main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Coruscant: How do you think it looks so far?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: CCG, TCG, and Boardgames' started by masterluke, Jul 5, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. masterluke

masterluke Jedi Youngling

Jul 5, 2001
    This topic is for disscusion of the new SW:CCG expansion Coruscant. What do you think of the new set so far?
    Facts:
    -It is a 180 card set.
    -It is going to be realesed on August 1, 2001.
    -It will have Jedi Council, Galactic Senate, and Sith members. (Mace Windu, Darth Maul, Palpatine, Queen Amidala, Dod Lott, Supreme Chancellor Valorum confirmed so far)
    -A new type of gameplay will be introduced called Politics. (What do you think of this)
    -Same as Tatooine there will be 9 Alternate Image cards of main characters.

So that is what Coruscant is all about. What do you think?

2. 4Q2

4Q2 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2001
    - 180 card set: Just the right size, IMO. 90 cards (Tatooine) just feels too small. But I get turned off by sets any larger than that (Special Edition has been a BEAR to try to collect).

- August 1st date: A little too soon after Tatooine, but I can live with that. :) Tatooine didn't put a big hurt on my wallet. Besides, I suspect Decipher needs to rush Coruscant and Theed out the door soon, before Ep II hits the theaters and makes Ep I passe.

- New main characters: Always a good thing. It will be interesting to see how the proliferation of Jedi Masters will be offset. Perhaps there will be more DS senators. After all, the Jedi Council does nothing without the approval of the Senate, and if Dark Side controls the Senate, that could effectively neutralize the Council members ... unless Decipher has something else in mind. :)
    And how will Decipher handle Palpatine/Sidious? Without giving anything away, that is?

- Politics: Nice, but how do you reverse engineer the older characters, like Leia, Mothma, et. al.? We'll have to wait and see, I guess.
    I love seeing new mechanics. I love Podracing. I loved Sabacc when it came out. Carbon Freezing, Holotables, I love 'em all. I'm definitely looking forward to politics.

- AI's: I like them a LOT better than Ultra-Rares. URs are a BAD IDEA and I hope we never see them again.

3. BigPoppaJabba

BigPoppaJabba Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 2001
    I like the idea and the look of the Senate Majority Rules. Once again Decipher has managed to add a new conhcept to the game. That's what I like about Star Wars compared to other games. There's so many different ideas and concepts that people like me who only play for fun are never bored because we can pick up these new rules and build new decks according to them. The senate idea is very well thought out.

BTW my wife and I have always liked the name Liana for a girl, so if we ever have a daughter, I can fulfil my secret ambition of naming my kids after Star Wars characters :D

4. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    I'm kinda of neutral about the cards right now. I'm gonna wait until I see most of the set, as well as the new rules, before I make any kind of final judgment.

5. masterluke

Jul 5, 2001
    New cards up! Including Qui-Gon, Yoda, and a Destroyer Droid. I have a feeling this set is gonna be one of the best ever.
    To answer my own questions:
    1. A 180 card set is just right. Not too small not to big.
    2.August 1 is pretty soon after Tatooine's realse but it is better than a long time from now (which is what decipher usually does)
    3. The new mains are going to awesome! I will use these for sure!
    4.One of the only things that I am unsure of is the new type of gameplay called "Politics" it may work out but it is too soon to tell
    5. AI cards are a much better idea than Ultra Rares, which were just impossible to get. AI cards are just rare enough that you feel extremly happy when you pull one, but are not extremly hard to get.
    So those are my thoughts. What do you think?

6. DarthJago

DarthJago Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 15, 2000
    Wow, those are some nice cards! This is definitly gonna be a good set. 180 cards is just right, and the release date is good too, cause I hate long waits.

7. Anonymous_Jedi

Anonymous_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 4, 2001
    Wow, them Destroyer droid's seem pretty good! Too bad their rare....

Great set so far, and politics seems like it might be as confusion/and as big of a concept that attrition is...VERY cool

8. Jedikynes

Jedikynes Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 15, 2001
    So what that the droidekas are rare! I'll be building a destroyer droid deck for sure in the future.

9. 4Q2

4Q2 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2001
    Actually, I'm a little disappointed by the Destroyer Droid. Only armor 3? Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon fought these droids to a "standstill" in Ep. I, but with an armor of only three a well-placed shot from Leia's Sporting Blaster could take them out! Guri and IG-88 have higher armor than that.

