main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Do both trilogies match up?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Wicket_I_Love_You, May 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wicket_I_Love_You

Wicket_I_Love_You Jedi Youngling star 1

May 26, 2005
  2. Tokio_Drifter

Tokio_Drifter Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 24, 2003
    Yes IMO.

What do you think? :)

3. Avon-Guido

Avon-Guido Jedi Youngling star 1

May 28, 2005
    IMO TPM is a bit pointless it could of had a little more in it, but then again it was an introductory episode similar to how ANH is.. I think ROTS bridged excellent into ANH and didn't leave anything not explained..

4. Sn4tcH

Sn4tcH Jedi Master star 4

Oct 22, 2004
    My personal feelings are now that the saga is complete, all movies sync up generally well, except that ANH needs to gel a little but more with ROTS. Which sounds weird, I know. But ANH has always felt out of sync with the OT, and now that it's all over, it feels out of sync with the PT too. Meh, that's just my feelings though, they matter very little.

5. Avon-Guido

Avon-Guido Jedi Youngling star 1

May 28, 2005
    i agree with you, i forgot to add that part into my comment.. i think TPM and ANH need more detail and dont feel properly in place with the rest of the saga.

6. Lord_Of_Sith

Lord_Of_Sith Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 28, 2005
    Not really. But it leaves room in the imagination to create explanations.

Look, the ultimate excersise in this sort of thing is Tolkien's Lord of the Rings novel - maybe Wagner's "Ring" comes close. Even LOTR's isn't perfect - there are things that don't macth up with the Hobbit & the Silmarillion.

So I take it w/ a grain of salt. SW rules, that's all I know :)

7. Wicket_I_Love_You

Wicket_I_Love_You Jedi Youngling star 1

May 26, 2005
    One thing that I think would've helped to match up was to not use COMPLETELY different types of ship in TPM and make them similar to the OT ships. Then at least there would'net have been huge gaps in space ship technology and then all of the ships stay the same in the OT.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.