main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lightsabers & Blasters Darth Maul lightsaber

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by TaunTaunHerder, Oct 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TaunTaunHerder

TaunTaunHerder Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 26, 2007

I have a Darth Maul lightsaber.

It's only 1/2 of it, and when I turn it on, the blade lights
    up only about 1/3 of the way, then the light goes out and the sound just loops over and over.

It's from a garage sale and didn't cost very much.

Anyhoo.

Is there a way to fix it?

2. Evil-Henchman

Evil-Henchman Jedi Master star 4

Jul 17, 2004
    I'm guessing that the circuit board that runs the length of the blade is busted right about where the light stops. I suggest having your lightsaber converted to use one Luxeon LED in the hilt and have the blade replaced with a more spar worthy one (I don't know if removing the faulty blade circuit board will fix the sound issue though). Ultra Sabers or The Custom Saber Shop are good resources for this kind of thing.

3. naatkins

naatkins Jedi Youngling

Sep 10, 2008
    Replace the batteries.

FX sabers seem to be broken when the batteries are low, instead of just not turning on at all like a normal electronic they go all haywire.

4. NexusFox

NexusFox Jedi Youngling

Jan 14, 2009
    Get it converted to Luxeon, order a blade from Ultrasabers and a luxeon LED kit from some site, that sells them.

Do not get it from TCSS their equipment it faulty.
    Make sure to visit Sites like Plecterlabs and tutorials here and what comes up on google searches for tutorials how, it's not an overly complicated process and you will save allot of money if you DIY

Make sure to check Eandori's vids.

5. Evil-Henchman

Jul 17, 2004
    Out of curiosity, why do you think that TCSS equipment is faulty? I buy all of my electronics and polycarbonate blades from TCSS and have never had a problem with them yet.

6. NexusFox

NexusFox Jedi Youngling

Jan 14, 2009
    I just reciprocate slander rather than tolerate it is all,
    I can't buy anything from TCSS because Tim didn't do anything about the abuse directed at me on TCSS due to the fact he valued Luxeon elitism over acting over uncivil commentary,
    so i took matters into my own hands and dropped the hammer in the form of Tubgirl spam.
    The intent was to offend and shock those who didn't watch what they say and it worked.

He basically pulled a Hyperdyne-esque hissy fit of "i won't sell to you ever"
    So i'll just discredit him in return if it makes me feel better.

But i won't lie, Ultrasabers electronics are really good, and so is the Crystal Focus which Irvin Plecter makes,
    I talked to Irvin a few times, pretty nice guy.

But Just to refresh what this topic was about.
    I Urge the author to get a DIY Luxeon conversion kit, all he really needs to do by the sounds of it, is fresh batteries, and replace the damaged blade with an Ultrablade and Luxeon LED+Heatsink hooked to the MR board.
    and success.

Reason i recommend Ultrasabers is because their almost perfectly made, and the tip has a semi transparent reflective tip that lets light through and gives the blade an even lighting, plus you no longer have that annoying bulbing effect.

7. Evil-Henchman

Jul 17, 2004
    Ah.

Anywho, I agree that Ultra Sabers makes great conversion kits. As I have already stated, converting the Force FX lightsaber to use a Luxeon LED via a conversion kit may be the best way to go. However it may not fix the sound issue. You won't know until you try.

8. NexusFox

NexusFox Jedi Youngling

Jan 14, 2009
    He can allways invest in an ultrasound as a replacement maybe?

i really wish custom saber suppliers would bring out a ludder soundboard that has the same quality as MR or Hasbro Sabers just the basics, so at least theres some sound.

9. Do-Clo

Do-Clo Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 5, 2005
    I have bought parts fom TCSS for years and never had a problem. Spreading lies because you are mad at someone is very low in my opinion.

10. Sister_Sola

Sister_Sola Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2002
    Regarless, slander is illegal and obviously also against this forum's TOS. Be mindful.

End of discussion. Back to topic now or this thread will be locked.

11. Outer_Rim_Armory

Outer_Rim_Armory Jedi Youngling

Jan 21, 2009
    Hi there NexusFox,

While I appreciate the fact that you are touting Ultra sabers (Yes I work for them). Perhaps it would be advisable to understand that TCSS and Ultra Sabers actually do co-operate on quite a few things.

I do not wish to incur the ire of the Staff here, so I am going to keep this as friendly as possible, and end it here.

Enjoy.

12. Sister_Sola

Sister_Sola Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2002
    And that topic is "I have a lightsaber ... Is there a way to fix it?"

13. NexusFox

NexusFox Jedi Youngling

Jan 14, 2009
    S_S edit: removed off-topic remarks designed to inflame.

TaunTaunHerder my advice is to buy yourself a conversion kit.
    sell the gutted out LED blade on Ebay, someone who knows how to fix them will probably take it off your hands for a
    fair bit if they think it has some value in the right hands.

I Don't know what you can do about the soundboard if it's busted you can sell it but getting a new one would leave you with two expensive options Ultrasound or Crystal Focus.

their both top end soundboards but in a maul hilt.... is the Maul saber hilt made of high quality metal? being master replicas and all..
    It's just that the idea of paying to have a top notch soundboard in a cheap saber hilt is like installing ultra sound into a PVC stunt saber.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.