10. Gold4

Gold4 Jedi Youngling

Apr 6, 2001
    I am liking what I see so far! Politics is going to be cool, reminds me of the Babylon 5 CCG, in a good way. More depth is always a good thing and I can see this new mechanic making a major impact on the game.
    Destroyer Droids are going to be nasty! The Battle Droid icon is intriguing, I'm wodering if there will be an objective for the light side that will take out the "Control Ship" and render cards with this icon useless hunks of scrap? That would be cool!
    I agree with the viewpoint that AIs arte much better than URs. It makes for a rare subset to collect if you really want but does not hurt players in any way. Great compromise. I do collect the AIs and they make for a nifty (that's right I said nifty) page in my binder!
    Jedi council is cool too.

Gregg Keefer
    Gold 4

11. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    yeah, those Destroyer Droids are awesome...I think the armor is only 3 because it may be representing the droids without shields, which could be an additional card to use on it to inc rease it's defense value.

As for the battledroid icon, I think it may mean a droid that can force drain- you'll note in the gameplay text paragraph accompanying the "small" version of the destroyer droid that it mentions the Destroyers can force drain. A cool addition, maybe I can finally make a "Great Droid Rebellion" deck[face_batting]

The politics thing sounds interesting...looks like I'm gonna have to revise those Babylon 5-SW:CCG fan card images[face_batting]

12. masterluke

Jul 5, 2001
    New cards are up! Including Captian Panaka and Ki-Adi-Mundi. Mundi is an uncommon! What do you think of these new cards?

13. DarthJago

Nov 15, 2000
    They are pretty nice! Panaka and his blaster seem like quite a combo. Thats cool and shocking that Ki-Adi-Mundi is uncommon.

14. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I kinda figured they wouldn't make every Jedi council member a rare, that's what? 13 plus the new Qui-Gon and probably a new Obi-Wan? plus any AI's, eats up a good chunk of rares.
    Ki-Adi has a high deploy and no immunity to attrition...and he is/was a Jedi Knight only so it makes sense a little ...

"They're still coming through!" was kinda humorous- retarget fallen portal back at it's user! hehe!

15. Spud The Hutt

Spud The Hutt Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 30, 1999
    I'm lovin' it so far! It sounds like it will be everything that I wanted Tatooine to be. As of right now, my 3 favorites are the new Qui-Gon, Coruscant: Jedi Council and Destroyer Droids. And I'm quite happy that it is only taking them two months to come out with a new set.

Spud

16. masterluke

Jul 5, 2001
    4 new dark side cards are up, including 2 objectives that are uncommon. The political objective looks very interesting.-adds 2 two politics of leaders of ablity <4. Coruscant is looking very interesting...

17. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    I really love those new cards, especially since Ki-Adi and those Objectives aren't rare.

The Watto Objective looks quite interesting. Keeping Watto at the Junkyard should be pretty easy. Just watch out for weapons, but Gamall will keep Watto somewhat safe. I also like the "bluff" ability of the Objective. It's a very handy way to get out Maul, Vader or Palpatine, or just cause some Force loss. :) I'll definitely try that Objective out, especially since I have plenty of Wattos.

18. DarthJago

Nov 15, 2000
    Hmm, those are interesting cards. I especially like the Watto objective. I wish they would have posted some light side cards as well. Oh well.

19. Jedikynes

Jedikynes Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 15, 2001
    Guess we don't have to worry about Mothma and Organa now. the senate objective takes care of that.

20. Sifu

Sifu Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 18, 1999
    This is definitely the greatest expansion yet. And you know why? 2 words:
    Liana Merian!
    Wow. Makes Princess Leia's buns look tame.
    Just had a look at the Droidekas. I think restraining bolts will make a massive comeback with these guys n town.

21. DarthJago

Nov 15, 2000
    New cards are up! Including Amidala. And Gardulla. A tiny bit shocked that they came out with Gardulla. I really like the Chokk alien dude.

22. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Interesting note- the strat article for Amidala mentions there will be a couple Naboo sites in the Coruscant expansion. Neato::)

23. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Four new lightside cards are up-

Credits Will Do Fine, Plead My Case to the Senate/Sanity and Compassion, Speak With the Jedi Council, The Hyperdrive Generator's Gone/We'll Need a New One

Pretty interesting objective and Speak With.. is gonna be useful.

24. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    4 more new cards, including a new Maul, Maul Strikes, Sabé and a Naboo Fighter Pilot.

Maul is pretty good, but I think the Tatooine one is better. Love the picture (both regular and AI), though.

25. DarthJago

Nov 15, 2000
    I really like the new Maul, and the Maul Strikes. Especially the nice pics.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.