main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Digital Llama Radio #5

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Azeem, Feb 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Azeem

Azeem TFN Staff, Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 12, 1999
    Well, our FTP is down on the site so I can't update the site with the new pages. However, the file is on the download server so I'll give you a direct link to it.

http://download.theforce.net/theater/dlr/tfn5.mp3

2. Macho

Macho Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2001
    thanks AZEEM downloading now

3. CalQdeX

CalQdeX Jedi Master star 2

Mar 29, 2001
    I don?t think I have ever laughed so hard.
    I really felt like I was there laughing with you guys.

Ps: I thought ?They have to Natalie?s, o wait it?s the same person.? Even though no llamas made fun =-]

4. ewingsquadron

ewingsquadron Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 5, 2001
    Nice! Downloading. . .

5. ewingsquadron

ewingsquadron Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 5, 2001
    Best episode ever! Truly like a Talk Radio program. No direction, just conversation. I loved it! :D

6. EagleIFilms

EagleIFilms Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2001
    This was a great episode, from beginning to end.

While it didn't rival the funniness of the RPG skit from II, or the all-around greatness of IV, I still loved Episode V.

My favorite lines:

'APOLLOOOOOOOO CRRRREEEEED!

'Speaking of pairs--Natalie Portman'

'They're pathetic, they're pathetic, they're really really really pathetic-. PATHETIC!!!!'

'Now, now Chris is a nice man, and I like him very much, but I must say, this trailer is a piece of ****---ah, crap.'

'Justin: don't ever do that again.'

and the all-time truthism in this Episode:

'It wouldn't be Digital Llama Radio without making fun of Chris.'

I'm sorry to see you go, Justin, and I will sincerly miss the, um, beatbox, you bring to Digital Llama Radio.

As the one who many from DLR have started to call 'the 5th Llama', I say, good episode, and I can't wait for the next one!

7. Macho

Macho Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2001
    Well, I didn't get to finish listening to it last night :( but at the beginning I had the Hearts War trailer downloading, and when the lama radio started playing so did the trailer...it added something that I really liked...OT i know

8. Animaster

Animaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2001
    ROTFLMAO!!!!!

*in Comic-book guy voice:* Best episode ever!
    Seriously guys, that was awesome! I was laughing really really hard for the whole episode! I'm sorry to hear that a llama will have to leave, luckily only temporarily, but you will be missed! Great show, keep it up guys!!!

-AntaganisticAnimaster?©

9. Digital_LlamaCH

Digital_LlamaCH Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2001
    Thanks guys, this one really was surprisingly good, as we had little preperation time. You can hear me saying at the very beginning in response to an inquiry about how we were going to be able to do it, "We don't need anything to do the radio show." I was joking, but it took on more meaning. We had fun with this one, really. Check it out, everyone. (Jeff, the FTP site working again?)

-Chris

10. GWPGearWorx

GWPGearWorx Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 5, 2002
    Ok I just have to say that I have just heard about this radio show (yea living under a rock) and I must say I laughed my ass off non-stop. I mean you guys have my stupid sick sense of humor :) 10 out of 10 .... I can't wait for more.

11. Master_Comyn

Master_Comyn Jedi Master star 4

Nov 17, 2000
    "Ok I just have to say that I have just heard about this radio show (yea living under a rock)"

Funny, I thought the ones who listened were the ones who lived under rocks.....

12. ObiWanSpicoli

ObiWanSpicoli Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 9, 2001
    Yeah, definetly one of your best shows yet guys, but next time turn your computer sound down so I don't have to hear it when one of your AOL buddies leaves or signs on. At least I think that was from your computer and not mine.

D

13. DorkmanScott

DorkmanScott Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    For those who want to right-click save-as (like me):

Clickie.

M. Scott

14. NickLong

NickLong Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2000
    <<but next time turn your computer sound down so I don't have to hear it when one of your AOL buddies leaves or signs on. >>

yeah, I agree!

