main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Coming Attractions 2005!!!

Discussion in 'Archive: Idaho Falls, ID' started by RABIDJAWA, Apr 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RABIDJAWA

RABIDJAWA Jedi Youngling star 2

May 20, 2002
    The next few months are starting to look pretty promising, as far as cool movies go. Here the stuff that looks cool to me, being released from now until the end of August:

XXX: State of the Union - This one's got Ice Cube instead of Vin Diesel and a new director. Should be an improvement. 4/29

Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy - Sci-fi and comedy mixed, it's like to great tastes that taste great together. 4/29

Kingdom of Heaven - Ridley Scott does the Crusades. 5/6

Unleashed - Jet Li gets his butt-kicking ability unleashed (get it?) whenever he takes his collar off. 5/13

Star Wars - Ep. III: Revenge of the Sith - Uh, duh! 5/19

Cinderella Man - Russell Crowe does boxing. 6/3

Lords of Dogtown - Skaters do what they do best; they skate. 6/3

Mr. and Mrs. Smith - Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie are married spies trying to kill each other. Something for everybody!! 6/10

Batman Begins - Good director and great cast could make for a great flick! 6/17

War of the Worlds - Aliens come to earth and blow stuff up. 6/29

Fantastic Four - DDDOOOOOOOMMMMMMM!!!!!! And Jessica Alba's kinda nice to look at, too. 7/8

Charlie and Chocolate Factory - Tim Burton directs this, so it'll probably be pretty messed up. 7/15

Wedding Crashers - Vince Vaughn + Owen Wilson should = lots of laughs. 7/15

The Island - Ewan McGregor hangs out on the sci-fi island of the future. 7/22

The Brothers Grimm - It's about two guys who run around Europe fighting imaginary monsters. Kinda like Erik's life. 7/29

Dukes of Hazzard - YEEE-HAAAWWWW!!!. Or it might stink. 8/5

New untitled Mike Judge flick: It's about a guy who makes up in the future and discovers he's the smartest guy in the world. 8/5

Domino - Kiera Knieghtley kicks some booty. That's hot!! 8/19

All release dates are, of course, tenative. Also, this list reflects my taste so not everything's on here. Plus new movie info may come to light that excites us about other movies. But, I'm sick of typing, so...

What other movies are people looking forward to?

2. nordicgal

nordicgal Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    What about that new Kung Fu movie we saw the trailer for at Sin City? I forget what it's called.

3. Ariadnae1

Ariadnae1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 15, 2003
    I think that was called Kung Fu Hustle. I don't remember when it comes out though. It looked kinda funny, but more of a renter in my opinion.

What do you all think of Sahara? The stars are saying it is like old school adventure movies, like Indy. No CGI, just lots of explosions.

4. Jedi-Nads

Jedi-Nads Jedi Youngling

Mar 1, 2005
    My mom saw Sahara tonight and said it was pretty good. One of those shoot em up adventures where nobody dies. I think it's based on a series of Clive Cussler novels.

5. RABIDJAWA

May 20, 2002
    I guess Kung Fu Hustle is playing in New York and L.A. right now and it goes wide on 4/22.

6. RABIDJAWA

May 20, 2002
    Hey I just read an interview with Christopher Nolan, the guy who's directing Batman Begins, and my anticipation for that flick has shot up 1000%. I'm still more excited for Fantastic Four, but this Bat-flick keeps looking better and better.

7. Oscar_the_Gungan

Oscar_the_Gungan Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 1, 2001
    yeah, I have to agree about Batman Begins. I'm still more excited about FF also, but Batman looks promising as well. Are people interested in a midnight screening?

8. RABIDJAWA

May 20, 2002
    That's June 17th, right? I'll do it. I hope they do a midnight show for FF as well.

I almost forgot...
    I'm kinda interested in seeing Layer Cake, mainly because the director, Matthew Vaughn is gonna be directing X-Men 3. It opens in LA and New York on 5/13, so who knows when, or if it'll get here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.