main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Edmonton Costumes for Next Halloween

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by BFett333, Nov 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BFett333

BFett333 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 22, 2003
    Well...if I've learned anything it's that you can never have enough time when you're making these kinds of costumes. So.....I thought I'd start this thread so we can talk about who would like what for next year to give Terry and I plenty'o'time to get organized.

I know I started thinking about Boba Fett seriously last year....buying stuff about 8 months before when I could find and afford...and actually working on it about 3 months prior...seriously anyway. And it wasn't enough time. So I'm starting right away this year and if it's done early I can start on something else. It will also give me time to do stuff for the rest of you, if the need be. So start putting your thinking caps on....I know a couple of you already have ideas that need to be discussed!

2. redeyekho

redeyekho Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 1, 2003
    Well... my Vader costume will definitely be ready by next Halloween. I am looking for a good seamstress to tailor my inner and outer cape. I'd be willing to pay. I have no idea on sewing at all *lol*. Once that is done... all I need is the belt boxes. Kevin is close to being done as all he needs is the COD piece and the Chest Box. So next year you'll have 2 Vaders walking around :cool:.

Would you have the time for that Angela?

3. fingthething

fingthething Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    :mad: I was going to make a Vader costume for next year!!! Besides, aren't you a little short for a storm trooper? Never mind Darth Vader! [face_devil] :p

But seriously, if you are going to go as Vader I'll think of something else. 3 Vaders would just look weird. Maybe I'll work on a good ROTJ Luke. It would be cheap and then we could fight ;)

4. redeyekho

Oct 1, 2003
    You can never have enough Vaders... just think... 1 Vader from each movie. It'd be a real head turner

5. redeyekho

Oct 1, 2003
    Dan I just sent you a pic on your hotmail account... what do you think?

6. fingthething

Nov 6, 2001
    [face_laugh] LOL!!! [face_laugh]

Thats the best picture ever!!! I've got to get that framed!

Good job Dave! I know how much that must of hurt to make being a StarTrek fan ;)

7. redeyekho

Oct 1, 2003
    Hee Hee... thought you might like it. I want to post that pic on this board but don't know how to do it. Doesn't bother me... as I'm a big fan of all Sci-Fi... well most of them.

8. fingthething

Nov 6, 2001
  9. redeyekho

Oct 1, 2003
    It worked... how'd you do that?

10. fingthething

Nov 6, 2001
    I was just messing around with geocities, a free web space site thats really easy to use. If you have a yahoo account then you get 15mb free web space :)

11. redeyekho

Oct 1, 2003
    Ah cool... I got a yahoo account as well... never really used it though

12. Rogue_Thunder

Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada star 6

Jan 7, 2003
    Didn't work for me. I have the crappiest luck today :mad:

13. BFett333

Jun 22, 2003
    I would love to do the Vader capes....or anything else really.....do you already have the suit? We'll talk, Dave....there's plenty of time but we'll need it to look for the right wool fabric. The way Henry's flowed was to die for!

14. BFett333

Jun 22, 2003
    Danny, make up your mind quick about what you want.....'cuz if it's Vader and you have nothing so far it's going to take the better part of the year to get together.

As for Kevin's cod piece....Henry built his so he can likely give us some pointers.

Anyone want to be something different? I mean I love Vader....but....variety is nice too.... :D

15. BFett333

Jun 22, 2003
    Wow....I was just checking out the Raider site....impressive, indeed! I totally forgot that they didn't have leg armour and stuff. And how the heck do you see?

Kevin are you able to do the red eye? I don't know how much about electronics you know about. I have a friend that did the little bit on my helmet but if you can do it, even better!

I think the first step will be to make it out of cardboard to get it fit properly and see if I can get a good likeness of it. Then we'll worry about the actual construction. I guess the helmet will be the kicker but the thing about it is that it has so many sharp lines....it actually SHOULD make it easier to do than an all rounded one. I'm all excited now!!

16. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    I want to do something different next halloween but I don't think my budget will allow for that. We'll see... If you have any ideas Ang then fire away.

17. BFett333

Jun 22, 2003
    See Berk....planning far ahead allows you to do most anything because you buy stuff for it in small doses as opposed to all at once. It makes it all a lot easier on the ole'pocket book.

We'll figure something out for you.....try to think about who your favorite characters are and go from there.

18. redeyekho

Oct 1, 2003
    Angela... the inner and outer cape has been made already... I just need it hemmed... if you can come over that will be great. Let me know if you can.

19. BFett333

Jun 22, 2003
    Hemming? Geesh..don't ask me to do something complicated.... :D

Yes, yes....no worries....it can be hemmed whenever. Have you got the shoulder armour already? I assume you do...but if not we can't do it until you have that....and the boots you're going to wear.

20. redeyekho

Oct 1, 2003
    Yes to all of your questions :)

21. redeyekho

Oct 1, 2003
    I got to admit... I wouldn't mind a Jedi costume.

22. BFett333

Jun 22, 2003
    Jedi....that would be Terry's domain for sure.....not that I couldn't, but she's made several all ready!

23. redeyekho

Oct 1, 2003
    Ok...will do

24. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    My favorite character has always been Yoda. I think I'm about 5' too tall for that though. There's always Zuckuss or Dengar... Bossk?

25. Tohrgan_Fex

Tohrgan_Fex Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 27, 2002
    I would love a Jedi costume also. I would want it a non-traditional color (like green--as it would go with my coloring).

We were talking about that half-cyborg Grand Admiral also. That would be interesting, but I think Jedi would be better for my first Star Wars costume.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.