BTW, Chris, I think i'm one step closer to solving your problem. I did some research today.

one question though - the in/outputs of your mixer, are they XLR, Jack or Mini-Jack??

let me know...

anyway,

Nick "Shorty" Long

15. Digital_LlamaCH

Jan 30, 2001
    Our microphones use XLR inputs into the mixer board. We can also input with jacks, but the output has to be a minijack to go into my sound card on my computer.

-Chris

EDIT - Oh yeah - those IM sounds? This is embarassing, but when we're recording, the program we're using grabs the master sound on the computer and turns it into the file. This means that if IMs go off, you can hear it on the show. I had forgot to turn off AIM before recording. I think it happened once or twice in previous episodes. :)

16. DorkmanScott

Mar 26, 2001
    Great. Not only was I called out by name but I got to aurally witness my deadline moved up by a month. Get me that footage NOW! I've got some digital @$$ to kick.

M. Scott

17. DaftMaul

DaftMaul Former TFN Fan Films Staff star 5 VIP

Feb 18, 2001
    Hey Scott,

That was either a very clever play on words (considering you are talking about sabre glows), or you don't know how to spell orally. I'll go for the former. :)

18. Digital_LlamaCH

Jan 30, 2001
    Don't worry, Michael, we're going to be editing all day Saturday, hopefully then we'll have a couple CD's to send you.

A note to everyone, Digitalllama.com now has a fully functional store up, right now it only has 2 t-shirts, but it will be growing. Check it out!!!

(Special thanks to Scott Kurts from PvP for donating the code and graphics)

-Chris

19. DorkmanScott

Mar 26, 2001
    Daft:

Webster's Dictionary entry

Main Entry: au·ral
    Pronunciation: 'or-&l
    Function: adjective
    Etymology: Latin auris ear -- more at EAR
    Date: 1847
    : of or relating to the ear or to the sense of hearing
    - au·ral·ly /-&-lE/ adverb

Being that I was listening to the show and not saying it I thought this to be more appropriate.

Honestly man, you people invented the language. :p

I always thought it terrible how close those are, not necessarily spelling-wise but especially vocally. It can make things confusing. Damned homophones.

M. Scott

20. DuelingLlamas

DuelingLlamas Jedi Youngling

Sep 17, 2001
    God, I love English majors!

Way to go, Mike Scott!!

By the way, again, I'm sorry for the mirror shots, but the fight is SO COOL!!!!

Thanks to everyone who responded to the show. FYI, since Justin will be swimming in baby diapers, my wife, Becca, will be replacing him as the fourth Llama (and she's WAY cuter than Justin)! Until we laugh again!

The fight choreographer Llama.

21. DorkmanScott

Mar 26, 2001
    "By the way, again, I'm sorry for the mirror shots, but the fight is SO COOL!!!!"

Just make sure you have a change of pants on hand when you go to watch what I do with it. :D

M. Scott

22. Master_Comyn

Master_Comyn Jedi Master star 4

Nov 17, 2000
    Dude! You got a fight choreographer! You gotta get him on the next show. I'll be sending in a few ATP questions concerning him.

23. DuelingLlamas

DuelingLlamas Jedi Youngling

Sep 17, 2001
    Dear sir,

Abe (Me) IS the fight choreographer. ::ahem::

I have been since the beginning of this project. Isn't the show just that much cooler now? Go back and listen to all of our original shows, with the knowledge that yes, there IS a fight choreographer on the show.

Wow.... in fact, send us 49.95 and we will mail you a CD with all of the shows so you can bask in the glory of fight choreography-goodness. MMMMMMM..... combat.

-Abe, the fight choreographer Llama (always has been, always will be, often imitated, never duplicated)

24. DaftMaul

DaftMaul Former TFN Fan Films Staff star 5 VIP

Feb 18, 2001
    Hey Dorkman,

You are correct. I am therefore not :) Humble Pie anyone?

25. Anonymous_Jedi

Anonymous_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 4, 2001
    Oooo a woman on the show, this outta be interesting ;)

So Abe finally registered, cool :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.