main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Crazy Theory or could this have some truth in it?

Discussion in 'Archive: The Phantom Menace' started by Jedi_Learner, May 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clonetrooper1000

Clonetrooper1000 Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 24, 2003
    Yodaschum: "The Death Star was not re-used in ESB."

I never said it was. I said: "the sequels in the OT re-used EVERY SINGLE ONE of your examples."

That means that the two sequels, between them (ESB and ROTJ), reused all these elements. The point still stands no matter what sequel it was in anyway, and the point is that the OT sequels (particularly ROTJ) are guilty of the same things that you feel the PT is guilty of.

Yodaschum: "Exactly, and ROTJ is where things started to go wrong."

But that is exactly NOT what you were saying. You're criticisms were aimed at the prequels and not ROTJ, but now they are.

Don't you remember when you wrote "I mean that everything is re-cycled from the Originals. The prequels don't add anything new to Star Wars"

So you are now changing the argument of originality away from JUST the prequels and this was one of my major points. If the PT is guilty of not being 'fresh' (Which I think it very much is), then parts of the OT were just as guilty (mainly ROTJ).

Yodaschum: "whilst at the same time, the story and writing decreases in quality"

I don't know why you say that as if it is a fact. Don't you people realise that that opinion falls into a minotity. Most Star Wars fans would say that the writing was just what was needed for a Star Wars film.

Its reasonable to debate on facts (like 'was the death Star re-used'), but when you start with opinions you must realise that it falls into a minority. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.