main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Do you agree or disagree with the Midichlorian concept?

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by The Gatherer, Jun 19, 2001.

?

Do you agree or disagree with the Midichlorian concept?

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. Agree

51.2%
  2. Disagree: The Force can't be quantified

48.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Duro_Blade

Duro_Blade Jedi Master star 3

Jan 4, 2002
    Mesa agree.

2. Jedi-Finney

Jedi-Finney Jedi Master star 4

Mar 22, 2001
    dude, its just a movie it isnt real!

3. wishnud

wishnud Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 21, 2001
    dude, its just a movie it isnt real!

isnt it? :)

4. That_Wascally_Droid

That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 29, 2001
    I set it to an even 50/50 :D
    But really they never bugged me. It's nature as they're living. If he wanted it to be scientific he would've made them microchips or microscopic droids or something.
    Not only do they not change the Force, but they add tons of weight to the whole two working as one theme.

5. bad radio

bad radio Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 26, 1999
    Midi-chlorians are cool. Since they?re based on mitochondria, they?re the one clue that hints that George Lucas is making the story of Star Wars into an allegory for the real world. Years from now, I think students will be studying Star Wars in the classroom, just like they study The Wizard of Oz to learn about the Populist movement of the late 1800?s.

6. Theerah

Theerah Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 13, 2002
    Religion and science are both created means of explaining that which cannot be explained. What difference does it make? Maybe they "exist" (in the SW universe), but I prefer personally to adhere to the more mystical view of the Force. But, that is a personal preference on my part. This is a science vs. religion debate. And what I am saying is that science and religion are essentially the same thing anyway, so don't sweat it.

7. flyingseal

flyingseal Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 20, 2002
    i agree with it, although i would have liked it rather more if it was left unexplaned
    but hey it's george lucas universe :D he can give any explenation for it he likes, how can i disagree with that? :)

8. Veng_Commando

Veng_Commando Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 26, 2001
    I EQUALIZED IT!

9. Nord

Nord Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 6, 2001
    I broke it! :p Mwahahahahaha! [face_devil]

10. Lukecash

Lukecash Jedi Master star 4

Jun 6, 2001
    This pole is terriably biased- "The Force can't be quantified?"

Duh! The FORCE ITSELF cannot be quantified. Midiclorians, which are NOT the force can be counted quite nicely :D

11. Lady_Jedi26

Lady_Jedi26 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 17, 2001
    i voted that i agree
    i saw where someone said without them there would be no jedi
    thats what i was thinking its just something you associate with jedi so therefore you feel they wouldnt be them without the midichlorians if they werent a big issue do you think it would have been mentioned in TPM?

12. LittleJedi

LittleJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 2001
    Agree. It's Lucas's story, so what he says, goes.

And it's been said before, but the midichlorians are not the Force itself, but rather something inbetween the Force and the Force-sensitives. The force is still the mystical energy field, but now we know why some can sense it and others cannot. It's cool.

-Little Jedi-
    MTFBWY

13. darth_boy

darth_boy Jedi Grand Master star 7

Apr 1, 2001
    i hate the concept personally, its too scientific like star trek, when i have always prefered the fantasy elements GL originally showed with the force theory

14. Lahne_Pryok

Lahne_Pryok Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2002
    Duh.

It was GL's idea, of course I agree!

15. Rogue_Starbuck

Rogue_Starbuck Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 2000
    I neither agree nor disagree with what GL decides to put into his own stories. The question is whether I like or dislike the Midichlorian concept - and for that answer I choose the latter. I preferred the mystical element without the scientific explanation. Watching TPM for the first time when the midichlorian issue was explained, I almost expected Qui Gon to say: "Beam me up, Obi Wan". [face_plain]

But this is just my personal opinion. ;)

R.

16. Kwenn

Kwenn Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 30, 2001
    Lucas said that he'd thought up the midi-chlorian concept when writing ANH, so therefore it was around in the 70's; and not just a tacky addition to try and change the saga or something.

I don't mind them. I don't see why it's such a big deal.

17. Jedi_Knight150

Jedi_Knight150 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 26, 2002
    I agree. It would help to explain some thing that people can do. For example, when a mother's child was in trouble, she was somehow able to gather enough strength to lift a full size car (not entirely, just tilt it) all on her own. In the Star Wars Universe, when a Jedi is in trouble, it can become easier for them to tap into the force.

18. PloKloon1138

PloKloon1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 5, 2001
    The Midichlorians are perfectly fine. GL knows what he's doing.

19. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    I agree with it, The two trilogies indicate clear differences in the view of the Force. It was clear that Obi-Wan in ANH shared a drastic view of the Force than his master Qui-Gon in TPM.

20. Niralle

Niralle Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 28, 2001
    Um, can't say I like it. Star Wars has always been a mythological tale to me. It has science, but that science is never really explained. It just...is, hence why things in their universe are thousands of years old. Midchlorians kinda screwed that up. I love that they have a way to measuring how strong someone can be in the Force, but the Force was much better as a more mysterical, spiritual realm. IMO

21. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Can't disagree with the Alzheimers-ridden Star Wars god. 8-}

22. goldbubbly

goldbubbly Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 5, 2002
    i thought it was a bunch of crockey when i heard it in tpm, still do.

23. Queen_of_the_Jedi

Queen_of_the_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 22, 2002
    I agree with the consept. It just seems natural.

24. Litesabre

Litesabre Jedi Master star 1

Jul 1, 2002
    I don't quite like the Midichlorian concept because I like to believe that the Force is a part of us. Not some other beings bring it to us.

25. Mrs_Kitty

Mrs_Kitty Jedi Knight star 5

May 23, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.