    Yeees, I like the bobble head. he's presiding over my living room from the TV... :D

And I finished gift shopping today. Now I can only hope that the stuff I ordered over the net will arrive in time. [face_worried] Sent all parcels, too.:D

22. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    I have two holiday packages to send out, both are still sitting here on my desk.[face_worried] Being late makes me crazy.

23. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    This thread reminds me of a SW-related Christmas joke.

Q: What did Darth Vader say to Luke?

Vader: I know what you're getting for Christmas.
    Luke: How do you know?
    Vader: I felt your presents.

:p I couldn't resist to post this.

24. MacCaffrey

MacCaffrey VIP star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 25, 2000
    And did your presents got the expected effect?
    For my part I can say yes! :D

25. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Mostly 'yes'! :D

And I got some really lovely presents (for example a wonderful neclace)! [face_love]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.