main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wash, DC DCSWCC Charity Pin

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by LeiaAsylum, May 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LeiaAsylum

LeiaAsylum Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 9, 2003
    Hi everybody,

I actually just recently joined the above-mentioned DC Star Wars Collectors Club, and it's a really fun group. As you may have seen on the main page of theforce.net, the club is selling a very limited edition pin for charity. Only 1000 will be made, and 995 sold (5 have to be sent to Lucasfilm as part of the licensing agreement). The pin is is about 2" high and is a nice, heavy metal, with 2 pins on the back. It shows Chewie climbing up the Washington Monument and swatting at TIE fighters ala King Kong. It's a really cool little collectible item, and the $$ goes to a good cause (the National Institute of Health's version of the Ronald McDonald House).

If anyone's interested, check out the info here on theforce.net or PM me. If you'd like to join the club, visit dcswcc.com. And if any of you are looking for specific items to fill a need in your collection, let me know, as these folks have *amazing* collections and are always selling cool stuff (I am forcing myself to bring very little cash to the meetings, so I am not too tempted!).

Anne

2. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    Has anyone recieved thier pin yet?

3. Darth_Minx

Darth_Minx Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 20, 2003
    I got mine. Beautiful. I hope you guys keep doing this because I want a collection :D

4. LeiaAsylum

Jul 9, 2003
    The pins are being shipped, so people should be getting them soon if they haven't arrived already. I am picking mine up at a social tomorrow (Sat.), but I know that other folks who ordered one that was shipped have already gotten them. D_Minx, I'm glad you got your pin and that you like it!

This group did a Yoda pin last year or the year before (long before my time), and that pin sold out. If you're interested, I can post on the DCSWCC boards to see if anyone has an extra they might want to sell. I wouldn't mind getting one either, in order to have a "full" collection :)

5. Cinnea

Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    Dang, are this year's still available? I forgot about them!

6. Darth_Minx

Darth_Minx Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 20, 2003
    No, I already have last year's. So my collection is complete for now. I'm just hoping to have more because I'm greedy :p

If they're not still available I grabbed two and would be willing to give one up for you Eugenia.

7. LeiaAsylum

Jul 9, 2003
    I think they are still available, I'll search for a link for you ...

I think if you go to dcswcc [dot] com (no www) there is a link that takes you to the store where you can buy one online. Let me know if it doesn't work!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.