main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Jersey Costuming Workshop

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by BellaSabrina, Aug 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BellaSabrina

BellaSabrina Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 13, 2002
    Okay. Here's the dilly.

Diane may not be able to make the workshop. But if my mom still is going to come and help out with her sewing machine, we'll still be working on costumes. Otherwise, our meeting will still be held that day.

Please stay tuned to this thread for details.

2. Ghosts_Of_Anakin

Ghosts_Of_Anakin Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    I'm gonna save all I can for this cuz I'm kinda sorta planning on going to Chicago if the Cubbies make the World Series....of course this is just tentative but it's something I'd LOVE to do. I should be able to scrounge enough for a tunic.

3. XenoSphere

XenoSphere Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 9, 2003
    lol. Chicago will not make it. This year it's gonna be Yanks or Red Sox Vs. Braves. ;) :)

4. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    Unfortunately, I don't have Jedi patterns if Diane doesn't make it.

5. XenoSphere

Sep 9, 2003
    I cancelled the boots order. I need some info on boots now.

6. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    Hey everyone,

Diane won't be attending the Costuming Workshop. She has to go down to Florida to tend to her mother.

My mom will be there to help out with sewing if need be. She's going to be working on mine with me, but she'll be glad to help out.

Oh boy....my mom meets Charlie. OH NO.

7. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    Okay....here's the dilly.

If you are working on a costume at the workshop....PLEASE GO SHOPPING BEFOREHAND for your own materials! We probably won't have a lot of time, plus I can't keep my mom hostage ALL day.

If this changes, Gary will post it here.

8. XenoSphere

Sep 9, 2003
    I've decided I'm going to wait a while(or 'till next halloween) to make my Obi Wan costume. My Anakin will do for now. I want to buy a Plo Koon mask before halloween. If anyone could help me out with actually ordering it online I'd be really happy. I'll pay you next time I see you. :)

9. buster726

buster726 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    That is a great costume you got there Mike. Especially since you put it together in like 2 weeks.

10. Ghosts_Of_Anakin

Jul 1, 2002
    GAH! Now I have to go shopping first?? Boooooooo! I think I'm gonna drag RJ with me since his costume is basically the same as mine.

11. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    Mike, make sure you contact ObiWill. He's the one to contact for what you may need. But we've already discussed this :)

Gary's armor is looking FABULOUS!

12. Ghosts_Of_Anakin

Jul 1, 2002
    We gotta get Gary into a Scoutmaster costume. Now that would be something else.

Go get 'em scoutssss!

13. XenoSphere

Sep 9, 2003
    Anyone wanna buy that little old Plo Koon mask for me? I'll pay you next time I see you! :)

14. DarthGyos

DarthGyos Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 23, 2001
    SUGGESTION:
    Anyone who is looking to make Jedi robes:

Goto the Fan Activities page of TFN
    Click on costuming and props
    If its not on the first page, goto the search bar on top and type in jedi robes and the links will come up. THere are like 1000 different forums on it. VERY easy to get info on everything from saber designs to fabric choices!!

PLEASE have as much knowledge and materials as you can before the actual day. THis will help keep my nice little apartment from becoming a zoo.

Thanx,
    ~DG~

15. buster726

buster726 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    Stupid question what time does this start?

16. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    The meeting is at 12, workshop can start at 1...I'm telling my mommy to be at the house by 1.

17. DarthGyos

DarthGyos Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 23, 2001
    Please arrive at the meeting BY NOON. If you can, get here at 11-11:30. I would like to have the fabric caravan leaving at noon. I am SURE the Rag Shop will be swarming with folks.

Preparation is key!

Mike. have no worries, we will help you with fabric selection. I would find the pattern and have it ready by Saturday.

~DG~

18. XenoSphere

Sep 9, 2003
    Eh, John's not coming. Ok then. Justin still is.

19. Ghosts_Of_Anakin

Jul 1, 2002
    I am SURE the Rag Shop will be swarming with folks.

Boy you weren't kidding huh. Stupid lines.

20. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Hey, everyone. I'm sorry I missed the costume workshop. I had a whole bunch of stuff to talk about, too. Perhaps, another costuming workshop sometime soon...

For those that didn't know, my Mom had been ill with lung cancer for about a year. She died on Tuesday, the 14th. That was why I wasn't at the meeting. The funeral was Friday and we drove back from Florida on Sat, the 18th.

I'll be at the meeting in Nov.

Diane

21. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    Diane, my deepest of sympathies are with you and your family at this time. If there is anything you need, please feel free to call Gary or myself.

You were surely missed at the workshop. My mom came with her 20+ year old Kenmore machine, and it burnt out while she was stitching Mike's robe. So she's going to use a sewing machine of an older woman she takes care of.

We can definitely plan another workshop sometime! And I'm very happy to hear you'll be at the November meeting! I'll have pictures of my finished costume to show you!!

22. Ghosts_Of_Anakin

Jul 1, 2002
    I'm so sorry to hear that Diane. Don't worry about missing the workshop. We understand completely.

23. Jedi_Satimber

Jedi_Satimber Jedi Knight star 8

Jul 3, 2002
    Diane, our deepest sympathies for you in your time of mourning.

So sorry to hear about your mother.

You know that we are here for you whenever you need us.

24. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Thanks, everyone for all your kind words. It was really hard....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.