main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Dagobah Swamp Foxes to be official Lucasfilm fan group liason for the IMAX premiere!

Discussion in 'Archive: Charleston, SC' started by motf-jan, Oct 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. motf-jan

motf-jan Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 25, 2001
    Hello all:
    Lucasfilm has ask our group to be the official fan liasons for the IMAX showing of ATOC. Details will follow in the next days, but basically we will be taking photos of the premiere for Star Wars.com and giving out an official item the premiere weekend.

This is a great honor and opportunity for our group.

If your planning on attending the movie anytime from midnight on Oct. 31st-the weekend. Please email me at tuono@prodigy.net.

Right now, I"m not sure what Lucasfilm or the IMAX will have planned for us, so I'd like a list of names, emails and times available to have for them when they ask.

Anyone is welcome to help on this and we may enlist the help of some of our sister fan force groups. If you know some fans who've been wanting to be part of our group, this is the time to chime in. However, they must be commited to showing up and working when needed!

Thanks,
    Janet

2. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    Congratulations! :D

The Hothlanta Rebels have also been chosen by LFL to be the fan group handling the AOTC premiere in Atlanta. I am very glad that two FF groups of the Southeast have been chosen for this. Hopefully, more will follow. :)

3. TNT1120X

TNT1120X Jedi Master star 1

Jan 4, 2002
    Wow!! I can't belive Lucasfilm asked us about this! I'll definitely be there on the premiere weekend. I wonder what the official item being given away is.

4. motf-jan

Feb 25, 2001
    Hi all,
    Just an update. Lucasfilm has contacted the IMAX and so have I so now I am awaiting instructions from them.

We have about 15 or so people confirmed on Oct. 31 and some on Nov 1. I talked to the IMAX today to reserve my spots and they said that the Midnight show was selling out fast so call and get tickets now!

We will be distributing Bantha Tracks 0 which will only be available during the Premiere weekend.

So get a costume-fast!
    Janet

5. Akela9

Akela9 Jedi Master

Jul 11, 2001
    Just FYI for everyone, I just checked with IMAX, and they will only be accepting passes such as the Neighborhood Pass if they don't sell out with regular ticket purchases first. I assume this also applies to the Big Ticket (though you might want to check on that if you have a Big Ticket).

So, I just bought my ticket!

6. motf-jan

Feb 25, 2001
    I have big ticket passes and they said these were acceptable. I can only use them for one showing however. All the rest I have to buy! But if we book 15 or more people at any of the next showings, we can get a group discount. I think it is $1 off the ticket price.

Janet

7. Darth_Yalc

Darth_Yalc Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 23, 2002
    I am in the Upstate. The Greenville group is having our first meeting on the 20 but if I could get some info from y'all I would like to come join you guys that weekend. PM me or e-mail at nomrahyalc@aol.com.
    Thanks
    Clay
    MTFBWY

8. jedicharlie57

jedicharlie57 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 18, 2002
    How long will the Chas. IMAX be showing Clones? I'm originally from Chas. and will be traveling there Thanksgiving... would love to see it AGAIN (and Mom thinks I'm coming for the turkey!)and meet a bunch of you guys.
    (I'm in Alabama now, with the SWSyndicate)

Besides, we need to keep the excitement up and see it many times anyway, so they'll see it was worth their while!

9. jedi scholar

jedi scholar Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 31, 1999
    JediCharlie,
    Our Imax will be showing AOTC from Nov 1st until Dec 24th, so you'll be in luck. We'll be happy to meet with you. Just let us know closer to your arrival time and we'll try to coordinate something. I know that I'll be up for yet another viewing even if my family threatens to disown me......

10. jedicharlie57

Sep 18, 2002
    Ahh, found the thread I originally posted in! I'll be in Chas. Nov. 24 or possibly 25th, and leaving day after Thanksgiving so I can do Toys For Tots functions during the holiday-shopping weekend.
    I will bring full Jedi costume/lightsaber and will love any excuse to dress up. Thanksgiving Day is traditionally a big movie attendance day, I'd love for SW to get a boost then... perhaps that evening when we're all full of turkey and relatives? If the next day is all that's possible, twist my arm, it's "only" an 8 hr. drive back to Bham.
    If there's any other fun things going on, I'd love to attend- DVD watching (the folks don't have one of those yet!), get-togethers, etc.
    Can't believe I lived there for 20 yrs and now that I'm gone I FIND y'all! MTFBWY!

11. motf-jan

Feb 25, 2001
    Hi Charlie,
    I've lived here for 25 years, then moved away for 10 and am now back.
    Unfortunately, our big event is the Saturday after Thanksgiving. But hey, I'm sure we are willing to meet up with you as the Friday evening we probably will be scoping out the place. Who am I kidding, I'll be shopping the Friday after! and eating with Family on Thursday like most folks.

But keep us posted, will figure something out.
    Janet

12. jedicharlie57

Sep 18, 2002
    Okay, no TFT set up in Bham for that weekend, so I'll stay through to Sunday and hang with you guys on Saturday. Oboy!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.