main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Diego, CA Comic Con 2008 (Already)

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Miana Kenobi, Jan 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    Touche'! :p I was hoping the Giants would be in town. Hopefully one year I can attend a game at Petco. It reminds me of our own ballpark in SF. :)

Cool! Shoot me a PM to exchange contact info before you get here.

2. Volntyr

Volntyr Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 23, 2002
    :p

3. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    *yawn* Time for the madness.

4. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Less than 4 months!

5. MasterCenedra

MasterCenedra Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 3, 2005
    Kia Ora People!

Just thought I would post to say hey, and get to know ya...

I have applied to be a Volunteer at this years Comic Con, so I hoping to have some mean as fun...I am going there on my way to the UK, I going to over to Scotland for Two Years, so I thought I would also try my hand at Comic Con...Having wanted to go for years! lol

MC (Jackie)

6. Volntyr

Apr 23, 2002
    Can I insert my EVIL LAUGH now that you are now MINE?!?

In all seriousness, just let me know what you might be interested in doing, volunteer wise and I will let you know what it entails...

7. MasterCenedra

Apr 3, 2005
    lol.

Well at the moment, I'm all for helping out anywhere...

MC

8. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    You do NOT want line control. Like ever. :p

9. MasterCenedra

Apr 3, 2005
    Is it THAT bad?? [face_worried]

MC

10. Volntyr

Apr 23, 2002
    No, it's not THAT bad. But dont worry, just let me know ahead of time and I will try and put you into a nice spot.

11. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Not too bad, but a lot of people are impatient little turds who get really snippy with line control.

12. MasterCenedra

Apr 3, 2005
    I used to get those kinds of people at work during Chirstmas. Its fun to be the one in 'power' but when they ahve a go at ya, that gets annoying...so yeah, I'm not a big fan of Lines...

MC

13. MasterCenedra

Apr 3, 2005
    oh, I heard that Martin Gero, writer from Stargate Atlantis is going to be at CC this year!

MC

14. Dune_Sea_Hermit

Dune_Sea_Hermit Jedi Master star 1

Apr 30, 2002
    From the official site:

First-Ever Comic-Con Volunteer Fair!
    You can be a part of the country?s largest comics and popular arts convention!
    Be part of the top-notch Comic-Con International volunteer team!
    Sunday
    April 13, 2008
    10AM to 12 Noon

Westin San Diego
    Opal Room
    (formerly the Wyndham)
    400 W. Broadway, San Diego
    » click for a map

Comic-Con presents its first-ever Volunteer Fair on Sunday, April 13, 2008, from 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM in the Opal Room at the Westin San Diego (formerly the Wyndham) at 400 West Broadway in downtown San Diego (map).

You've seen it on TV. You've read about it in the papers and magazines. Come and speak with the coordinators of the many departments that help make Comic-Con the largest, most exciting comic book and popular arts convention in the country. Find out about what it takes to put on a convention of this magnitude and how you can be part of it.

The Comic-Con Volunteer Fair is open to the public. We look forward to seeing you there!

15. Volntyr

Apr 23, 2002
    heh...:cool: It actually is quite an event to help put on throughout the year. Despite me complaining about how fast the time goes to another Con, it really is very fun which is why I have been doing it for 24 years now. Besides, you can see the elusive ME!

16. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    4 DAY PASSES ARE SOLD OUT.

17. Solo42986

Solo42986 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 4, 2002
    Don't know if people know this yet, but if you're a Torchwood fan, apparently good ole Cpt. Jack Harkness is supposed to be there this year.

And I'm missing it :oops:

18. me-gonk

me-gonk Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 17, 2003
    I have heard that rumour as well! I hope he's going to be there. The boys would die! :) OK...so would I LOL

19. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Ugggg... coming home from the airport today, saw the banners already up on the lightposts.

