main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA Comic-Con 2007 - Anyone? July 26-29th

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by kay_dee, Jan 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NivekSkywalker

NivekSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2006
    thats about the same price i'm paying through southwest flying outta oakland. i'll be arriving at 11am though.

2. Harlock415

Harlock415 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2003
    I'll probably go through Alaska Air later this week. Same flight.

3. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    Just a reminder that tomorrow, June 7, is the deadline for e-mails or postmarks for pre-registration at $55.

After that, it goes up to $65 until June 21.

4. Keijo-Sawyer

Keijo-Sawyer Jedi Padawan star 4

May 14, 2007
    This will be my first time...what should I DO?

And anyone else excited about the Superman Doomsday Premiere?

5. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    I heard about the Superman/Doomsday thing, but it's the same night as the Star Wars concert behind the convention. It's coming on DVD in a couple months anyway. I can wait. But it's the 30th Anniversary of Star Wars, and hearing the music live on it's 30th anniversary is a one-time thing!

6. elmoizme

elmoizme Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 27, 2005
    Isn't seeing the Superman premiere the night of the live Star Wars concert on the 30th anniversary of Star Wars a one time thing also? :-B

7. Keijo-Sawyer

Keijo-Sawyer Jedi Padawan star 4

May 14, 2007
    What? Star Wars? WHERE? I wanna see a Star War!

8. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    Having second thoughts about ComicCon this year... Other than the possiblity of new Narnia clips or something what's gonna be there? Maybe going camping in Tahoe if my other buddy who wanted to go to ComicCon doesn't come through.

9. Harlock415

Aug 21, 2003
    Just booked my ticket on Alaska Air the other day. That particular fllight is starting to fill up.

10. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Really? I didn't see it come up on my travel website log. When did you book it again, Robert?

11. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    Well Matty, I'm thinking that there maybe other places to book flights cheaper. Rob could just give you the $6 or so difference if it will make you feel better. ;) Then again he's usually broke so maybe not. lol If you could get some kinda of massive discount deal Matt then you may get more direct interest from the average poor SW fan like us. Is that possible? [face_laugh]

12. Harlock415

Aug 21, 2003
    Went through Alaska directly.

13. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999

Well, I guess no commission for me then. :( How much did you get them for, BTW?

To anyone else booking a flight or rental car to Comic-Con, or a package for DragonCon: pleeease help me earn a few more bucks. OK, I'll admit it here, but I'm in dire financial straits now, and anything and everything helps nowadays,[face_worried] and the last thing I would do is ask friends for money directly.

14. Harlock415

Aug 21, 2003
    It was $118 with taxes and fees. bugger of t was a few days before that it was only $104.[face_frustrated]

15. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Like every year, there are several exclusives available at Comic-Con this year. But one of them is extra special. Hasbro will be selling exclusive figures of "RT-KT" , a figure based on an actual droid made by fans for the daughter of 501st founder Albin Johnson's daughter, Katie. The pink droid (her favorite color) was built for Katie to keep her spirits ip during her fight with cancer in 2005, to which she succumbed to on August 9. She was only six years old. @};-

Proceeds from the figure sales will go to Make A Wish. So please show your support and purchase at least one. Thank you.

http://www.r2kt.com/hasbro/actionfig.html

16. Jazmachine

Jazmachine Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 24, 2003
    Speaking of exclusives, could someone who's going to CC pick up an extra Commander Cody GG mini bust for me? There will be an extra bounty in it for the one who picks it up. Let me know and I'll begin to make arrangements for the funds. thanks!

btw, thanks for sending the DVD of the Conan taping Matt! It came out great! And thanks to Robert for recording it!

17. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Hey guys... I'm strongly leaning towards going, but some family drama came up last night and I need to get something resolved there first. Hopefully I can have a decision by later today or tomorrow morning.

18. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Hey guys... I'm afraid I'm out for SDCC after all. :( Ironically, it isn't due to the previously mentioned family stuff, but rather to my parents suddenly changing their travel plans and planning a family camping trip in the Sierras for that week. *sigh* Next year I'm going to give them all my potential con dates ahead of time, so that they can have full advanced notice to NOT schedule my dad's vacation for those weeks!

19. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Aww, that's too bad Alison. :(

But for anyone still thinking of going, just to remind you that tomorrow is the deadline for pre-registration.

20. kay_dee

kay_dee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    Oh no Alison, I'm sorry you can't make it to the convention. Yes, next year let them know your tentative convention traveling dates! I'll miss hanging out with you this year :(

21. NivekSkywalker

May 21, 2006
    is anyone renting a car or van when we fly into san diego?i had called hawthorne suites earlier today asking them how would i take public transportation to the center and they said it is a 30 minute walk from the suites to the trolley station in which i would have to transfer to anothe trolley line going to the convention center. taking a cab would be even worse!

22. Harlock415

Aug 21, 2003
    I have a car reserved -- hopefully they will accept my debit card...

23. NivekSkywalker

May 21, 2006
    is there enough room in your car rental for us robert?

24. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    There should be enough room, once we get the luggage out of the way. My roomies will be driving down in a van and arriving that afternoon, so that will be mne and Dale's ride untl Sunday when they leave. Maybe Robert, Dale, and I can get the car and pick you up at the airpoort, Kevin. You land at 11 am, right? Then we can drop our luggage at the hotel. Rachel will then meet us later. She's driving in wiith Charles n Wednesday. Pre-regstration begins at 3 pm.

25. kay_dee

kay_dee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    Any Fan Force members planning to attend the 501st dinner on Friday? I certainly would only plan to go if a few friends were there. However, it is 30 dollars.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.