main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive DARTH SIDIOUS - Artwork Update 30-08-2006

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Jonathan_McEnroe, Nov 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello everyone, I thought I would update this thread with new art work that is on it's way, firstly starting with my new painting of Darth Sidious, created in Photoshop.

I thank each and every one of those who have commented on my work in the past, I truelly appreciate it.

DARTH SIDIOUS

[image=http://ic3.deviantart.com/fs11/i/2006/242/6/e/Darth_Sidious_by_Art_Noir.jpg]

Thanks again!

Jonathan :)

2. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    That is an absolutely beautiful painting.

Great job!

AG88

3. ShrunkenJedi

ShrunkenJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 26, 2003
    Yes, very nice work! Welcome to the forum! :D

4. That_Wascally_Droid

That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 29, 2001
    Oh wow! That's really good :)
    I like the tone and feel of it.
    *hates people who can paint for I cannot* :p

5. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    That is sooo amazing! Great job and control over the skintone. What an amazing likeness, yet it's still got that "painterly" quality to it - FANTASTIC!

6. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    A warm welcome to Fan Art, Jonathan, and I'll add my "Wow!! to all those already posted here: what a beautiful painting of Anakin! It's a gorgeous likeness, and I love the way you've handled the light here, with all the subtle shading and shadows. The eyes just leap out, they're so beautifully rendered, and I'll also agree with PadmeLeiaJaina about the wonderful "brushstrokey" look to it. A wonderful work, and we're so glad you shared it with us here--hoping very much to see more soon! And again--welcome!

FF

7. Ice_Ghost11

Ice_Ghost11 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 24, 2005
    I hate to sound like a broken record, but that is absolutely amazing! You are so very talented, keep up the good work and please post more. My eyes like to see beautiful things. :D

8. Corellian_Rogue

Corellian_Rogue Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 30, 2001
    Beautiful work Jonathon! :) Simply gorgeous work with your tones, especially in the skin and lips. Wonderful rough style to it too, I'm really quite fond of the style you've used here in my work too. Really great likeness here, they are a hard thing to do but you've achieved in wonderfully with great emotion there. And can I just say I love that background colour choice! Beautiful and very subtle, gorgeous mate! :D Bravo and hope to see some more of this work very soon!!!

9. WOW hey everyone!!

Thank you for the welcome into the community, I appreciate it VERY much :) God all of your comments are so uplifting, I appreciate them so very much!

This week I'll probably be working on Padme, Leia, The Emperor and might throw in good old Han too :D

I might also do Anakin as the burned Vader on Mustafar too :)

Thank you again everyone! I'll be in touch :)

Jonathan

10. academygrad88

Apr 6, 2004
    What about Luke?!?! Come on, you got to give a shot at drawing my favorite sexy farmboy. ;)

Nevermind me. If you look at my art thread you may notice I am a bit infatuated with a certain blue-eyed Jedi. :p

Great painting of Anakin. I like the addition of the lightsaber.

AG88

11. Heya!!

Hehe, thanks very much! Well, I have decided to do Luke and Leia together in the same picture :)

Thanks again!!

Jonathan

12. DarthKuk

DarthKuk Jedi Knight

Jul 20, 2005
    Awesome, just awesome.

13. Hey bud, thanks very much!

Thank you again everyone, it's been nice sharing my new picture with you, I'm working on Padme now, hopefully have her up in a few hours (make it 3 or 4 to be on the safe side hehehe) :D

Cheers everyone!

Jonathan

14. aurelia-acc

aurelia-acc Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 14, 2005
    Great painting Jonathan, I'm impatient tosee the one of Padme;)

15. Hey cheers aurelia-acc, much appreciated! :)

I have aded Padme to the first post now (where I shall add my my artwork additions :))

Thank you all!!

Jonathan :)

16. academygrad88

Apr 6, 2004
    That is a beautiful painting of Padme. I love her eyes. They are so realistic.

Great job!

AG88

17. Thank you very much, I appreciate that very much :)

Jonathan

18. That_Wascally_Droid

That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 29, 2001
    And it really doesn't hurt that it's my fav costume and overall look of Padme either (this was her look for the ruminations scene) :D

You really get a nice paint effect :) You'll have to reveal your technique somtime!

19. Eirate_rules

Eirate_rules Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2005
    WOW....

y-you paint really good

20. Hey everyone,

Finished Luke today and throught I'd share it with you :)

Jonathan

21. academygrad88

Apr 6, 2004
    Ohhhhhh.... I love Luke!!! He is so cute and sexy. [face_love] Your painting of him is great too.

;)

Wonderful rendering of my favorite farmboy. I really love your style of painting.

You said you are using PS? Does that have the same paint capabilities as Corel Painter?

If you are a student or teacher I know where you can get Corel Painter for about $89, just PM me if you are interested. I love that program.

Are you using a mouse or wacom tablet? I really need to get a wacom tablet. I hate using the mouse to paint.

Absolutely fabulous work. Bravo!=D=

AG88

22. MaraJade4S

MaraJade4S Jedi Master star 2

Feb 27, 2005
    Wow, this is really great work. I love your style. AG88 was right.
    And you really did a wonderful job on Luke [face_love] (on the others too, but Luke's my favourite character)
    I can't wait to see the others. have you ever considered doing a picture of Mara?

23. Heya!

Thank you both very much for your wonderful comments, it's very uplifting to have such positive feedback :)

I could do Mara at some point yes, why not :)

Jonathan

24. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    I just dropped into the forum to see what new things had been posted and WOW!! Luke's portrait is awesome!!! I very much like the monochromatic palette you used for this--it seems to be in keeping with the dim and dingy environment of Dagobah, which is where we find him here. And his expression is beautifully done--outstanding capture of emotion! I somehow managed to miss Padme's portrait as well--naughty Falcon! ;) She looks just beautiful (and that's one of my all-time favorite photos of Padme, too!), very apprehensive and tense--who wouldn't be in her postion? :p Just gorgeous use of color and texture--you really achieve a very brush-strokey effect with your program--these look like traditional media in so many ways!

=D==D=

FF

25. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Again, beautiful work on your pieces. I love Padme, I just did a drawing from the same picture and yours is better :( Oh well :p

I enjoy the Luke also, but unlike FalconFan I think it could use a little more amping of the colors, not much mind you, but I think a little more warmth in the picture would make it even more realistic looking.

Anywhoo - you're amazing, I can't wait to see who's next :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.