main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

do you use music when you GM??

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: RPG & Miniatures' started by DarthArraKul, Aug 19, 2003.

?

do you use music when you GM??

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. only Star Wars soundtracks

32.2%
  2. any movie soundtrack

34.5%
  3. the radio

2.3%
  4. no

12.6%
  5. other

18.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthJahil

DarthJahil Jedi Youngling

Jun 19, 2005
    oops, that's "Last Battle", not "Lat Battle"

2. yoda4982

yoda4982 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    I use my ipod with the speaker set up, but i have it close so i can change the song to reflect the "scene" I also use some other songs from pop culture that i have change in my computer for the game but i think the music adds to the "movie like" effect i want to achive for the players.

3. DarthJahil

Jun 19, 2005
    The Hitman 2 soundtrack is also really good. Nice and dark.

4. Darth_Laudrup

Darth_Laudrup Jedi Master star 4

Jul 7, 2004
    We usualy play in a rpg club, where there is an excellent room for doing some Star Wars RPG. Behind the GM there is a stereo with both CD player and a record player.

I only use Star Wars music, but sadly enough I do not own the Epiaode I soundtrack.

5. Sgt Crowfield

Sgt Crowfield Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 27, 1999
    For a SW RPG session I usually play tracks from several soundtracks, depending on the situation:

6. Star Wars (movie and games soundtracks)
  7. 'Batman' (movies)
  8. 'Lexx' (series)
  9. 'MDK'(game)
  10. 'The Dig'(game)
  11. 'Missionforce: Cyberstorm'(game)

12. and several pieces of so-called 'classical' music, mainly Bruckner's 8th Symphony, music by Vaughn Williams and Holst.

13. Neo-Paladin

Neo-Paladin Jedi Master star 4

Dec 10, 2004
    Where do you find game soundtracks?

14. Sgt Crowfield

Sgt Crowfield Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 27, 1999
    Some game soundtracks can be found on the corresponding game CDs (X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter, MechWarrior 2, Quake 2 and Cyberstorm, for example). To play the soundtrack, just chuck the game CD into a regular music CD player. Others were released on - and sold as - separate music CDs: MDK, The Dig, Command & Conquer, Zelda: Ocarina of Time (The Hyrule Symphony), etc. etc.

15. Lord_Trandoshan

Lord_Trandoshan Jedi Youngling

Apr 20, 2005
    I love that song. :D

16. DarthJahil

Jun 19, 2005
    I need a theme for a savage Barbarian. He's kind of like Kratos, from God of War. Thanks.

17. dizfactor

dizfactor Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 12, 2002
    i know i pimped out this song earlier in the thread, but "Anvil of Crom" from the Conan the Barbarian soundtrack is really the best barbarian theme song ever.

i'm currently listening to tracks from Hanzo Steel, which is an album of remixes and mash-ups featuring RZA's soundtrack to Kill Bill. i'm thinking that either the remixes or the original soundtrack might come in handy for a less-traditional game soundtrack in the future.

i mean, come on, "Battle Without Honor or Humanity" has to be one of the best psych-up for an asswhooping songs ever.

18. DarthJahil

Jun 19, 2005
    I like both of them, but neither fit with my character. I think I might just use God of War. That has some totally kickass music.

19. Vangarian

Vangarian Jedi Master star 4

Mar 9, 2003
    I recently purchaced a copy of TROY. A good all around sound track. Sets the mood for playing.

20. AgnarMinatot

AgnarMinatot Jedi Youngling

Sep 1, 2005
    I pretty much have all my soundtrack music rolling in the background quietly until a certain moment comes that needs to be enhanced. Ofcourse the "Imperial March" is great for any Empire entry and any battle music works for the fight scenes. But I have got the most out of: the intro music to Conan, intro to excalibur (Carman Burana), Mars {from Holtz' Planets) and the Klingon battel from teh 1st Star Trek movie. I know the is last one is kinda a heresy but it works well for creepy/quick action scenes.

My players have always commented on how they like the music and I do plan my scene music a day in advance for BIG scenes.

21. Darth_adam

Darth_adam Jedi Youngling

Sep 2, 2005
    when I played we would use a dual of fates ringtone when ever we got to a big jedi fight or some thing like that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.