main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Challenge Diary Challenge Thread 2012 Important annoucement please read and respond

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Diary_Challenge_Sock, Dec 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Hey. I feel compelled to post here. I completed my diary and I'm officially dropping out of the challenge. I hope to be back and see you all here in January!!!!!!!! Maybe you'll get your baby Luke mush in 2013.

Jade_eyes likes this.
  2. Volund Starfire

Volund Starfire Jedi Master star 1

Sep 5, 2012
    I have a strange question for the next challenge... what if we have a multi-tiered story that will run longer than a single year? Do you have to begin it on or about January 1st and end it on or about December 31st, or can it run longer?

3. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    You know... I wonder the same thing. There's a chance that one of my diaries may go that route.

4. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Yeah, can you continue the same diary for a second year and compete?

5. Volund Starfire

Volund Starfire Jedi Master star 1

Sep 5, 2012
    Is this thread/idea still alive?

6. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Most people are still posting their diary, so it may be going on still.

7. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I am so far behind on my diary (with nothing interesting happening in the intervening months) that I may skip those months and post the current stuff, and just put the backlogged stuff on Star Wars Fanon.

8. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    I got so much written I can post something every three days until the end of the year. :p I was having fun with the diary. I don't have many readers...so I may be the only one having fun.

9. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I'm having fun with it, too, that's why I want to skip my backlogged months and get to the new stuff!

10. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Someone has done a diary that continued past the end of the first year, and second if I remember correctly. I don't know if a continuing diary counts for the next year but there's nothing to stop you continuing it anyway. :)

11. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    If you skip ahead will your readers be able to understand what is going on? I have been reading your diary.

I know you can continue your story. I would like to know can you continue the same diary for the next year as long as you comply with the rules? Meaning you post all your entries you have written in 2012 in that same year and you start writing new entries in Jan 2013 for that year's challenge.

12. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    The same persons writing this year's diaries (all entries are written and will be posted in the coming weeks) will be writing them next year.

13. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Well, what I was thinking of doing was writing up another doctor's note to explain anything that had gone on in those intervening months, as well as putting a link to the entries on Star Wars Fanon. But, I may just buckle down and type up the rest and throw a bunch up in one go.

14. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Yeah, do a couple posts a week until you are caught up. Or combine two entries into one big post.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.