main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Comic Book Character you'd like to see in a movie?

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Books and Comics' started by Darth_Ignant, Jan 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Ignant

Darth_Ignant Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 24, 2001
    Or redone?

I'd like to see a Green latern flick. With today's CG, it would look great. As for which GL, Kyle is my fave. But I imagine any flick would have Hal, with the actual character being a mix...which would probably annoy some fans.

2. Darth-Kevin-Thomas

Darth-Kevin-Thomas Jedi Master star 5

Sep 27, 2002
    Green Lanter would be swell...only if he fought the evil baron of Meat Pies seen in comic "Green Lanter #3343234"

that or Warmachine or Iron Man.

dkt

3. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    I'd love to see a Green Lantern vs Sinestro battle, and Sinestro has the potential for a great screen villain.

I'd like to see and Iron Man flick too, but I keep hearing that Tom Cruise is trying really hard for the role, and frankly I'm getting sick of the guy.

Silver Surfer would be cool. I imagine there would have to be an origin chapter, but later on I'd like to see a one-shot comic called The Artifact made into a movie.

4. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    I would LOVE to see a Preacher movie. Although to be done right it would have to at least be a trilogy. There is just too much stuff to cram into one movie.

5. JediOverlord

JediOverlord Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2000
    I too would like to see a Green Lantern movie,with Hal Jordan as GL. An Iron Man movie would be neat,as long as it isn't Tom Cruise as Tony Stark.

6. citizenjohn

citizenjohn Jedi Knight star 5

May 4, 2001
    Definately an IRON MAN film. Also I wouldnt mind seeing a better version of Capt. America. And yes a Green Lantern film would be nice as well.

7. Darth-Kevin-Thomas

Darth-Kevin-Thomas Jedi Master star 5

Sep 27, 2002
    Tom Sellack as Iron Man...Oh yeah

dkt

8. CarrKicksDoor

CarrKicksDoor Jedi Master star 3

Jan 16, 2005
    Nightwing. I think there's the potential there for a good story with enough exposition.

~Carr

9. citizenjohn

May 4, 2001
    If thay had done it 15 years ago he would have been perfect. Jes still a good choice but I think he might be too old now.

10. Tabula Rasa

Tabula Rasa Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 8, 1998
    Green Lanter and Iron Man movies would rock. Selleck could still play Tony Stark, with the right storyline.

Most of all though, I'd like to see a Sandman movie. Something classy, unlike anything else we've seen before.

11. Jedi_Jimbo

Jedi_Jimbo Jedi Master star 6

Oct 1, 2004
    I would like to see a Lobo movie and an Evil Ernie movie.
    George Romero should do the Evil Ernie one with maybe Jake Gillenhall as Ernie.

12. ComicDiva

ComicDiva Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 27, 2004
    DEADPOOL!

Oh fer crying out loud, they're making a Luke Cage movie! Deadpool so deserves his own cinematic debut!

13. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    I want Dani from the old Marvel Star Wars comics. She was annoying as Sith for a while, but then, as soon as she stopped having a massive crush on all things Luke Skywalker, I started to like her...

14. RolandofGilead

RolandofGilead Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2001
    Iron Man is an old favorite and I can't imagine anyone who could be a better fit than Tom Sellick. I know he's old, but did you catch his latest TV movie? He's still got the Coolness.

Plus, they could do Tony Stark in his later, alcohol abusing, physically impaired years. That's something we haven't seen.

15. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Tom Selleck as Tony Stark is a great call! Not only does he look like Stark, but the guy can act.

We're supposed to be getting an Iron Fist movie, but I have not checked up on its development.

16. somethingfamiliar

somethingfamiliar Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2003
    Magnus, Robot Fighter

17. The_Face

The_Face Ex-Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 22, 2003
    A Green Lantern flick would be great. It might be cool to set up Sinestro as a GL first, and then have him go bad in a sequel. If you do that, though, I don't know what villain the first one would have...

As for the big ringslinger himself, definitely Hal Jordan. Guy Gardner would be a fun minor character, though, if you went with the Corps.

The Flash is another one. He would be so incredible on film. I've given a little thought to this, actually. You could easily do a trilogy, thanks to Geoff Johns and his villain-rejuvinating magic.

Film 1: Captain Cold. Make sure he's distinct from Mr. Freeze by playing up his ruthlessness and weird code of honor. And use the Keystone PD, particularly Hunter Zolomon.

Film 2: This is the hard one. Gorilla Grodd could work, but it would be rough to translate to the big screen. Then again, King Kong was amazing...

Film 3: Now you bring out Zoom, since you've had the proper buildup. This thing would be epic.

18. Raven

Raven Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 5, 1998

I'd love a Green Lantern film. It's tough trying to decide whether to go for Kyle or Hal though. Kyle's story works better if Hal is already there - his origin as a superhero is tied directly to Hal. But in my opinion, he's also the more interesting character. Hal, on the other hand, stands alone better than Kyle does. And I think that for American audiences, the character of Hal Jordan has a lot more appeal.

19. citizenjohn

May 4, 2001
    Also more people tend to know Hal Jordan as Green Lantern. Although a Guy Gardner GL would be cool also.

20. FlareStorm

FlareStorm Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 13, 2000
    Womder Woman [face_love]

21. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Joss Whedon is working on that.

22. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    Plus we can then have a sequel involving Parallax, if I remember my GL history correctly.

I want to see Thanos or Apocalypse in a movie.

23. Raven

Raven Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 5, 1998
    I don't think that the Parallax storyline would translate well to the big screen.

24. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    The Golden Age Sandman. Wesley Dodds. If done seriously, would be quite enjoyable.

25. BobaFrank

BobaFrank Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 17, 2001
    Iron Man

The Avengers

The TICK

Silver Surfer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.