main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

O.C, CA Contest: The Movie Quote Game

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by crazybirdman, Jan 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    The Game is simple, someone will post one quote from a movie, and then you post another movie qoute. Your qoute doesn't necessarily have to be from the same movie, and it doesn't have to be from a Star Wars movie. It can be the first quote you think of, it can be one you just think is funny. This goes on and on until we get bored with it.

The Contest is also simple. The last one to post wins a prize. Since it's technically impossible to see who the winner is that way, we'll say the last person to post for 48 hours. So if you post a quote, and no one post after you for 48 hours (not including forum down time) you win a prize. If someone wins the contest, please feel free to keep playing the game :)

The Prize a set of Star Wars Episode 3 stamps form the Australian Post.
    [image=http://lafanforce.com/Gallery/albums/album43/Prize1_001.sized.jpg]
    Anyone is eligible to win, so have fun.

I'm going to let someone else start the game as the only quotes I can think of right now ar Jar-Jar [face_sick]

2. Robeewankenobe

Robeewankenobe Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 29, 2004
    "I'll be back"

3. the_black_smudge

the_black_smudge Jedi Youngling star 3

May 24, 2004
    "Well it's quite brutal here, in fact we're advising all our people to put everything into canned foods and shotguns!"

4. Donald

Donald Jedi Youngling

Oct 4, 2005
    "Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit drinking."

5. LordJedi

LordJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 15, 2001
    "Where do these stairs go?"

6. Enforcer_Draconus

Enforcer_Draconus Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 19, 2004
    "C'mon and Get one in the Yarbles"

7. the_black_smudge

May 24, 2004
    "You're looking at now." "What about then?" "You missed it" "when?" "just now"...."when will then be now?" "soon!"

8. MALICE_MIZER

MALICE_MIZER Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 10, 2003
    "For relaxing times, make it Suntory time..."

9. MALICE_MIZER

Jan 10, 2003
    Huckabees, the everything store!"

10. MALICE_MIZER

Jan 10, 2003
    "Can we read it?"
    "No."
    "Can you paraphrase it for us?"
    "I don't think so."
    "Is it dark?"
    "Of course it's dark. It's a suicide note."

11. MALICE_MIZER

Jan 10, 2003
    "Ladies and gentlemen, we are very pleased to welcome you to the world premiere of Part 1 of the newest film from a great favorite of ours here at Loquasto, Mr. Steve Zissou. A brief Q & A will immediately follow the screening. Thank you."

12. MALICE_MIZER

Jan 10, 2003
    "I like your nurse's uniform, guy."
    "These are O.R. scrubs."
    "Oh, are they?"

13. MALICE_MIZER

Jan 10, 2003
    "You're like one of those clipper ship captains. You're married to the sea."
    "Yes, that's true...But I've been out to sea for a long time."

14. MALICE_MIZER

Jan 10, 2003
    "You didn't see the killing or the body. How do you know there was a murder?"
    "Because everything this fellow's done has been suspicious: trips at night in the rain, knifes, saws, trunks with rope, and now this wife that isn't there anymore."
    "I admit it does have a mysterious sound. But it could be any number of things for the wife disappearing. Murder is the least part."
    "Now,Doyle, don't tell me that he's just an unemployed magician amusing the neighborhood with his slight of hand. Don't tell me that."

15. MALICE_MIZER

Jan 10, 2003
    "Hello; my name is Marty DiBergi. I'm a filmmaker. I make a lot of commercials. That little dog that chases the covered wagon underneath the sink? That was mine. In 1966, I went down to Greenwich Village, New York City to a rock club called Electric Banana. Don't look for it; it's not there anymore. But that night, I heard a band that for me redefined the word "rock and roll". I remember being knocked out by their... their exuberance, their raw power - and their punctuality. That band was Britain's now-legendary Spinal Tap. Seventeen years and fifteen albums later, Spinal Tap is still going strong. And they've earned a distinguished place in rock history as one of England's loudest bands. So in the late fall of 1982, when I heard that Tap was releasing a new album called "Smell the Glove", and was planning their first tour of the United States in almost six years to promote that album, well needless to say I jumped at the chance to make the documentary - the, if you will, "rockumentary" - that you're about to see. I wanted to capture the... the sights, the sounds... the smells of a hard-working rock band, on the road. And I got that; I got more... a lot more. But hey, enough of my yakkin'; whaddaya say? Let's boogie!"

