main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Creche Masters

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Daphne, Jun 28, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daphne

Daphne Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 28, 2000
    I noticed some problems with the old thread. I don't know what happened to it in the move, but I decided to repost the story posts and continue the story right here. So.... pull up a seat and settle in for the next installment.

Happy Birthday to Mr. Snuggles
    (part 1)
    ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Daia carefully tucked the covers around the last of the initiates. It was such a peaceful feeling after a long day of caring for the young children.

Taking one last peek at the resident troublemaker, the young woman allowed herself a small smile. Sometimes, that boy makes me wish I'd become a knight or healer, but sometimes.... Well, maybe he'll grow up to behave and follow the code.

Knock.

Knock.

Knock.

Groggily opening her eyes, Daia caught the small hand before it could knock on her forhead one more time.

"Daa! Wakie! Birftay time!"

"Obi-Wan Kenobi. Don't you realize it's against the rules for you to leave your room without an adult?"

Looking at the cherubic face, Daia realized that perhaps that was the wrong approach for a two year old initiate.

Scanning throught a mental list of her charges, Daia couldn't think of a single birthday during this whole cycle. "Okay, Obi-Wan, whose birthday is it?"

"Mr. Snuggly has a birftay!"

Trying hard not to roll her eyes, Daia eyed the stuffed bantha the toddler clutched tightly. Patience is a Jedi virtue.

"What are we going to do for his birthday?"

Obi-Wan eyed the creche master with all the innocence, and all the determination, of a child, as she swung her legs out of bed.

"Birftay party for Mr. Snuggly."

Daia took him by the hand and lead him back to the creche with promises of a birthday party if only he would go back to sleep. The chrono on the wall told her it was still 3 standards before sunrise.

Obi-Wan looked up from his breakfast plate, just in time to see the small green Jedi enter the creche. He seemed to always be visiting the children. Daia sometimes wished all the masters could be as warm towards the initiates.

Before she could comment, however, she noticed a blur of white cloth and blond hair race past her and into the Council member with a cry of, "Matter Yody!"

The collision was unexpected, and the two went flying into one of the breakfast tables. Daia had to struggle to keep a straight face as she watched Obi-Wan sit up and turn to the Master, who now wore a bowl of porridge on his head, and invite him to Mr. Snuggles birthday party.

I think I've created a monster.

Happy Birthday to Mr. Snuggles
    (Part 2)
    ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Daia glanced around the room before the little monster, er... uh... darling, spotted her. "Daa! Birftay cake!"

Sharing a look with Master Yoda, Daia glanced around at the room populated with various Knights and Padawans, as well as most of the inititates. How on earth did I get talked into a party for a stuffed bantha?

Kneeling next to Obi-Wan, Daia cut the cake. He's even got the cooks wrapped around his little finger. May the Force have mercy on his future master.

Watching in amusement as the toddler passed around the cake, she stiffled a laugh as he tripped, scrapping his knee... and landing a slice of cake in the face of one of the guests.

As Daia recognized the frosting covered face, she wondered how on earth Obi-Wan managed to get Master Jinn HERE of all places. Belatedly remembering that Master Jinn had given him the creature in the first place, Daia sat back to watch as Obi-Wan looked up and asked, "Paay Matter Jinn?"

After the last of the casualties was tucked in bed and their upset stomachs healed, Daia swore no more bantha birthday parties.

Venturing out of the creche and into the healer's, she spyied her young charge cowering from Healer An-Paj and the needle in his hand.

"NO! Healer baaad! Shot baaad!"

That was typical. The fact that Master Jinn was sitting with him was not. After stepping forward to take charge of Obi-Wan, Daia thought to ask how he'd ended up here.

2. Daphne

Jun 28, 2000
    Male Bonding
    ::::::::::::
    (part 1)

The sound of crying called out to him.

Walking slowly towards the sound, he listened carefully, both with his ears and with the force. Rounding a corner, Qui-Gon spied the gray cloth of an initiates tunic nestled amongst the bushes.

Kneeling down, he sent a wave of peace in the direction of the small boy. Startled the child looked up into the face of the Jedi Master.

Raising a hand, he wiped at his eyes and sniffled softly before looking up. Even with an absence of 12 long standard months from the Temple, Qui-Gon couldn't fail to recognize the face. Leaner, older, and sadder, but definately Obi-Wan.

Easing the boy from the bushes, Qui-Gon silently guided him towards a shaded bench.

