main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jedi / Light Side Clone Wars costumes

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Jedi_Dajuan, Nov 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediCourier

JediCourier Jedi Master star 4

Feb 2, 2001
  2. surlygirlie

surlygirlie Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 1, 2000
    Second one -- I like the actualy color of the one you dyed better, but the second color is closer to CW Padmé, I think.
    Also, I was initially preferring the fluffier texture of the first, but I've come round to liking the plusher second sample better on that, too.

3. snap-hiss

snap-hiss Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2001
    I'm working on a Clone War Jedi costume which would be a combination of Mace Windu from the Clone Wars Cartoons, Luke from ROTJ, and the concept art for Obi Wan in the art of episode I and II.

I like Mace's shoulder and uper chest armor in the CW cartoons, so I'll try that. I like Luke's simple grey cloak from ROTJ, and for the under layer all black with black boots and wrist bracers like Concept Obi Wan. I have long dark brown hair, so I'll do my hair like concept obi wan also.

I'm thinking of maybe adding bandolers with thermal detinators or other items a Jedi would carry in a time of war.

[image=http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/macewindu/img/eu3_bg.jpg]

!snap

4. Benae_Quee

Benae_Quee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    I'm coming out of the dark with this costume. I was supossed to have it finished for Halloween, but it won't happen :( So I've decided to finish it for C3 instead, and share it with my friends now :) I can't keep it a surprise anymore (I'm so bad at keeping surprises) LOL
    [image=http://photos.imageevent.com/benaequee/mysecretstash/websize/CWpadme8.jpg]
    Site with more pics
    Hope you guys have fun looking at them :D I'm nowhere near done with it (I would have LOVED to wear it for Halloween :( ) but it's getting there :)

5. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
    Benae, it looks fantastic! So this is what the secret costume was.....a-ha! :D Thanks for letting us in on the secret! I love watching these projects come to life.

I think you're doing a great job realizing this costume from the fabric colors to the quilting and the petals. I'm looking forward to seeing it at C3!

6. Sister_Sola

Sister_Sola Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2002
    It's looking really excellent so far Benae! I love the fabrics you chose!

7. jedilucass

jedilucass Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 1, 2002
    oh, wow! Beautiful! You've done a great job so far: I really like the fabrics you chose. Not too shiny, not to flat, and they are just perfect! Keep up the good work!

~Laura

8. DarthGyos

DarthGyos Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 23, 2001
    Kristin-
    NICE JOB!!

Looking good!

~DG~

9. across0the0stars

across0the0stars Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 29, 2003
    hey it's looking really nice!!
    i haven't been keeping up with the thread, you are sewing individual squares together??

when i did mine my mom kind of forced me not to do it that way, it came out alright but i think i may redo at least part of it, if not the whole top.

i like how it looks in blue!!! =) pretty

10. Benae_Quee

Nov 15, 2002
    I quilted all the squares together first in one giant rectangle. Then when I had it large enough I covered the corset, pinned the diamonds in the middle where the beads would be, and sewed it to the corset. I then added the beads, connecting the diamonds to the corset to the keep the top layer from moving around and getting crooked :) I had the beads leftover from a failed attempt at the purple senate dress (I love purple LOL), they were kind of last minute and I LOVE the way they look on the corset :) I added a picture of me in the corset and skirt with petticoat. The petticoat poofs up the skirt a little too much near the waist, I'll have to take it down later. Thanks for all the compliments everyone :)

across0the0stars Do you have more pictures of yours? I'd love to see them :D

11. across0the0stars

Jul 29, 2003
    sure I'd love to share some pictures!!!

I was actually just working on getting some online, I only have one of my "corset" ,if you could even call it that,laid flat on the scanner. here it is:

http://www.geocities.com/peorth559/tmdress.JPG

Large image!!

I did happen to get a dot of sauce on the top of it once I got there, as you see, I was an hour late to the ball from putting all the pieces together thanks to my mom's mingling in my project... so I was a little mentally exhausted when i got there and had a small accident..

It's made of silk satin and has batting between the top and middle pieces, then i had a lining, that for some reason came out a little short width wise, that was really the only problem i had with it...

