main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

December book meeting

Discussion in 'Archive: Lubbock, TX' started by TI1420, Nov 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TI1420

TI1420 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 5, 2002
    Hey gang, the Star Wars book discussion group is scheduled to meet in two days (December 1st) at the Godeke library at 7pm.
    This month's book is actually two; volumes 1 & 2 of the Dark Horse Comics "Clone Wars", both available at the library.

Since I know there are a couple folks who probably won't be able to make it, and we are due to pick books for future meetings, post your book ideas here.

Let's talk holiday party, too- I'd like to get together and visit, maybe play some Star Wars minis or Battlefront games or something as a group. Any ideas and suggestions will be welcome.

2. --Darth-Snow-Storm--

--Darth-Snow-Storm-- Jedi Youngling

Jul 8, 2004
    I am looking foward to the next book discussion and hope that I will be able to make it. I dont know about the rest but some of my favorite books that I like to discusse are approching storm, any one from the han solo trilogy, i;jedi, hand of thrawn or tales of the jedi redemation just to name a few. We could play some board games or if able to get a few tvs with each system and have like a video game party. Wht would be cool if we can all go see ep 3 together and then have a discussion of our reaction towards the film.

Snow

3. dinochick

dinochick Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 7, 2002
    I like that idea Snow (about watching E3 together). Are you still planning on taking a bus somewhere Ian to go see E3??

4. TI1420

Nov 5, 2002
    We are DEFINITELY going to have a big Episode III viewing party. Heck, we may start the line!! I am looking forward to seeing it with you guys.
    Of course, we'll need to be in costume.

I know a guy who works at Tinseltown and am talking with him about the opening events for this May. There is also some sort of nationally-organized bru-haha in the works that is going to be discussed at Celebration III.

I am not sure about the bus thing- a lot of folks have backed out of it. If it does happen, it will mean a drive to Dallas for us anyway to meet it. I am also looking into renting a van to take if there is interest. We can talk about that at the next meeting.

I hope to see you tomorrow night, otherwise we'll do more email planning for a holiday party.

5. dinochick

Jul 7, 2002
    Arrrr!!!! I just relized what I did! I totaly blanked on our meeting and I even had it written down!! I am sorry folks, gee I feel like an idiot. All of this end of semester crap has got my head so full I can't think, let alone remeber :(

Sorry....

6. TI1420

Nov 5, 2002
    We missed you there, but figured that the end-of-semester stuff had you occupied. We'll save your x-mas present for you anyway!

I'd like to do a holiday party, and I know JediMastered is out by the 18th. What is a good day for you all to get together?

7. dinochick

Jul 7, 2002
    Anytime after the 13th would be ok with me. I am not going antwhere over the Christmas break.

8. dinochick

Jul 7, 2002
    Well so much for that idea [face_whistling] [face_liarliar]. I am going up to Montana on the 4th now to speak with Jack Horner about possibly being a new PhD student for him. Some of you may have seen him on the Discovery channel before. He is a big-time paleontologist, so this is kind of a big deal for me. I am sorry that I will have to miss ANOTHER meeting :( Maybe I can catch up with some of you when I get back.
    Happy New Year!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.