main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Abq do you believe in soul mates?

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by ObeyTheFist, Aug 12, 2005.

?

do you believe in soul mates?

Poll closed Aug 28, 2005.
  1. yes

17 vote(s)
    65.4%
  2. no

9 vote(s)
    34.6%
  3. not sure yet

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. obi_dave_kenobi

obi_dave_kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2004
    does it matter?

2. General_Kin

General_Kin Jedi Youngling

May 28, 2005
    of course it matters

3. EvilPrincess

EvilPrincess Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2005
    Just don't get arrested for stalking...how embarassing for the group would THAT be??

4. obi_dave_kenobi

Sep 10, 2004
    It would rock!

5. Shaak_Vi

Shaak_Vi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 14, 2005
    [face_laugh] LOL, yes I know that I was refering to him being your soul mate! Hence the "no hunting" comment, he'd more likely be trying to save the bunnies (just like the turtle in his tub) while you were trying aim. [face_laugh]

6. Shaak_Vi

Jul 14, 2005
    Let's all stalk somebody! I call Viggo Mortenson! Then all our fundraising proceeds and donations could go to bailing us out of jail! [face_devil] Who needs soul mates when we could be cell mates?

7. servent78

servent78 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 21, 2005

ok here's my input on this one, get ready! Yes i belive in "soul mates", but I dont believe you need to sell your soul to find it. Meaning be yourself and stop looking eventually it will happen.

I found my first soul mate 7 years ago but I let him go because I was too scared and felt I was not worthy of my best friend and lover. Now I live to regret. He is now married and has a beautiful son.

My second and ultimate "soul mate" came with a price. My life and friends. Everythign was grand while it was me and him living in the boonies, then get me on my turf and holy hell breaks loose.

I have now been alone for a year and I have dealt with it real good I might say. For I myself have come to the conclusion that I am a big woman with 2 boys and bad hair and teeth. And all men want is a trophy by their side, who will cheat on them in a heartbeat. But yet they are the greatest thing in the world. But dont fret, I am learning not to hate myself for what I am or what I look like, for it is me and if you dont like it then dont talk to me.

But yes Love at first sight and soul mates do truly exist, btu dont go looking for it, everything and I mean everything happens for a reason. Whether its bad or good, we will all learn something from it.

8. propgeek1701

propgeek1701 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    Rock on sister, rock on! You got the right attitude.

9. Bloodclaw65

Bloodclaw65 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2004
    You go girl =D=

10. Andromeda13

Andromeda13 Jedi Youngling star 4

May 31, 2005
    That is a sad statement on our society. I don't know why we value looks above what is on the inside of a person. I'd rather be "perfect" on the inside than "perfect" on the outside, although I'm definately neither!

11. black_8ight

black_8ight Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 3, 2004
    Dave you complete me.

12. ObeyTheFist

ObeyTheFist Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2004
    perfect people are boring... i prefer the imperfectly perfect. if we were all meant to look and act the same and smell the same then that is the way we would of become over thousands of years. now we just make ourselves into these clones or each other because we want to be accepted. it has ALWAYS been that way... heck, look at Jane Austens books. A beautiful woman appears a certain way but yet in the end the truly beautiful person on the inside wins out.

sad thing - even the things we do to make ourselves unique has become standized. people dressing as punks who don't know anything about what punk stands for. Hi, I'm a punk like 90% of my school and who are the ramones the sex pistols? who are they...

being uncool is more fun... i am boring as anything and i love it - cause i get left alone to read my books.

13. EvilPrincess

Jun 23, 2005
    Yup. But people can be "perfect" (according to whose standard anyway) on the ouside...NO ONE is perfect on the inside. That's what makes us human. I think it's striving to be as beautiful (not perfect) as we can be on the INSIDE is what makes us good people. We don't always get it right, but that doesn't mean we have to stop trying.

14. propgeek1701

propgeek1701 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    Wow EP, you have hidden depths!

15. EvilPrincess

Jun 23, 2005
    and you thought i was JUST evil.... :oops:

16. obi_dave_kenobi

Sep 10, 2004
    Peter you had me after the first beer! [face_batting]

17. black_8ight

Oct 3, 2004
    [face_laugh] !!!
    You crack me up brother.

18. EvilPrincess

Jun 23, 2005
    you two are so beautiful together...it brings a tear to my eye. Oh no, wait...that's just some eye goop. Never mind.

19. Shaak_Vi

Jul 14, 2005
    Hey Peter! I like the new avatar, and you know I have to ask..."But, why is the rum gone?!?"

Edited to add: Never mind, I know you probably drank it all and didn't share. [face_shame_on_you]

20. black_8ight

Oct 3, 2004
    Mmm Rum [face_love]

21. StarLeia

StarLeia Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 15, 2005
    My soul mate consists of one battery...

22. EvilPrincess

Jun 23, 2005
    and i would've thought it'd be TWO

23. StarLeia

Jun 15, 2005
    haha!! Sometimes I do have two soul mates for the day!!

[face_dancing]

24. black_8ight

Oct 3, 2004
    Battery :confused:

25. StarLeia

Jun 15, 2005
    I do like my hair being pulled, but that's as far as it goes...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.