Settling his arm across Obi-Wan's small shoulders, Qui-Gon supressed a flicker of protectiveness in the back of his mind. You shouldn't feel like that. You're not his master.

Gently he turned to Obi-Wan and asked, "Would you like to talk to me, or should I fetch Daia?"

Sniffling again, Obi-Wan tried not to burst into tears again. "No, not her... but I... would you stay MMMaster JJJJinn?"

Male Bonding
    ::::::::::::
    (part 2)

"Of course I will stay Obi-Wan." Now why did you say that Jinn. You have business to do, and padawan to discipline, a mission to prepare for. There are creche masters for this type of thing.

Silencing the voice in this head, Qui-Gon turned his complete attention to the heartbroken initiate at his side.

"Would you like to tell me what happened?"

Sniffling again, Obi-Wan rubbed his eyes with the back of his hands before looking up at the craggy face above him.

"I just started classes and..." Tears sprang to his eyes anew.

What in the Force can be so painful about initiate classes? He can't be much past the first form...

Ignoring the fact that the arm around him belonged to a respected diplomat and Jedi master rather than one of his creche masters, Obi-Wan buried his face against the rough brown cloth of Qui-Gon's robes.

Once he had calmed down again, Obi-Wan spoke, the muffled voice filtering up from his buried face.

"I just can't do anything right. Bruck said they'd send me away if I don't learn something soon. They won't send me away will they?"

Without pause, Qui-Gon answered with the perfunctory response. "The Jedi send no one away. Some simply have other callings. Perhaps yours is to be a Healer or a farmer. There is no fault in that."

Obi-Wan sat bolt upright. "BUT I DON'T WANT TO BE A HEALER OR A FARMER! I WANT TO BE A JEDI KNIGHT!"

Fear dried his tears as he added, "I'm sorry to have bothered you Master Jinn." Without waiting for reply, Obi-Wan raced from the room.

Qui-Gon could not see the tears running down his face, nor did he see him slip from the Temple entirely.

Daia counted again. 21... 22... 23... 24... 24... Alright, who's missing?

"Alright children. Let's all find out partners."

The neat lines vanished as the small figures milled around grabbing hands and searching for their buddy.

"Daia."

Turning towards the sound of her name, the young caretaker spied a small girl standing aside from the crowd.

"Yes, Meri. What is it?"

"I don't have a partner."

"Who are you assigned to dear?"

"Obi-Wan."

Sith. Obi-Wan Kenobi, I should have known you'd be the one to disappear. Rubbing her temples, the young woman wondered if she could convince one of the master's to take him as a padawan and take him off of her hands. Surely 7 isn't too young...

Banishing the thought quickly, the reached down to take Meri Irhanah's hand and lead the children back to the creche. Leaving the aide's to tuck them in for their naps, Daia began a slow search of the isolated area of the Temple which contained the creche and playrooms.

Time disappeared from her consciousness as she continued to search. Evening meal came and went with no sign of him. Daia was forced to give up the hope that he was just tucked away some where. Notifiying the Council, she went back to the creche to tend the children while

3. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    Poor Obi! :(

Yes he is yours Qui-Gon, you just don't know it yet!

Please more Daphne.

4. Deborah

Deborah Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 24, 2000
    Poor baby. I hope he's OK. Get used to it Qui-Gon

5. Keyla_Kenobi

Keyla_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

May 24, 2000
    Poor Obi :( Qui kick that Xanatos out of your life and keep that cute little Obi!! :D Great story! Please keep posting!!! :cool:

6. Kelly Kenobi

Kelly Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    I hate to disagree with you Qui-Gon, but that is most certainly your job. Taking care of a child is everyones job, but where Obi is concerned you had better believe you gotta take care of it!!!!!

Little Obi is sooooo sweet!!!!!!

7. KSkywalker

KSkywalker Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 7, 1998
    Yikes!! This was on page 9!!!! Please Post more soon!!!

8. K'Tai qel Letta-Tanku

K'Tai qel Letta-Tanku Jedi Grand Master star 3

Apr 18, 2000
    More, more, more! I particularly like your imagery of Obi-Wan as a grey bundle in the street. Keep up the good work!

9. Ejedir2

Ejedir2 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2000
    MORE, MORE, MORE!!!!! I like this a lot:D

10. Daphne

Jun 28, 2000
    Qui-Gon knelt in the street next to the small gray bundle. "Obi-Wan."

Sniffle.

"Obi-Wan."

Sniffle.

"OBI-WAN!"

"W-w-what?"

"Would you, uh, like to talk about it?"

"No. Can I go home now?"

