main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NYC, NY Clone Wars Vol. 2 Countdown Thread--March 21st @ 7pm

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by ThePariah, Mar 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    LOL, Mike. I didn't notice the mask, either. But then I rewound my tape and watched it, and you can just barely see the shape. It's kind of Picasso-ed, though. :p

Can't wait to see Anakin getting medieval, and falling further to the Dark Side... :( My poor baby.

2. ObiJuan2080

ObiJuan2080 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 31, 2004
    Come on people, show of hands, how many of you, when you were young, use to pronounce "Lightsaber" as "Lifesaver"?

*Shows hand*

3. cyranodb

cyranodb Jedi Master star 4

Aug 26, 2001
    i was never young.

4. ObiJuan2080

ObiJuan2080 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 31, 2004
  5. JadeSolo

Sep 20, 2002
    Okay, Tim, I gotta say. Knowing the little I do about how ROTS starts out, the CW cartoons seem to have led right up to it. So maybe they're not as Infinities as originally thought. :p

How COOL was that? Anakin's black hand! Anakin's glove! Anakin's evil self! Shaak Ti! :_|

And when the credits started, I was like, "That's it?!" [face_laugh]

6. johnny_nod

johnny_nod Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 31, 2003
    Nice, poignant end...

Heh...black hand now...step 1 in the Vader scheme of things, methinks...

Great little setup...

ON WITH THE FILM!! :)

- Johnny

7. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    Anu, if you read LOE, and take LOE as the main source for the leadup to Ep III (which is what LFL sold it as), then LOE and the cartoon are not telling the same facts on many parts, and there is no way for a fix to make them agree - on several areas. The cartoon does reference some of the scenes in LOE, for about a second then goes on a totally different slant. The whole bunker scene is wrong, the train scene is very different, and according to LOE Annie and Obi are on another planet altogether when they receive the call to return to Coruscant (and nope, no way to say they went to the other planet next since Annie's hand has been fixed straight after the battle, and they go immediately to Coruscant from there). In fact one scene in LOE has Obi on the final planet before Coruscant doing something reminiscent of the Classic trilogy, so when you read it you go "So that is how he knows!" It was a great scene. I think LOE was one of the, if not the, best EU books ever.

I like the cartoon, it was fun. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it for what it was worth, and did have a real SW shine to it :)

But I think the cartoon has made a lot of people, including myself, who buy most/all of the EU very very angry especially since the cartoons are EU as well.

At best it is an exaggerated tale told be a very drunken Whiphid ex-Jedi in a seedy bar in Mos Eisley to even-more drunken patrons who don't believe a word he says, at worst it is unfortunately infinities (something I don't want personally). A lot of people are keeping an eye on the TOS forums to see what the official word is on this, the biggest EU mess since ... well since EU began. LFL could have prevented this, by stamping their feet down a little - and kept all groups making the pre-ROTS in touch with each other.

8. cyranodb

Aug 26, 2001
    The final episode totally rocked. The ending was totally awesome. I hope this comes out on DVD pretty soon too.

9. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Mike, you read Labyrinth of Evil? I recommend you do.

10. cyranodb

Aug 26, 2001
    finished it before Clone Wars started. Everything I watch and read makes me want to see Ep. 3 more. :)

11. JadeSolo

Sep 20, 2002
    Oops, sorry Tim. [face_blush] I haven't read LOE yet, so I don't know all the details. But if I had, then I would probably be annoyed. :p

12. ThePariah

ThePariah Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 24, 2003
    Dude, you HAVE to read it, Anu--it's got Obi-Wan getting high on spores. 8-} [face_laugh]

13. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Np Anu lol, this has started to make me laugh more than cry now - check out this on the TOS forums, I have found some of the funniest (as in doomed to crash like the Titanic - no wonder GL says the new movie will be like that "'berg wins!" film) quotes by LFL over LOE and the cartoon ever -

http://forums.starwars.com/thread.jspa?threadID=211342&start=0

I am starting the "Save our LOE!!!" crusade now ;) :p

14. JadeSolo

Sep 20, 2002
    I know I have to read LOE! :_| I think it's about time to cash in the rest of that Amazon gift thingy.

15. Jedi_Samantha

Jedi_Samantha Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    Final reactions on the last 5?

I thought they were AMAZING Linked very well with LOE.

16. johnny_nod

johnny_nod Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 31, 2003
    Excellent stuff. Lots of prophetic material throughout.

I still wonder if it would have been better if the team who made the "Batman" animated series worked on this.

Not to say that Genndy Tartakovsky is inferior, but I kinda like the sleek style Batman had(and I think the same people are doing the "Justice League" series).

LFL gave Tartakovsky high marks, though, and the first series copped an Emmy, so who's complaining? :)

- Johnny

17. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    I liked them, they were fun to watch ... but ...

I disagree that it fits with LOE, and if you go on the literature forum there are plenty of people who have written a lot on the continuity, people I have a lot of respect for when it comes to this stuff.

A few points ###### LOE SPOILERS #####-

From an interview or some other feature on SW.com it is clear that the cartoon makers were given a run-down of the sequence of events that happen in the Coruscant battle

The Grevious kidnap of Palps scene is VERY different in both stories, from the scene where Grevious breaks into Palp's chambers, the chase, and the the final confrontation in the bunker. Where was the other Jedi Master with Shaak Ti?????

There has arisen a timeline problem with the planet Annie is on in the cartoon and the planet him and Obi are on in LOE - at the end of both, they are called back to Coruscant - so which planet was the last one before Coruscant?

There are other things, but a bit too tired to type much more tonite lol

I know these may seem trivial to people who don't read a lot of EU, in some way I guess it is - but then this is a concerted effort by LFL to have one linked story, and somehow the different sources have really got a confusing story when you put it all together when they didn't have to go off on their own.

And the most unforgiveable scene in the new cartoon?
    K'Krukh, the whiphid Jedi who is "killed" in the cartoon and Grevious steals his lightsaber - well, he is a comic character, created by the DHC comics people and they still use him in scenes later than the cartoon episode was set in the timeline. That was their plan from start, and the people in the cartoon decided they could kill of a character who is a favourite with comic readers just for dramatic effect. Sorry, but that makes me go grrrrr lol.

18. JadeSolo

Sep 20, 2002
    Tim, I totally understand. I'm still annoyed over details in I, Jedi that came before TPM but now don't fit into the timeline. :p I mean, hello, Valin Halcyon should've been at least Anakin's age by the end of the Clone Wars, if Corran and Luke are the same age. But he's only 10. Unless he was a very precocious 10 years old. [face_mischief]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.