12. jedilucass

jedilucass Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 1, 2002
    across0the0stars, it's absolutely BEAUTIFUL! I love how you did the embroidery, it's a nice touch! Good job! :)

~Laura

13. Dex1138

Dex1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    I have no knowledge of costuming, but I can tell you that looks awesome! I'm so psyched to see all you people at C3. My digital cam is going to get a work out!

14. across0the0stars

Jul 29, 2003
    aww thank yous so much =)

once i can have a full body picture on a computer, i'll put it up, shouldn't be too long

15. Benae_Quee

Nov 15, 2002
    I've started collecting materials for the Snow Bunny Padme now too LOL I want to do her other one for C3 as well, too many costumes, so little time (add to that the Ceremonial Leia, X-Wing Pilot, Imp Officer, re-do of the Brown Battle Ep 3 padme, and my Fiance's costumes too!). I need to clone myself.

I'm still working on the Purple Diamonds, now that I've cleaned up my sewing area, I'll be working on the train in the next week :D The ornaments are going to be saved for the subway trips to and from work and lunch breaks. :D

16. surlygirlie

Aug 1, 2000
    I need to clone myself.

If you get the methodology on that worked out, please be sure to share with rest of the class. I'm pretty sure we could all use the extra help!
    ;)

(Though on second thought, I imagine I'd bicker with my clones constantly and not get jack done.)

17. Benae_Quee

Nov 15, 2002
    LMAO I know what you mean. "This one goes here, that one goes there!"

18. Karma

Karma Jedi Master star 3

Aug 16, 2000
    Hi all, getting ready to sew the fur trim on my Snowbunny Padme cape. I'm not sure how thick to make it...how is this?
    [image=http://home.earthlink.net/~karma/Cape1.jpg]

Too furry? Too blue? Hood too small? Dummy too naked? :)

(note: the yellow thing at the neck is a clamp, I haven't sewn the ties on yet, and the fur there hasn't been trimmed.)

Thanks,
  19. Benae_Quee

Nov 15, 2002
    I like the color a lot, but I think the fur might be a just a hair too thick (no pun intended).

What did you use for the white fabric on yours Karma? I just won 5 yards of white Polar fleece on ebay for $16 (more than I need, but I'll probably make two capes - one for a friend). Now all I need are boots and gloves - which are proving difficult to find in my size. Curse my big feet and long fingers!

I just found a person on ebay who has the Marabou feather boas already dyed the right color, they're 72" long each for an auction of 4 boas.

20. Karma

Karma Jedi Master star 3

Aug 16, 2000
    I used polar fleece as well. While I was tacking the fur on I had the cape thrown over me and I got too hot.

When you say too thick do you mean pile wise or width wise?

21. surlygirlie

Aug 1, 2000
    I think the trim might be just a little too wide, but it is looking really great.

Even though I'm not planning to make this costume, looking at yours, I'm starting to think an all black version of the cape would be super cozy for this winter.
    You snowbunny Padmé ladies inspire me!

22. Benae_Quee

Nov 15, 2002
    I think the pile is fine the length it is, but it seems to thick in the width. Hearing what you said about the fleece, I'll probably leave mine unlined, I don't want to bake lol.

23. Sister_Sola

Sister_Sola Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2002
    Looks good Karma! Just a bit too much width though, but I agree, the pile is fine.

Edit: sp

24. iycis

iycis Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 7, 2002
    The blue seems a bit too intense in color. Is there any way you might lighten it?

25. Karma

Karma Jedi Master star 3

Aug 16, 2000
    It is a little on the blue side ("Looks like a dyed wampa." my husband remarked), but it was the best blue fur I could find that was reasonably priced. Plus, since this is an EU character (a cartoon at that) I figured I could practice a little artistic freedom :) without departing too much from the character.

The other night I fell asleep on the couch while my husband played video games. He didn't want to wake me up to move me but before he went to bed he put the cape over me like a blanket. He's so sweet! *sigh*

I fixed the width of the fur trim...need to lengthen the ties a little bit before sewing them on.

[image=http://home.earthlink.net/~karma/Cape2.jpg][image=http://home.earthlink.net/~karma/cape3.jpg]

Comments welcome/needed!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.