"Of course. I'll take you right back to the Temple." Qui-Gon rose gathering the boy up rather awkwardly in his arms.

"NO! Not the Temple. HOME!"

Qui-Gon stared puzzled at Obi-Wan for a moment before gathering himself together to answer. "The Temple is your home, Obi-Wan. Daia will be happy to see you back safely, and I'm sure your friends will too."

Two blue saucers peered up at him. "B-b-but I'm not good enough. You're going to send me a-away. I don't want to be a farmer. I want to be a Jedi." Any further discussion was cut short by the sobs racking Obi-Wan.

Qui-Gon sent a message to the Force to never curse him with a padawan *this* difficult. Drawing his robe around them both, the Jedi Master ignored the impassioned sobs, sniffles, and crys issued forth by his small charge.

//The sooner I can get him back, the better. Hopefully I can go back to dealing with my padawan and leave the sniffling children to the creche masters.//

Stepping off the transport in front of the Temple, Qui-Gon was greatful to have only a few feet to go. *Trust my luck to get stuck in a rainstorm.*

Sending thanks to the Force that at least the boy had fallen asleep on the transport, Qui-Gon tossed him over his shoulder, and trekked through the Temple, dripping water as he went.

Pausing in front of the creche he raised his hand to knock, only to have it caught mid swing by a young padawan. "I am sorry Master Jedi. No one is allowed to disturb the children after hours."

"But I am returning..."

"No excuses sir. Test driving padawans isn't an excuse for bringing them home late. He'll just have to stay with you."

As the door closed firmly on his response, Qui-Gon rolled his eyes. //Test driving? How could they think I want *him* as my padawan. I have nough trouble with the current one.//

Giving in to the inevitable, Qui-Gon left a trail of water all the way back to his quarters.

11. KSkywalker

KSkywalker Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 7, 1998
    Someone needs to set that man Straight!!!!! That little soul sleeping on his shoulder, is far more Jedi then that current Padawan!!!

12. Kelly Kenobi

Mar 23, 2000
    Jinn your attitude about Obi had better change and change quickly!!!!!!!!!!

That was a very sweet post, loved the line "test driving the Padawan". Please post more!!!!!!

13. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Very cool Daphne.

14. Keyla_Kenobi

Keyla_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

May 24, 2000
    Wow!! A post!! Poor lil' Obi!! Qui-Gon, if you don't take good care of that cute boy, you'll regret it!
    Keep posting this is really cool! ;)

15. Daphne

Jun 28, 2000
    Qui-Gon opened the door to the infirmary.

//Surely they'll let him stay.//

No sooner had the scent of cleaner and bacta hit his nose than the small boy was wide awake.

"NO! I don't want to go to the healers! NO NO NO!"

"Shhhhhh."

Qui-Gon was beginning to have second thoughts about unloading him on the healers. The evil looks most of the night staff was shooting him was more than enough reason to reconsider.

Trudging forward, the master tried to ignore the small fists pounding against his back, and the small feet kicking him. "Healer An-Paj, could you take a look at Obi-Wan."

Glancing up from his datapad, the blue-skinned healer, nodded. "Let's take him in. What did you say was the matter?"

"Well, nothing, but I thought..."

"Nothing? Master Jinn, did you forget to get him home in time?"

"Well, I didn't forget, it's just that..."

"No buts. Just because you're trying to trade Xanatos in on a newer model doesn't mean we'll keep him when YOU miss curfew."

Qui-Gon retreated as the healer shooed him out of the infirmary and shut the door behind him. Once there was no chance of staying *there* Obi-Wan quieted. Whimpering he whispered against the master's collar, "You don't even want me to spend the night? Nobody *wants* me."

"Now now, that's not true. We'll go right back to my quarters and tomorrow you can go back to the creche."

Qui-Gon rolled over only to feel himself fall.

//Sith!//

If only he'd left Obi-Wan on the couch. *But no, I had to be kind and unselfish and let him have *my* bed.* Grumbling, he heard the door open.

//Padawan.//

//Master? I uh, shouldn't you be in bed?//

//I could ask you the same thing. Be quiet, we have company.//

//Who?//

//Well, it's uh, Obi-Wan.//

//Obi-Wan?//

//The, uh, the street rat.//

//Really master, must you always take in such despicable creatures.//

Hauling himself back onto the couch, Qui-Gon waited until Xanatos had gone to bed before snatching a pillow and blanket and stretching out in the bathtub.

