main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Collection Photos Thread V.2 (Image Heavy)

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by PadmeLeiaJaina, Jun 6, 2011.

1. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    A Long time ago...members of this forum used to chat about how they displayed their awesome collectibles in THIS THREAD. Sadly, huge numbers of the photos there now go to dead links and it hasn't been visited in 3 years :( So I propose that we start over again.

I'm working on getting my collection out - so these photos will change as I unearth more goodies. However, I took some photos of what I've got out to get things going:

PadmeLeiaJaina's Collection

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    If most of the links are dead then we might as well start anew. You can see some old pics of my collection at the website in my signature.

3. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I really like that you've got your Chrome (Boba? Jango?) mini-bust w/ your 2 pistols, I think that makes for a super looking display :)

4. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Chrome bust is Jango. The display also keeps the dust off! :p

I also have both the original Jango and Boba busts in the same display case as the Code 3 Signature Slave I. If you display Slave I upright there's enough room for the minibusts.

5. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Dust is always a problem. I'm very happy that I no longer have a room close to my sister's cockatoo - he throws off dust that gets all over the place.

I updated my page w/ some photos of my in-progress ANH Leia shelf. I still have to unearth a huge box filled w/ all of my Skywalker family dolls/figures. Grrr!

6. CellBlock327

CellBlock327 Jedi Youngling

Jun 16, 2011
    Hello All...A few wide shots of my recently completed collection room.

Cell Block 327

7. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    That looks great! I wish you had more close up shots so that I can get big eyefuls of everything :) I like that you've got tons of 12" Hasbro figures all around the room.

Looks like a fun place to hang out :)

8. CellBlock327

Jun 16, 2011
    Thanks for the kind words. I do indeed have many more detailed pics. I've just got to make the time to post them. Concerning your collection, is the 12" Vader and Chewbacca from the original Vintage line?

9. CellBlock327

Jun 16, 2011
  10. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Oh those are fun! I like all of your mini-duels that are erupting all over your collection :) I really like that your collection is a very nice mixture of loose and boxed. Bah seeing them really makes me want to unearth more of my stuff and get my office finished!

Grrr - I really want those "separate the twins" figures. (Writes them down as things to hunt down.)

Yes, I have the entire vintage 12" series although IG-88 doesn't have any accessories and one of his hands is broken (got him for a bargain, I like his battle weary condition ;) ) I also have both 12" Luke and Leia in box.

BTW I added 2 photos w/ my new 1/4 scale Anakin & Hoth Han Diamond Select figures on display. You can see my Vintage 12" Boba & IG-88 who are currently hanging out w/ Anakin until they find a better place to go.

11. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Nice room! I like the wall color as well. My living room is a similar shade of blue..

12. hothie

hothie Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 12, 2004
    Have pared the collecting down to a few lines. Here are some shots of my Legos and the shelves I built for them in my basement:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/54116856@N03/page2/

13. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    That's a lotta Lego.

14. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I love that collectors find all sorts of different collectibles to love from this series. I've never been interested in Legos, but I love seeing people's collections of them.

Your Maul bust and Star Destroyer are awesome!

15. hothie

hothie Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 12, 2004
    I'm in the 80-85% completion range. Obviously many of the more expensive sets I don't have.

For perspective, each section of shelving has a bottom shelf of a 4X8 sheet of plywood, middle shelf of 30" by 8', and the top shelf is 18" by 8'. So the shelves are 16' long and 4' deep on the bottom. It's raised 2 feet up for easier viewing, and in case the basement floods. :)

16. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Be sure to check out the SW Lego thread here, Hothie!

17. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Unlocking and upping for PLJ.

18. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Thanks LAJ!

A couple of preview photos:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

HERE'S an update with the photos in my collection. Hopefully I'll be moving around the beginning of the year so I can have a permanent home for my collection and get what's remaining out of storage so my shelves can be stuffed! (Bah - looking at my pics, I think I need to take new, current photos again!)

19. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Bah. My collection is utterly puny compared to yours. Nor is it displayed as neatly.

20. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Mine is not so neat either. I have figures on display all over the flat. Even the bathroom! (Darth Vader and Jango Fett figures that hold either shower soap or bubble bath.)

whostheBossk likes this.
  21. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    ...Now I want to put figures in my bathroom...

22. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Make sure they can withstand moisture. (These figures are just plastic - no cloth parts.)

23. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Ooh, good point. Perhaps I can score some vinyls or some soap dispensers off of eBay...

24. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I know I've seen both the Jango and Vader on Ebay UK..

25. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    They've made LOTS of bathroom stuff over the years, you definitely should be able to find some cool stuff to go in there.