main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Dear Skyryder...

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JediBith, Mar 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jiltedtoo

Jiltedtoo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    Wait a second!

SR is gay?!

Since when?

What happened?

2. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    Yeah! I thought we were e-married! :_|

3. Elensara

Elensara Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    Dear Skyryder,

I love the LAFF.

A fan,

starprincess

PS--Are you ever going to read Harry Potter?

4. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    Dear People off topic

No JT isn't gay, though I'm pretty sure I am. Yes JB we are emarried that's the greatness about it, though the stalking me at work is going to have to quit.

What are you talking about ES, I've read every HP book. And last night at the Village while watching Spider-Man they showed the OOTP trailer, the crowd went wild and it was pretty cool. I can't wait.

5. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    Dear Skyryder,

They showed the OotP trailer before your showing of Spiderman makes me sad that they did not do the same for mine. How can I get over having to see the trailer on the small screen?

Sincerely,

Envious though I shouldn't be because it's just silly but I can't help it

6. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Dear Envious
    Go see Spider-Man again at a different theater.

Please note that the above advice is biased due to the fact I work for the company.

By the Force
    Skyryder

7. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Dear Skyryder,

Hey, I support your company a lot. We have three Sony tvs at home as well as Sony DVD/VCR players. We should really buy stock in Sony (or Toyota). Is there any way I can get a return on my investment?

Poor but mostly happy with my stuff

8. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Dear Poor but Happy

I would be content with that. Who would want to be rich but unhappy?

By the Force
    Skyryder

9. Elensara

Apr 2, 2002
    Dear Skyryder,

Please excuse my addled memory--I must have been thinking of a certain racing enthusiast who has yet to read the wizarding books.

Cheers,

starprincess

10. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    May I take this one, SR?

Dear Starprincess,

I doubt any amount of prodding or poking will make that "certain racing enthusiast" finish any of the HP books. He started on HP and the Sorceror's Stone and could not get through it without falling asleep. We should just be happy he watches the movies with us. Maybe if we put a racing magazine cover on it he may be fooled into reading it.

By the Force (by proxy),

DH

11. Elensara

Apr 2, 2002
    To DH,
    Perhaps it would help to tell him about the racing brooms? (haha!) Though, they do lack motors, so it might not be sufficient...

-starprincess

12. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    An open letter to anyone who hasn't read the HP novels.

Yes, they are books for adolescents, at first, then you get caught up in the story of good and evil. They remind me of a certain movie we are all familiar with. A group of friends with special abilities who fight one big meanie.

If reading isn't your thing, lord knows it isn't mine, try listening to them on cd. I read along with most just because I love how the narrator, (I forget his name) has a different voice for each character (Keature is my favorite voice). Try listening on your commute to work. I did for HBP so technically I guess I didn't really read it either, but it helped pass the time.

By the Force
    Skyryder

13. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    (This is another thread that totally needed resurrecting!)

Dear Skyryder,

I am about to make a major career change, and while I'm excited, I'm a little nervous...Will I still have time to finish my costumes, go to Howls, post on the internet? I've already given up going to the beach, mountains, deserts, and all the museums to which I hold membership.

Signed,
    Worried About Time

14. MrZAP

MrZAP Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 2, 2007
    Daer Skyryder,
    I have a problem. I like three different girls! All of them are nice in different ways, and I have no idea how to choose. What does one do in this situation?

Gamorrean with Girl Problem

15. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Dear Worried

Don't be. Life changes are always hard because no one can know what the future holds. You just have to follow your heart and your dreams while being practical at the same time. Unlike the Dark Side of the Force the road you pick today doesn't always mean a one way street that will forever dominate your destiny. If after a while you decided that things aren't right you can always change them. Nothing ever stays wrong all that long.

By the Force
    Skyryder.

16. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Dear Green Pig like creature that drolls from the mouth,

We should all be so lucky as you. My first question though is this; do any of them like you back? I like Jake Gyllenhaal but that doesn't mean he likes me. (or even knows that I exist)

I would take a cold shower first then be reasonable. Date the one with the most money.

By the Force
    Skyryder

17. Rowe_Solo

Rowe_Solo Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 21, 2007
    I know that it is none of my business [face_whistling] but I think that Mr. Zap should choose the girl with the biggest heart as cheesy as it may sound. I mean lets take my perspective after all I am a woman. o_O

18. JediMia

JediMia Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 4, 2006
    Well said RS! I totally agree. MZ, if you date the girl with the most money - that's shallow. Pick the girl who is the smartest, but nice!
    Best,
    ~JM

19. Varekei

Varekei Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2005
    MZ,

You're still in High School, right? Play the field until you decide which one you like the best. (And then you better shut up about this because some of the older guys have complained about not having any special ladies at all. You're gonna make them very jealous, know what I mean?)(I'd put a winking or laughing face here, but I can't get them this morning.)

20. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    Bah, what are you MrZ, like 16 right? The law of averages says the relationship won't last. Date the girl with the most cash. Or the one you'll have the most fun with. Which will probably be the same person. Who cares about heart? You won't last through high school anyway.

How is that even possible?

21. AniPadmeLurker

AniPadmeLurker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2004

Although my cousins were high school sweethearts (married for 6 years now, met in 10th grade), I concur with CBM. Most won't last. Pick the girl you share common intrests with, one you'll have FUN with! Then again go ahead and listen to the people who probably had high school relationships, of which I know nothing of.[face_blush]

22. Varekei

Varekei Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2005
    CBM, how is what possible? The smiley faces are not always accessible on my work computer, just like the pictures that come through just fine for others. It's probably just my work computer, you know.

Oops, back on topic:

Dear Skyryder,

I am sad because so many of the pictures you & other LAFFers send don't come through on my work computer. I cannot access the smiley faces sometimes either.

23. Jundland_Jay

Jundland_Jay Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2003
    Your cousins are married? Surely not to each other? Did I mistakenly access teh West Virginia boards or something???? 8-}

24. MrZAP

MrZAP Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 2, 2007
    ...CBM, I'll be 18 in less than two months. -_-

Didn't expect this big a respons, but okay, I'll answer them one at a time. :p

RS and JM: I plan on doing that, but they all have pretty big hearts. They're all pretty smart too...>_>

VK2: I was considering playing the field, and that's probably what I'll do. However, my problem is I want a fairy tale relationship. One girl first time, happily ever after. I know it's not realistic and it probably won't work out that way, but hey, I can fantasize, right?[face_laugh]

CBM: I won't last through high school? Excuse me? I'm a senior now and I've already taken two college classes, and I'm taking two more...or did I misunderstand the question. Did he mean I wouldn't make it through high school, or the relationship wouldn't last that long? *shrugs*

APL: Yeah, I've never had a relationship in my life. I tend to be cautios about this sort of thing. As for the girls, I seem to have the most fun with whoever I'm with, so when I'm with them it's easy, when I'm not, I have no idea what to do.

As for me, I've asked one of them out since I wrote that last week, and I'm still waiting for an answer. Another one probably likes me but is too busy for a relationship right now. The third I'd have to wait for anyways. She's going out with someone (who I unfortunately approve of...never introduce a friend to a crush. >_<) but she knows how I feel and would be willing to go out with me if they ever broke up.

25. AniPadmeLurker

AniPadmeLurker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2004
    :rolleyes:
    Cheesed.

And I'm not sure when SR will actually get to answer these...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.