16. Kelly Kenobi

Mar 23, 2000
    Jinn, you sorely need to learn how to interact with children!!!!!! You take a little boy that is hurting so badly you try to pawn him off with the healers!!!!!!!!!!!

17. Daphne

Jun 28, 2000
    UP!

Anyone still reading? I know I was a bad girl and didn't post for a looooong time, but I'm back now, and writing as fast as my head and hands work.

Pul-leez read?

18. Deborah

Deborah Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 24, 2000
    Yes, yes, yes. I love how Qui-Gon isn't paying attention to "The Will of the Force". LOL!

Please post more!

19. Jedi Shali

Jedi Shali Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 28, 2000
    Post! Need entertainment to pass hours, I do...

20. Daphne

Jun 28, 2000
    Daia burst into tears at the sight of the small boy being ushered into the creche.

"Obi-Wan!" Wrapping her arms around him, she alternately thanked the Force he was back in one piece and told him to never, ever, EVER, wander off and scare her like that.

Ignored, Qui-Gon gratefully fled the room, the area, and if he could have, he would have left the planet. //If I never see *that* initiate again, it will be too soon.//

"So what was it like?"

"What?"

Meri crossed her arms across her chest and gave him the hardest stare the 8 year old could muster. "Being on the OUTSIDE of course. What was it like?"

Shrugging, Obi-Wan turned back to his datapad - Goldilocks and the 3 Jedi.

"Not that fun."

"What was he like?"

"Who?"

Meri quickly grabbed a piece of floor nearby before tugging on his ear. "Master Jinn. Do you think he'll take you as a padawan?"

Before he could answer, the children were called to dinner. Slipping away, Obi-Wan proceeded to bury himself in each and every task given him. //I will be a good Jedi.//

Qui-Gon opened the door in response to the incessant tapping. Cracking the door, he was surprised to find a small stuffed bantha sitting outside.

Dear Master Jinn,

Mr. Snuggly might misses you and I'm too old to play with him, but your a Master and can have whatever you want. Will you give him a home?

Qui-Gon would always wonder what Xanatos thought of the stuffed animal on his bed.

21. jodiwent

jodiwent Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    I know you've heard this over and over but...

THIS IS SOOOO CUTE!

22. Daphne

Jun 28, 2000
  23. Kaylla Norn

Kaylla Norn Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 2, 2000
    Hey, Daphine, no upping the story without content, and "UP!" isn't content.

Oh, well, since I'm here I might as well tell you I like the story, (Okay, I check it every day a couple times a day) and I just wish you would post more, with story content to your post.

24. Daphne

Jun 28, 2000
    I know "UP" isn't content, but I forget to bookmark and then I have to be able to find it when I'm ready to post...

THE FIELD TRIP
    ::::::::::::::

Daia groaned. //Alright, maybe this wasn't the *best* idea, but Yoda suggested it...//

Glancing over at Master Windu, she wondered if he realized how difficult it really was to control a gaggle of initiates. //I don't care if they are 11 year old Jedi. They should not be allowed to outnumber the adults.//

Behind his inscrutable expression, Mace really did know how hard it could be, but trying to tell that to Yoda was impossible at best. //That old troll decides they should tour the senate and then *hides*. Coward.//

Using his more controlled voice, he ordered the children to get with their buddies and line up. Suspiciously, he double checked. //Oh sithspit.// He wasn't sure which was worse. The fact the Obi-Wan and Meri were first in line, or the fact the Bruck Chun and some redhead were directly behind them.

Motioning for Daia to step closer, he whispered, "Don't worry. I already sent for reinforcements."

Wide eyed, the young master could only nod. //20 children versus us? How can we win with odds like *that*?//

Almost as if on cue, the door behind her swung open to revel the presence of Master Jinn and his padawan. Daia had to note that Obi-Wan looked as if he had been shrunk by the laundry droids the second he saw them. //At least it ought to keep him out of trouble.//

Suddenly a blur collided into Qui-Gon's back and he ended up sprawled on the floor. Picking himself up with all the dignity he could muster, he offered a hand to the newcomer. "Padawan Areiah. How nice of you to join us?"

Any response he could have offered was cut off.

"How nice of you to join us Alex. Now let's get this show on the road."

Daia rubbed her temples. //Yes, I can already feel the headache coming on.//

25. Kaylla Norn

Kaylla Norn Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 2, 2000
    Wow, I'm impressed. I no sooner complain then a fun new post appears. Cool.... (I know it was just luck, but hey, I can pretend.) Thanks Daphine, You really, made my day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.