main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Do you still feel like playing SWCCG?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: CCG, TCG, and Boardgames' started by youngvader, Apr 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. youngvader

youngvader Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 21, 1999
    I had stopped for 5 months, playing mostly LOTR. I kept all my cards. This week-end, I was cleaning a bit a started looking at the Reflection III and Theed cards and I had the urge to start playing again.

There is still one tourney a month being run where I live. I might go check it out this month.

How about you guys? Do you miss the old game?

2. Ultima_1

Ultima_1 Jedi Knight star 5

May 16, 2001
    Yes, I do.

3. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I definately still feel like playing. I still play 3 to 6 games a week with Pinbustr and at my local comic shop we've got about 6 new players to the game in the last 3 weeks, so, ironically enough, the gaming environment here is actually about 4 times better than it was prior to the license changing hands[face_batting]

4. Elven_Jedi

Elven_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 23, 2002
    Any of you in Indy???? I would love to play but cant find any one els to play with.

5. Anonymous_Jedi

Anonymous_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 4, 2001
    Unfortunatley, there hasn't been a tourney around my area for a few years now, so I haven't had much ability to play other than with a couple of my friends. I do still like playing though, yes.

6. Artie-Deco

Artie-Deco Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 23, 2001
    Actually, since I used to spend most of my time on SW:CCG, I'm more interested now in Decipher's other Star Wars games: Young Jedi and Jedi Knights. (Oh, and the SW Smuggler: FBCG BigPoppaJabba and some of us are developing right here on TF.N! :) )

But I'm still interested in playing SW:CCG, too! I'm organizing a 3-in-1 Star Wars tournament down here in Houston, TX on April 20th. I'm going to run three tournaments simultaneously, SW:CCG, Young Jedi and Jedi Knights. Most of my regular SW:CCG players should show; I expect about 4-8 YJ players; but I would be surprised if I get ANY JK players, which would be a shame. I just don't know of anybody who plays the game.

If you know anyone in or around Houston, TX who might be interested, just send me a Private Message here.

7. Red84

Red84 SWCCG Content Mgr. (Card Games) star 4 VIP

Oct 20, 2000
    Elven Jedi... I can imagine you'll have as many players as you want come Celebration II weekend. Man, imagine the tournament we could run that weekend.. ;)

8. Masterlucas

Masterlucas Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 28, 2002
    I still love SWCCG and love playing, there haven't been any tourney here in Jersey lately, I'm hoping something will spring up around here sometime soon.

Until then I'll keep beating up on my wife, I really should let her win every now and then to make it fun for her, Naaaaahhhh!

9. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    >>there haven't been any tourney here in Jersey lately, I'm hoping something will spring up around here sometime soon. <<

I know there are monthly tournies at a place called New World Manga usually, i went to one in february, actually had surprisingly large turn out. I forget where it is exactly but if you check decipher's site it should have a listing.

10. RidingMyCarousel

RidingMyCarousel Jedi Master star 6

Feb 20, 2002
    I want to play but nobody in this area of NC even remembers SWCCG anymore...

11. pinbstr300

pinbstr300 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 6, 2001
    MasterLucas,

I know there are 2 in jersey this month...both in northern jersey...one is april 13 and the other is april 27. PM me if you're interested in going

12. youngvader

Jun 21, 1999
    It's cool that all you guys are in the same area. I am in the frozen toundra of Hoth. :p

13. Corran-Horn-Rogue9

Corran-Horn-Rogue9 Jedi Youngling

Feb 27, 2002
    until our local TD was hospitalized. It is going to be slow until he gets better.

14. BigPoppaJabba

BigPoppaJabba Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 2001
    until our local TD was hospitalized. It is going to be slow until he gets better.

That must have been some rules dispute!

:D

15. youngvader

Jun 21, 1999
    LOL

Our squadron member also have health problems. Is it that hard to be a TD? I was one for 2 years and I did not recall it being that hard ;)

16. Jedikynes

Jedikynes Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 15, 2001
    I havn't played in a while but I do still play the game. the last tourney we held here in w hartford was a episode 4 tourney and I came in 1st place in that tourney. but now the question begs. Can I do it again? I truely don't know.

17. youngvader

Jun 21, 1999
    I would really like for it to be more theme tourney. I love the Highlander type. Abusive strategy are out the window.

18. RidingMyCarousel

RidingMyCarousel Jedi Master star 6

Feb 20, 2002
    So the question is still to be answered... Do you still feel like playing SWCCG? :)

19. Jirin_Raman

Jirin_Raman Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2002
    Still going strong! In fact, we are gathering to play the CCG again tomorrow night!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.