main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Memph, TN Cook-out/Meeting - September 8 at 2:00 in Aycock Park, Millington

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Chewbracca, Aug 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chewbracca

Chewbracca Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 21, 2002
    The cook out will be a Aycock park in Millington since it's pretty easy to find. If you need directions, just e-mail me.
    I'll bring my charcoal grill and some charcoal. I'll also bring some chips.

2. Steja_Palex

Steja_Palex Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    Sounds great, Chewie. What do I need to bring? I'm usually the soft drink/beverage person...just let me know.

3. Chewbracca

Jun 21, 2002
    Hey, I guess we'll put you down for drinks! I guess some ice and soft drinks. I only have one request - Dr Pepper! :D

4. Steja_Palex

Aug 18, 2001
    I think I can handle the Dr. Pepper. The radio station I work at is owned by Dr. Pepper/Pepsi. So, everyone...the date and time has been set...we need you to post here and let us know who can come or who can't. So far, looks like it's just you and me Chewie.

5. Smokem_Alien

Smokem_Alien Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 2, 2002
    I'll be there. I can bring hotdogs and paper plates if you want. I'll also see if I can't bring a friend or two with me. Hey Chewbracca I'm going to be emailing you for directions cause I don't think I know the way.

6. Steja_Palex

Aug 18, 2001
    Cool Smokem...my wife will probably come with me as well.

7. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    Jedi Trace and I will try to drop by. We'll be the old people with the two children.

Oh, and thanks for the PM, Steeja. Haven't seen you around since Starbucks. Drop back in sometime. We could use another warm body there. That goes for the rest of you, too.

8. Steja_Palex

Aug 18, 2001
    Old?! Qui-Gon-Tim...I'm 30 myself and I definitely DO NOT consider myself old.

9. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Forgive me, Steja. Trace and I are used to being nearly a decade older than the average JC member. I'm sure you know the feeling, too.

OK, and what should we bring to the picnic and what is the contingency plan in case of rain?

10. Steja_Palex

Aug 18, 2001
    You know, rain has never entered my mind as a possibility. You guys certainly know that area better than I. So, whatever "Rain Plan" you guys come up with is okay with me.
    Qui-Gon...no offense taken with the age thing. And by the way...I was looking for the Starbucks thread the other day and couldn't find it. Guess I didn't look hard enough.

11. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Any ideas on a rain plan, y'all? Considering the lovely weather we've had lately, it wouldn't be a bad idea to decide on a secondary meeting place. What sucks most is that there are very few Millington restaurants that are open on Sunday. Lemme rephrase that: There are very few good Millington restaurants that are open on Sunday.

Steja: Here's the link: Starbucks

12. Chewbracca

Jun 21, 2002
    Hey Tim, maybe hotdogs or some hamburgers (the package with a bunch in there for a couple of bucks!). If not, then some cookies or somethin'.
    Glad you are coming!!!

13. Steja_Palex

Aug 18, 2001
    Yo man...COOKIES!!! I'm down with that!!! Chocolate chip and Oreos....my favorites...everybody make a note of that.

14. Smokem_Alien

Aug 2, 2002
    I say if it rains we go to Ryans. OR we could meet at the snack bar in Wal-mart, they got good eatings. :p

15. Chewbracca

Jun 21, 2002
    Hey, I vote for Ryan's in the event of a rainout. :)

16. Steja_Palex

Aug 18, 2001
    Would this Ryan's be in Millington or what?

17. Chewbracca

Jun 21, 2002
    Yeah, It's on Hwy 51. It's past Walmart on the right if you are coming from Dyersburg. Can't miss it! :)

18. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    How about Mazzio's? It's just down the street from Aycock Park. I've never really cared for Ryans. Too many bad experiences there.

Oh, and should we request that the name be changed to Millington Fan Force since the majority of us aren't from Memphis? Hehehehehe.

19. Chewbracca

Jun 21, 2002
    Hey, Mazzio's is cheaper. I think they have a buffet on Sunday's? Not sure. Hey, that would be cool.

20. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
  21. Steja_Palex

Aug 18, 2001
    Yeah, I saw that write-up yesterday...pretty cool, huh. So, this Mazzio's place...it soundza Italiano, eh?
    Would you guys mind if I talked about our upcoming "First Meeting" on my morning radio show...maybe out of a few listeners, some will be interested in our group.

22. Smokem_Alien

Aug 2, 2002
    Mazzio's Pizza is very good. Thats fine with me if thats where you guys want to meet in case of rain. Steja I say deffinetly put it on the radio. The more the merrier. BTW what radio station do you work for?

23. Steja_Palex

Aug 18, 2001
    I work for SL100 (100.1) in Dyersburg. I don't think we get into Millington too good. That's probably where we start fading out. I know we get into Covington...we do live broadcasts from King Cotton Motors...as a matter of fact...we're gonna be there Sept. 14th from 12noon til 3pm. So you guys come out and see us!!

24. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    Hey gang! I'm just dropping in to see how things are going. By the look of everyone's posts, things seem to be going well. :)

Oh, by the way, I posted that write-up for y'all. Thanks to Chewbracca and Steja for getting that information to me.

As always, if anyone has any questions, let me know. :D

25. Chewbracca

Jun 21, 2002
    Cool! On the radio! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.