main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Spok, WA Clone Wars RPG Campaign - GM Roxez

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by roxez, May 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. roxez

roxez Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 13, 2007
    Okay guys, I'm still working on the way I want to play my version of the game. I'll have it ready by the time we decide to play it, but this is what I have so far.

We're following the d20 Saga rules pretty much to the letter. For character creation, use the planned generation (aka the point buy system) from the book. Unlike Chris' game with 36 points available, we're going the book route to use 25 points available. Also, we're starting everyone on Level One.

I have asked for at least two clonetroopers (Dave, you can be another clonetrooper or whatever character you wish, it will be more combat intensive... at least at the beginning). To keep the storyline accurate, the following rules and limitations are for clonetrooper characters.

1. Instead of the 25 point generation, clonetrooper characters will use the standard score package. Those ability scores are: 15,14,13,12,10,8, distributed to the six abilities as you wish. [Story: Clones, being clones, have the same basic attributes, but can be trained differently]. Class, skills, other feats and talents are up to the player.

2. Clones are human male. The bonus feat given by being human must be Armor Proficiency (Light) [Story, all clones are based on Jango and have armor training]

3. Clones have the Clonetrooper armor assigned to them. The armor offers the following: +6 Armor to Reflex Defense, +2 bonus to Fortitude Defense, +2 Equipment bonus to Perception checks and low-light vision. This Armor MUST be worn while on missions for the Republic.

4. Clonetroopers are assigned a Blaster Rifle for their weapon (3d8 Dmg, 2d8 Stun). Other equipment is assigned based on mission parameters.

5. Clonetroopers do NOT receive starting class credits as equipment is already assigned.

Oh, one more thing. Each character is to have a specialty, a purpose for being in the squad. Here's some suggestions (some are claimed):

Squad Command - Mason
    Slicer - Natalie
    Demolitions - Chris
    Sniper
    Recon
    Medic
    could be more... let me know.

That's it so far. Dave, Nate, can you let me know what characters you wish to play?

2. Dark_Jedi_Nasman

Dark_Jedi_Nasman Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 17, 2006
    Question.
    Can I play a Kaminoan Medic?

3. roxez

Nov 13, 2007
    Actually, reading the species description in the Clone Wars campaign guide, that sounds like a great idea. The question would be if you wanted to play a field medic or a "back at base" medic. I'm trying to figure out the details of how I want to run the "off mission" parts.

4. Dark_Jedi_Nasman

Aug 17, 2006
    If you want, I could say that he would be a noble, but the only way he would get his "Wealth" would be to serve on the lines for a said period of time to get field experience.

5. roxez

Nov 13, 2007
    that could work I suppose. Medics are nobles if the old class conversions work right. It doesn't sound very kamioan though.

How about this, my story involves the Kamioans being forced to allow what they consider "flawed" clones (and remember kamioans are EXTREMELY nitpicky) to be grown fully and put into action. You could be there on some insurance of clone performance or something.

6. Dark_Jedi_Nasman

Aug 17, 2006
    That could work. Normally they kill off flawed clones early on. But because of the war... Well, sounds good to me.

7. The_Cheeser

The_Cheeser Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 16, 2005
    I like where this is going.

Time to brush up on my Mando'a.

8. roxez

Nov 13, 2007
    Did Jango teach the clones Mandalorian? Hrmmm. Possible, but remember that Jango died at the beginning of the Clone Wars. Your "batch" wasn't grown until he was dead.

9. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    3/4 of the training sergeants on Kamino were Mandalorian, so they can know Mando'a. [face_peace]

10. BLUE-SQUADRON-LEADER

BLUE-SQUADRON-LEADER Jedi Master star 2

Aug 26, 2003
    According to the Republic Commando books, the clones are fluent in Mando'a.

11. The_Cheeser

Feb 16, 2005
    That is right Sinrebirth and blue squad leader. Jango spoke mostly huttese and basic.

Is our squad mates from a pod (four bros that are trained together) or put together from two squad leftovers?

Were we grown after Jangos death, or would "ready for active duty" after his death be more appropriate?

12. -JediClone-

-JediClone- Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 21, 2005
    Kamino-bred clones age at twice the normal human rate, so any of the clone PCs would have been trained mostly while Jango was alive.

And this campaign was going to start close to the start of Episode III, right?

13. roxez

Nov 13, 2007
    Okay, so I need to clarify a few things.

1. The Armor Proficiency (light) Feat being the required "human bonus feat" is too restrictive for one class. If you are a clone playing Soldier class, you do not need to use the Armor Prof (light) feat as you get it free by being a soldier. All other classes however must use it. Basically, if you are a clone, you must have Armor Proficiency (Light) at level 1 somehow...

1b. As a corollary, if your class does not give you Weapon Proficiency (rifles) as a starter feat and you are a clone, since I am giving you a rifle you must "give up" the bonus feat of Weapons Proficiency (pistols). This allows the use of the rifle without sucking at it ;)

For example,

Both parts of 1 above allows for clones to not have to choose the Soldier Class. You can be whatever class you wish, except Jedi.

If you want to speak Mandalorian, I don't have any problem. Thanks for clarifying.

As for the story questions...

I'm "lengthening" the time the Clone Wars were fought. I don't want to get into too many details until I do the opening "crawl" speech, but the clones the players will use were made very late in the war and were too young to receive any direct training from Jango Fett. As for the two clones so far (Mason and Nat), I'll explain your relationship during the opening. The game will be close to Episode III, but again, more time has somehow passed between II and III than canon.

14. The_Cheeser

Feb 16, 2005
    In the EU, a bunch of clones were secretly made on Centax II using Kamino and Arkanian Micro technology. These clones were also grown to full maturity in ony one or two years. These clones made up the bulk that were snuck into the GAR during the siege of Coruscant and abduction of Palps. These clones had no loyalty to the Jedi since they had no experience with them.

