main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

College Student Writer's Union: Life on campus the fan-fiction way!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by KnightJaina, Sep 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lane_Winree

Lane_Winree Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2006
    Got consumed in midterms and finals, so I didn't do too much writing. Now that I'm through with that, I'm slowly getting back into the grove.

Back in May I finished posting my fifth longfic. Right now I'm outlining and preparing to delve into my sixth and perhaps last one.

2. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Chosen One star 4

Mar 28, 2004
    My exams are over as well, but I can't start writting anew, though I have some ideas, hopefully the writer's block will be over soon...

3. Riven_JTAC

Riven_JTAC Jedi Master star 4

Jun 28, 2011
    Hey folks!

I'm heading into my third year of graduate school at Penn State (studying law and business). I have always been interested in fan-fiction. I wrote a 120,000+ word fiction for the anime series You're Under Arrest! when I was in high school (I want to say this was 2003-2004) (you can find it on FanFiction.net; it's called "The Siege"). I also wrote a 2,500 word story for the game RF Online (mid-Spring '06), which was published in Codemasters Software's magazine. I've started many other stories, but I've never finished them because, inevitably, I either: A) get writers block; or B) realize I'm more or less rehashing a default idea with different clothes (read: story setting, typically an anime).

For many, many years, I've used my imagination to fill in the gaps of my extremely boring life. No matter where I am, what I'm doing, part of my brain is typically imagining a story for a fic. These ideas almost never get past my brain, though I did start writing a fic for one of my more favorite universes, but as I said above, it fell into neglect.

I've always been a huge Star Wars nut, but it hasn't been until the last couple years that my mind has shifted over to imagining Star Wars stories, usually revolving around a pair of OCs I've concocted, but heavily involving many of the heroes of the SW universe (basically, AU-style, but no major changes... just filling in gaps or changing some details). Star Wars is always the setting, but the situations come from both original imagination or a variety of completely unrelated sources.

For whatever reason, within the last few days, I've actually had the urge to start putting some of this stuff to paper (Word document?) for the first time. I figured that Jedi Council had to have a page for Fan Fiction, and I'm glad it does.

I'm amazed at how expansive these boards are. I'm also really glad I found this topic. I haven't read all 71 pages, but I'm probably going to start as I'm bored as heck at work tomorrow afternoon! I hope that if I do get off my butt and start putting some stuff down that I can get some help here. I got into a disagreement with someone many years ago about original characters, which is probably why I stopped writing altogether.

So, long post. I tend to do that. Sorry. :(

But, just wanted to throw that out there. Maybe I can be of help to other writers. I'm a stickler for grammar, amongst other things. I think I'm a fairly good technical writer. Maybe I can get some confidence by reading these Fan Fiction boards and get some help, too. I'm sure that as I work up my confidence I'll have many questions, so please don't hurt me! ;)

Thanks!

-Riven_JTAC

4. SithGirl132

SithGirl132 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 6, 2005
    In their infinite wisdom, my college handed me a diploma and threw me out the door. In response, I'm taking some time to work and unwind while researching law school. And working as a waitress. Hey, I'm having fun, and that's what matters.

Now what do I do? In three weeks, many of my friends will be back in school, and I'll be working and playing too much World of Warcraft. What do I do with all of my spare time?

5. Riven_JTAC

Riven_JTAC Jedi Master star 4

Jun 28, 2011
    I can help you with that:

Dear Sith Girl132,

Don't do it.

Signed,

Third Year Graduate Student Working towards JD and MBA

6. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    Welcome, Riven. Law school, eh? yiikes.

One of my roommates is off on a camping trip for her geology class for a week. That must be interesting.

Why is it that plot bunnies always bite when I feel the most stressed out?

7. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    Because that's what they do. :p

I have rehearsals for one show starting tomorrow, and organizing auditions for another for next week. I foresee my extra-curriculars becoming more important than class this year. Say what?! :p [face_laugh]

8. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    Performing is difficult. I'm glad to have stepped down from all of my officer positions due to my December graduation date. My lucky roommie's not just going camping on some fault line, but also going on a research cruise to study more geology later on. The first time I saw her tent in our living room I was like ???????

Now, if only I had the time to rewrite the YJK series.

9. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Hey guys.

I am Briann and I just started University fresh out of high school and I'm kinda scared pantless. I am joint majoring in Poli-Sci and International Studies, but I'm kinda rethinking that whole thing.

So, yeah. Hi.

10. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    Poli-sci is hard. Welcome to college.

Maybe, instead of following up on my plot bunny, I should just doodle all of the EU characters that I can think of in genderbent form, as I doodle my way thru lectures anyway. The plot bunny's write GB versions of the EU.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.