main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Evan, IN Clone Wars Premiere

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by TI9362, Jul 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TI9362

TI9362 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 5, 2003
    Has anyone officially contacted the theater regarding the Clone Wars premiere? A rep from the 501st (and former resident of the area) has volunteered to contact them, but I told him I would see if anyone here has already got the ball rolling.

I think if they remember the good experience they had with us at the EpIII premiere there shouldn't be any hesitation in having us again. Post any news or progress!

2. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Stackpole_The_Hobbit Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    Tell your 501st person to go ahead. I haven't contacted anyone yet. I'm willing to defer to his authority on this matter.

Looking forward to this! :D

3. Mike-El

Mike-El Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 16, 2006
    You and me both!

4. WedgesOtherNephew

WedgesOtherNephew Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    Why would we have some un-known person plan our event? All kinds of planning information is likely to get lost in translation. If there is going to be an E'ville Jedi event, then somebody(s) from our club should plan it. That's what we have officers and appointees for. Not to mention club members that would likely volunteer if asked.

Respectfully,
    Scott
    :)

5. TI9362

May 5, 2003
    Scott has a point.. A 501st Rep wouldn't mention the FanForce as part of the event, but a rep from our FanForce covers both our costumed and non-costumed members. I haven't repied to the request yet, so there's still time if we want to contact them.

6. HoosierTrooper

HoosierTrooper Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 1, 2006
    Yeah, Joe or someone from the club needs to take point on this. From a 501st standpoint, Bloodfin prefers to have one of its own members plan an event within the Indiana border. Its a total technicality, but the other 501st member who asked is from Midwest garrison. I would feel really good if Joe was the 501st/FF contact for the event. Joe also knows how the event operated last time... from Midnight to 4am. ;)

Really, as long as the club has a solid plan of action that can be presented quickly to the managers, I don't think there will be any problems. They were really cool with us last time. Now that I think of it, I think I still have a free pass sitting in my wallet from 2005...

7. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
    Good luck on that still working :p

Okay, I'll say something to the cinema people. However, I honestly have NO IDEA what I am doing. :p Anyone involved in organising the Ep3 event, plz PM me, I would appreciate your advice.

Thanks!

8. TK-1945

TK-1945 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 13, 2007
    Not to sound like I'm making excuses but I've been bogged down by work and school. I'm still planning on suiting up for this but I don't think I can pull an all nighter again. Do we have any other costumers up for this? The more the merrier!

9. TI9362

May 5, 2003
    Stacky, the 501st side of this event has been taken care of, so when you call you can just represent the E'Ville Jedi.

10. TI9362

May 5, 2003
    By the way, it looks like they're not doing a midnight showing.. Our 501st rep discussed a Friday night event with them.

11. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
    WAAAAAT :p

Eh, fair enough. But seriously, it's STAR WARS! >:eek:

12. BLUERAM

BLUERAM Jedi Youngling

Jul 24, 2008
    I'm the MWG member that made contact to set this up. I understand your concerns on me setting this up, and I would feel the same way if the situation was reversed. I did however ask about this event 6-28 and up until I made contact with the theater nobody else had stepped up or had the time to make the call. I have no problem with turning over the planning of this event to someone else or heading up the whole thing or just the 501st involvement. I have the contact info so I someone here wants to take over email me and I will send you the info. I'm a very easy going guy and I am sorry if any of this came off harsh it was not the intention. All I really care about is doing the event, meeting new people, and putting smiles on the masses.
    Mark
    bh4265@bberry.ws

13. HoosierTrooper

HoosierTrooper Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 1, 2006
    Thats exactly right. Like I posted on the 501st forums, I would be very surprised if Showplace doesn't reconsider. I'm betting that Karasotes will have a midnight showing, so Showplace will want to compete with that. When the premiere is closer, the hype will grow and they might change their minds.

Until then, make it known that you are interested in a midnight event and be prepared for a change. This could very well be a two day event.

Mark, no worries. Its good to have that first contact in with the theater. I think everyone was assuming there would be a midnight event... now we know there might not be. :)

14. Fistofury

Fistofury Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 27, 2002

We're at two weeks and counting, so is there anything in the works for the group to go see the movie opening weekend? Perhaps a discussion afterwards at an eatery as well?

15. BLUERAM

BLUERAM Jedi Youngling

Jul 24, 2008
    Talked with the theater today and they said no midnight showing due to school starting. I told them there would be 5-10 costumed characters in attendance. They also don't have the schedule yet. How many people from here will attend in a costume? Also is there anything I need to convey to the theater or ask?
    Mark

16. TI9362

May 5, 2003
    Aww crap.. That means Friday prime time, right? If so, I'm out.. We can still get Desolate, TK1945 maybe.. Who else? Speak up guys!!

17. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
    I'll ask for a table. If I had my Doctor Who costume together I could do that ...

IT'S PLAUSIBLE, OKAY :p

but yeah, no costume for me :(

And :( on Joe's non-presence.

EDIT: We could always do Turonis after the show. Of course, Joe might not want us to if he's still going to be there ... we'd Boomer's-a-cylon him to be sure :p

18. Mike-El

Oct 16, 2006
    I can be a Rancor Keeper cause I am sexy like that!

ok, ummmm, no not really.

19. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
    We'll get you a big steak to weep on :p

20. Ulkesh2

Ulkesh2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2001
    Well I've got time off the weekend of Clone Wars. I'm reading the novel and it's GOOD! So I'm up and ready (!BOING!) for the movie! Can't wait to see the Old Galactic Republic space navy in action against them mean ol' Sep-built 'Tinnies' (as Rex might say). Them animated V-19 'Torrent' Starfighters and Venator Class Star Destroyers are HAWT! Yeah! BRING IT ON! =P~ ,[face_blush] ,=P~ ,[face_blush] ,=P~

P.S.

Note to fellow 'Fleet Junkies' -

If you like Y-wing Starfighters you'll luuuv what you'll behold in Clone Wars. HEH-HEH-HEH.

P.S. Part II - Attack Of The Post-Scripts

Getting back to the basic question anchoring this topic. Yes I'm available to see the Clone Wars movie with the group! How lucky for all of you. HEH-HEH-HEH. If someone brings the Bespin Luke costume I'll wear it.

21. TK-1945

TK-1945 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 13, 2007
    I can make it. Anyone heard from Buckaroo Trooper, Desolate, Darthpup, or Chuck on this?

Mike, What happened to the X-Wing costume project?

22. Mike-El

Oct 16, 2006
    Unfortunately it hasn't.

23. navarre1095

navarre1095 Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2005
    I will be unavailable. I am going to Fright Night in Louisville.

24. WedgesOtherNephew

WedgesOtherNephew Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    Is the premiere this Sunday? What time is the group planning on seeing it? If not a specific time, is there a general time?

25. Yoda_Jammies

Yoda_Jammies Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    I;m with Scott... When is this? I will make the trip down to see it with you guys.

I'll even dress as Obw-won-joeann-fabrics

Jammies

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.