I hope some of this helps with your storying.

If you are going on your own tanget, that's cool too. I'm just providing what I know if you want to use it.

Kandosii!

15. -JediClone-

Mar 21, 2005
    Is there an in-story reason for the lengthening of the war? (Grevious not defeated by Kenobi, Anakin not setting off Mace Windu's attempt to arrest Paplatine, Ahsoka Tano turning to the Dark Side and using her mighty Mary Sue Powers to help Tyrannus take over the Sith...)

16. The_Cheeser

Feb 16, 2005
    I don't see why the action wouldn't continue past Order 66. Even though the financial backing and military structure was removed, there would still be a lot of clean up work. Commanders that didn't want to accept the end of the war, planets that immediately did not accept the new empire (Naboo for one).

17. -JediClone-

Mar 21, 2005
    The fighting *did* continue past Order 66. But its the time between the start of the war and the issuing of Order 66 that's being lengthed here.

Otherwise, there's not going to be any setup for the 'which side are you on?' decision for the PC clones that Bevan wants to create.

18. The_Cheeser

Feb 16, 2005
  19. roxez

Nov 13, 2007
    Okay, for my game, each team member has a specific role. To keep their roles more distinct, each team member gets items/skills pertaining to that specific role. Each team member has a specific role. To keep their roles more distinct, Each team member gets one unique item and/or skill.

Mason - Team Lead
    LAAT/i support
    The team leader can call in air support from the LAAT/I troop transport. The following commands can be given:
    Suppressing Fire: Roll a d4 to determine direction relative to GM's seat. Pick one spot on map.
    On next initiative for player, gunship makes strafing run. Attack hits 3X6 square area one square behind target. e.g T is target, direction is right, attack is hitting these squares.
    XXXXXX
    XTXXXX
    XXXXXX
    Roll for attack (+7). Dmg is 4d10. Treat as area attacks for ALL targets in field of fire (including allies).
    Use of Suppressing Fire is a Full-Round Action (time to call in details). Usable once per mission.
    Group Pickup: Team Lead may call for team pickup at any time. Usually this results in Mission Failure.
    Notes: Some missions will not have LAAT/I support, due to team location. For example, LAAT/I support is restricted when team is within structures.

Natalie - Slicer
    Field Intel Kit
    Has several components:
    Reusable Computer Spike: Changes attitude of computer to Indifferent when logging in. User can choose to affect attitude after use. +5 to all other Use Computer Checks.
    Fiber Optic scope: +10 Perception if used under doors or around corners to see around obstacle. Focused Perception (oblivious to surroundings). Must move to Prone position to use.

Chris - Demolitions
    Entry Charge
    Small shaped explosive used to blow locks off doors. Charge explosively forces doors to open. Unlimited amount in compressed cylinders. Usable on doors or to explosively disable machinery and/or computers.
    "Sticky" Charge
    Explosive covered in flammable gel substance that sticks to most objects.
    Use as normal grenade. Roll attack and Damage (3d6+6) for 1-square burst area damage.
    Option: If in melee range, you can attach to an enemy. Make a Stealth check; if successful, target is unaware of explosive placement. If unsuccessful, target makes DC 15 check to remove and throw away. When calculating attack, original target is -10 to Ref defense (stuck on grenade remember?), all others in range are normal Ref defenses. Since attaching means being in melee and then moving away, you can use the swift action to remote detonate charge before Attack of Opportunity is resolved.
    You can hold up to 5 charges at once.

Nate - Medic
    Advanced Bacta Injector
    If a party member is knocked unconscious (0 HP and at the bottom of the condition track), you may use this device to restore half total hit points for that character. You must be adjacent to the character and use of the device is a Full-Round Action. You may use this on yourself on your next turn after falling unconscious by spending a Force Point.
    Usable once per mission (must be recharged)
    Adrenal booster
    Small injection gun. Usable on self or adjacent target. Target moves one step up condition track. Use of item is a move action.
    You may carry five uses at once.

Dave - Sniper
    Advanced Sniper Scope
    Attachable to any Rifle weapon. Gives Enhanced Low-Light scope rules with the following additions.
    -Can use a DC 15 perception check on a single target to be told target status (HP, condition level). Target must be in line of Sight.
    -Aiming requires a single swift action instead of two.
    -Weapon with Scope gets critical hit value of 19 when aimed.

20. Corvalis

Corvalis Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 17, 2008
    I have a question regarding the books available to us. I only used the Core book and the Clone Wars book to plot my characters level development, but there are a few things (a class and some talents) that I would like to have access to at later levels in the Scum and Villany book. Will that be okay?

21. The_Cheeser

Feb 16, 2005
    For now, the plan is to start this campaign on Thursnight, June 11th, 6pm, and Nathan's house.

Correct/objections?

22. Dark_Jedi_Nasman

Aug 17, 2006
    My place Thursnight, June 11th, 6pm.

Correct/No Objections...

23. roxez

Nov 13, 2007
    As long as it's official rules and you can copy/print off/show me the source, I don't really have a huge problem with anything from other books.

Yes, Thursday June 11 at Nathan's house. Of course, I can answer questions tomorrow as well.

24. Raph1613

Raph1613 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2004
    Not a lot of time here (haven't even read any of the Posts above) but wanted to let you know that both Noelle and I are interested in being involved in this.
    I don't know what my schedule for this Thursday is, but Noelle will definitely be available. Nathan, is there any chance that you could get her there if I can't make it?

Definitely hoping to be available. Thanks for the call Bevan!

25. The_Cheeser

Feb 16, 2005
    Well, it turns out that I can't play this week.
    There is more going on this week with my family than I realized.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.