main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Cinemark Valley View

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by southbeach, Apr 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. southbeach

southbeach Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 4, 2002
    Here are some pic I took of the event. I am the one with the dark vest and dark glasses holding a AOTC movie ticket. My buddy just saw at the Richmond show. Notice the ticket for the Richmond showing. Why didnt Valley View have a ticket like that. Oh Well I have one. Enjoy ....
    [image=http://www.efrainflores.com/aotc1.jpg]
    [image=http://www.efrainflores.com/aotc2.jpg]

2. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    Cool. Why couldn't there be stormtroopers at Macedonia? :(

Why does that person in the purple cape behind you look familer? I thought that I saw someone at Celebration 2 dressed like that.

3. southbeach

Apr 4, 2002
    Actually she was at the Celebration 2 dressed in the same outfit. I thought their lightsabers were great!!

4. JarJarJedi

Feb 6, 2001
    I knew it! I knew I saw her! ;)

5. JediKnightPasJoDacle

JediKnightPasJoDacle Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2002
    AHAHAHHAHAHA!!!!! WOW! WHAT A COINCIDENCE!!! I TAHUGHT THAT VIEW LOOKED SEMI-FAMILIER TO ME!
    LOOK AT THE BOTTEM RIGHT HAND CORNER OF THE FIRST PICTURE! THAT'S THE BACK PART OF MY DARTH MAUL SHIRT!!!

I had to duck to get by the camera man to get to my seat. THAT"S ME!!! ROFLMAO!!!

6. southbeach

Apr 4, 2002
    As above mentioned.....
    [image=http://www.efrainflores.com/aotc3.jpg]

7. JediKnightPasJoDacle

Mar 16, 2002
    ROFLMAO WHILE CRYING WITH TEARS OF LAUGHTER!

8. Dakuwan

Dakuwan Jedi Youngling

May 2, 2002
    Southbeach, cool lightsaber effects! What do you use to create that?

9. JediKnightPasJoDacle

Mar 16, 2002
    All you have to use is photo adoobe. It's realyl easy.

10. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    What's so funny? I can't see any of those pics!

11. PadawanJay

PadawanJay Jedi Youngling

May 1, 2002
    I also had tickets for friday's 7:45pm with my buddy. We got to the theatre about 7:15 (later than I wanted to) and walked into a packed house. We walked up and down three times and couldn't find a SINGLE seat. One of the ushers was kind enough to exchange our tickets for the 11pm DLP show. We went to eat and came back to be 3rd and 4th in line for that show. While we were waiting, I overheard one of the managers say that they think the online ticket sites oversold the theatre. He mentioned something about 30 tickets per show, but thats all I got out of it. I think the problem was a combo of oversales and sneak-ins.

My reaction to the DLP . . . OH MY GOODNESS!! Increadible video and sound. I may never see a movie in another theatre again. And I saw the MILLENIUM FALCOMS too!! Did anyone see the x-wing / tie fighter and what scene was it in??

12. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    I went with all of my family Sunday and I still saw people dressing up in costume. I thought that had died down by now.

13. Old_Benny

Old_Benny Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 4, 2000
    Jay,

If the internet really oversold the tickets, why were there no such problems (that I have heared of) with the earlier shows that were sold out? Sound like the ticket takers were covering there rears to me. But I understand some got tickets both to the next film showing and a later digital one. You got a raw deal compaired to them

14. PadawanJay

PadawanJay Jedi Youngling

May 1, 2002
    That I didn't know Benny! No big deal to me. I just wanted to see it DLP. I already saw it Wed. night on film. Would have been nice to get an extra ticket to some later show though. Oh well.

15. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    Well Padawan92 and myself's count is up to 2 digital viewings of AOTC; only 7.5 more to go! We saw TPM 9.5 times (the .5 was when we sneaked in after she suffered through "Wild, Wild, West" and wanted to get her money's worth). It was fun going to see AOTC as a family. Although my dad wasn't crazy about standing in more lines (he'd had enough Sunday @ Celebration II)

16. JediKnightPasJoDacle

Mar 16, 2002
    I saw AOTC a second time on opening day but this time at a non digital theater. I must say the digital version is the one to see.

17. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    You snuck in to see TPM? And I supported you for City Rep? I... I am so disillusioned right now. MY WHOLE LIFE IS A LIE. :p

18. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    Dudes, I think we put a Sith Lord in charge of City Rep duties! I say we assassinate Krash and his "Padawan" (aka Sith apprentice) Emily! I'm not nearly as stupid as Captain Obvious (Yoda) and Black Mr. Clean (Mace)! WE MUST DO SOMETHING!

19. JarJarJedi

Feb 6, 2001
    *smacks forehead*

OMG... Hey, I thought this was a thread about seeing the movie at Valley View! :p

20. southbeach

Apr 4, 2002
    The dark force clouds everything, even topics on this threads.....

21. JediKnightPasJoDacle

Mar 16, 2002
    Messa thinking yousa have the wrongo topic?

22. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    No this subjest was CINEMARK VALLEY VIEW! NOT CITY REP, THAT IS A DIFFERENT ONE!

23. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    "You snuck in to see TPM? And I supported you for City Rep? I... I am so disillusioned right now. MY WHOLE LIFE IS A LIE."

I'm sorry if the news shocked you Don, I looked at it as if Qui-Gon could use the Force to win a roll of the "chance cubes" to free Anakin...that clouding the minds of the people at Valleyview (after paying for "Wild, Wild, West") is perfectly justified :)

"I say we assassinate Krash and his "Padawan" (aka Sith apprentice) Emily!"

For someone who has a Sith for his icon, you make accusations fairly quickly. And leave my padawan out of this; you want a piece of me...come and get it! :)

24. JarJarJedi

Feb 6, 2001
    The faster you make your decisions, the faster you fall to the dark side. Think about what you are going to do before you do it! :p

25. TX421

TX421 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 16, 2002
    Hey!!! I'm in the second picture, the one on the left, in the white shirt, checking out the lightsaber. I recognized that whole group from the prescreening, earlier that night, at the Richnond Theaters. The VV crowd was definately more into it than the prescreening crowd.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.