20. me-gonk

me-gonk Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 17, 2003
    Only 2 weeks now!!
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    [face_hypnotized] *runs around in circles not knowing what to do next of the things that have to be done*[face_hypnotized]

The one good thing is Jon's taking the entire week off from work so we have a couple days before hand in which to take care of random last minute things and we're not trying to dash over there after he finishes work on Preview night. Man that's a pain!

21. DarthBrian

DarthBrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    Thursday Programming is officially up now

There's also Wednesday Night programming for the first time evar.

Wednesday, July 23, PREVIEW NIGHT

Attention 4-Day Members Only: For the first time ever, Comic-Con adds a special event on Preview Night, and what a special event it is! Be among the first to see the new fall series Fringe!

6:00?7:30 and 7:30-9:00 Fringe Pilot Screenings?Comic-Con and Warner Bros. Television proudly present two exclusive premiere screenings of the pilot episode of Fringe, the highly anticipated new FOX series from J.J. Abrams (Lost), Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman, the team behind the upcoming Star Trek feature, Mission: Impossible 3 and Alias. When an international flight lands at Boston?s Logan Airport and the passengers and crew have all died grisly deaths, FBI Special Agent Olivia Dunham (Anna Torv, The Pacific) is called in to investigate. When the search nearly kills her partner, Special Agent John Scott (Mark Valley, Boston Legal), a desperate Olivia searches frantically for someone to help, leading her to Dr. Walter Bishop (John Noble, The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King), our generation?s Einstein. There?s only one catch: He?s been institutionalized for the last 20 years, and the only way to question him requires pulling his estranged son, Peter (Josh Jackson, Shutter), in to help. Under Special Agent Phillip Broyles (Lance Reddick, The Wire), our trio will discover that what happened on that fatal flight is only a small piece of a larger, more shocking truth. Fringe also stars Kirk Acevedo (Oz), Blair Brown (The Days and Nights of Molly Dodd) and Jasika Nicole (The Mastersons of Manhattan). From Bad Robot Productions in association with Warner Bros. Television, Fringe premieres September 9 and airs Tuesdays at 9:00 PM on FOX. (Please note: we will clear the room between screenings. Seating is limited. Pick the screening time that works best for you!) Ballroom 20

Sounds groovy. But Preview Night is one of the only chances I have of buying Exclusives so I'll have to pass.

22. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    Looking for something to do on the evening of Thursday, July 24?
    Going to be in beautiful downtown San Diego for Comic-Con?
    Want to have fun in a chance to win a $200 grand prize?

The San Diego Rocket Race team (that put on the Kessel Run at C4) is putting on a race around downtown San Diego:

SUPERCOLOSSAL FAN RACE

* Starting Line: "Coming Together" mosaic/sculpture at the south end of the San Diego Convention Center
    * Starting Time: 7 pm
    * Entrance Fee: $20 for a team of two.

How it works:

At the start of the race, each team of two will receive a packet with their first clue, which will lead them to a place where they will receive their second clue, which when solved will lead them to a place to get their third clue, etc. Clues will require solving puzzles based on all sorts of things you might find at Comic-Con: movies, comics, sci-fi, fantasy, gaming, etc. (more than just the standard sci-fi fare from the annual fall Rocket Race or the Star Wars theme of the Kessel Run). Racers will travel on foot, and the race should take no more than 2 hours.

A Comic-Con badge is not required.

Did I mention that the first place prize is $200?

Get more information or register online at www.sdrocketrace.com or show up with $20 cash on-site for registration.

23. DarthBrian

DarthBrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    Friday, Saturday, and Sunday scheduling are now up.

EDIT: HEROES AND LOST ARE IN HALL H THIS YEAR!!! W0000000t!!!!! [face_dancing]

24. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    SO MUCH BETTER.

And wow, I'm not leaving Hall H on Saturday until 5pm. :(

25. Solo42986

Solo42986 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 4, 2002
    So I have my schedule planned out already :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.