main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Concert at Celebration

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by snap-hiss, Feb 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snap-hiss

snap-hiss Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2001
  2. Motterman

Motterman Jedi Grand Master star 2

Dec 22, 2000
    12 bucks?

Good deal, except for the fact that you're already paying a couple hundred dollars to go to the con already....

3. caliman

caliman Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 26, 2000
    Yeah, pretty jacked up that they make you pay for this, but for 12 bucks, it's really a steal, and it might keep some of the dreggs out. Reading this announcement gave me goosebumps. I only wish...I only with Ben, er John Williams was there doing it himself. Even though, this should be one of the highlights. Awesome!

4. JediToren

JediToren Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2000
    Yeah I wouldn't miss this for anything.

5. JediAutobot

JediAutobot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2000
    I am so hyped! I just about to go through the roof when I read about it. $12 bucks is so minimal to. Woohoo!

6. SkottASkywalker

SkottASkywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2002
    My wife and I have attended concert's by the Indianapolis Symphony Orchesta when they played STAR WARS music. They were outdoor concert's when we attended. They did a great job. At least one or more of the time's, they had a laser light show with it. I don't know if it is the same Orchestra, but I'm sure we are in for a real treat, regardless.

7. Shara

Shara Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    Yeah that was the Philharmonic at Conner Prairie that usually does those concerts. It would probably difficult to get the Indianapolis Symphony to do that. I can't wait!

8. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    It sounds really, really cool. As for going, I'll definitely go if there's not something else going on then that's cooler. :)

9. MysterySith

MysterySith MEPA Founder/Advisor FF NYC, NY star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 17, 2000
    This sounds like a must.

I just wonder what else will be going on at the same time.

10. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    I really want to go to the concert, now I have to talk my mom into it! :)

11. SkottASkywalker

Jan 3, 2002
    Shara, my wife and I seem to remember it being ISO and it each time we attended it was at Conner Prairie and as I said earlier, they had a laser light show with it, at least one or more of the time's. Maybe each time. I have the program's, hopefully for each one. I keep anything and everything I get that is STAR WARS and or has STAR WARS in it, but I would have to look for them. Either way, it's going to be great!

12. Grand Moff Touch

Grand Moff Touch Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 18, 1999
    According to the Celebration site, the offical program ends at 8PM each night. The concert is at 8:30PM Saturday night.

13. Nillanator

Nillanator Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 9, 2001
    This concert should send chills, just like hearing 20th Century Fox in the movies...lol

What a feeling !! ;)

14. snap-hiss

snap-hiss Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2001
    That's great that it's after hours, that way we won't miss anything.

!snap

15. Obi_Wan_01

Obi_Wan_01 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 17, 2001
    I feel so sad that I won't be going to the celebration, but I love this icon.

16. SkottASkywalker

Jan 3, 2002
    It would be great if everyone who wanted to attend could attend. Maybe the opportunity to attend will present itself between now and then, Obi_Wan_01.

17. brb23

brb23 Jedi Youngling

Feb 4, 2002
    Also, Figrin D'an, Sy Snootles, and others will be playing with the orchestra. Ha Ha. Woooooo.

18. Lelila

Lelila Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 1999
    I wonder how many tickets are available! I'll probably end up standing in line for hours and hours and missing stuff going on in the con just to get tickets to this.

Yes, it would be amazing if John were doing it. I had the extreme privilage of heading down to Lennox, Mass. with some friends for the Tanglewood Festival last summer. He conducted a great concert - a fabulous selection of his work along with some other stuff. Of course, a Star Wars piece was included, (the Throne Room and credits at the end of ANH). It was simply a mind-boggling experience. I cannot wait for the concert :D

19. daHood

daHood Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 27, 2000
    This sounds great, but does anyone know if they'll be performing the actual music from the movies or if they will change it. You know, like variations on themes with different instruments. As much as I love the scripted music itself, I feel there should be something more than just hearing it live with some visuals. I'm a big fan of the Metallica SW medly (not the band mind you) for an example.

20. JediToren

Mar 20, 2000
    I imagine we will hear concert arrangements of various themes from all 5 movies.

21. KieferBend

KieferBend Jedi Youngling

Nov 20, 2001
    I really want to hear the ROTJ Death Star battle that one part is so cool!!!!!!!

I just can't wait to go.

22. JediToren

Mar 20, 2000
    "Good deal, except for the fact that you're already paying a couple hundred dollars to go to the con already...."

They have no other choice. There will be at lest 10,000 fans at the convention at any given time, no concert hall I know of can house that many people, and there certainly isn't a large enough concert hall at the convention center. The only way to limit it is by selling a limited ammount of tickets.
    Sorry, it's just not possible for 10,000-30,000 people to see a concert at once, especially when the majority of the convention center will already be in use for other activities.

23. Grand Moff Joker

Grand Moff Joker Jedi Master star 4

Oct 13, 1999
    Unless they held the concert in the RCA Dome itself. That would certainly have adequate seating capacity, although not the best of acoustics for a symphonic concert.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.