16. MALICE_MIZER

Jan 10, 2003
    "This tasteless cover is a good indication of the lack of musical invention within. The musical growth of this band cannot even be charted. They are treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry."

"That's just nitpicking, isn't it?"

17. MALICE_MIZER

Jan 10, 2003
    "In ancient times, hundreds of years before the dawn of history, there lived an ancient race of people... the Druids. No one knows who they were, or where they came from, or what they were doing..."

18. MALICE_MIZER

Jan 10, 2003
    "The spice must flow."

19. MALICE_MIZER

Jan 10, 2003
    "A beginning is a very delicate time. Know then, that is is the year 10191. The known universe is ruled by the Padishah Emperor Shaddam the Fourth, my father. In this time, the most precious substance in the universe is the spice Melange. The spice extends life. The spice expands consciousness. The spice is vital to space travel. The Spacing Guild and its navigators, who the spice has mutated over 4000 years, use the orange spice gas, which gives them the ability to fold space. That is, travel to any part of the universe without moving. Oh, yes. I forgot to tell you. The spice exists on only one planet in the entire universe. A desolate, dry planet with vast deserts. Hidden away within the rocks of these deserts are a people known as the Fremen, who have long held a prophecy that a man would come, a messiah, who would lead them to true freedom. The planet is Arrakis, also known as Dune."

20. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    :eek:

"Tell him to comb the desert. Do you hear me? Comb the desert."

21. Enforcer_Draconus

Enforcer_Draconus Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 19, 2004
    "Viddy Well Little Brother"

22. MALICE_MIZER

Jan 10, 2003
    "Way out west there was this fella I wanna tell ya about. Goes by the name of Jeff Lebowski. At least that was the handle his loving parents gave him, but he never had much use for it himself. See, this Lebowski, he called himself "The Dude". Now, "Dude" - there's a name no man would self-apply where I come from. But then there was a lot about the Dude that didn't make a whole lot of sense. And a lot about where he lived, likewise. But then again, maybe that's why I found the place so darned interestin'. See, they call Los Angeles the "City Of Angels"; but I didn't find it to be that, exactly. But I'll allow it as there are some nice folks there. 'Course I ain't never been to London, and I ain't never seen France. And I ain't never seen no queen in her damned undies, so the feller says. But I'll tell you what - after seeing Los Angeles, and this here story I'm about to unfold, well, I guess I seen somethin' every bit as stupefyin' as you'd seen in any of them other places. And in English, too. So I can die with a smile on my face, without feelin' like the good Lord gypped me. Now this here story I'm about to unfold took place in the early '90s - just about the time of our conflict with Sad'm and the I-raqis. I only mention it because sometimes there's a man... I won't say a hero, 'cause, what's a hero? Sometimes, there's a man. And I'm talkin' about the Dude here - the Dude from Los Angeles. Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's the Dude. The Dude, from Los Angeles. And even if he's a lazy man - and the Dude was most certainly that. Quite possibly the laziest in all of Los Angeles County, which would place him high in the runnin' for laziest worldwide. Sometimes there's a man, sometimes, there's a man. Well, I lost my train of thought here. But... aw, hell. I've done introduced it enough."

I could do this all day.

23. MALICE_MIZER

Jan 10, 2003
    "Let me explain something to you. Um, I am not "Mr. Lebowski". You're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing..."

24. MALICE_MIZER

Jan 10, 2003
    "The first rule of Fight Club is - you do not talk about Fight Club. The second rule of Fight Club is - you DO NOT talk about Fight Club. Third rule of Fight Club, someone yells Stop!, goes limp, taps out, the fight is over. Fourth rule, only two guys to a fight. Fifth rule, one fight at a time, fellas. Sixth rule, no shirt, no shoes. Seventh rule, fights will go on as long as they have to. And the eighth and final rule, if this is your first night at Fight Club, you have to fight."

25. the_black_smudge

May 24, 2004
    "I knew it I'm surrounded by a**holes"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.