main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Niagara, ON Doctor Who

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by YoungJediNiagara, Apr 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    Miscounted!!!

Priceless.

2. Primrodo

Primrodo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Even Better...

"Don't drop the banana!"

3. Woofer

Aug 27, 2001
  4. Woofer

Aug 27, 2001
    For those that missed the start of the show, you have a second opportunity.

The first episode, "Rose", airs again this Sunday at 7:00 pm on CBC TV.

5. YoungJediNiagara

YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 23, 2001
    Daleks...hundreds, thousands, millions of Daleks!!!

The season finally of Dr. Who is going to be "fantastic".

I'm extreamly happy with how this first new season has turned out. I just hope the "new" Dr. next season can do as good of a job.

6. Primrodo

Jun 23, 2002
    I will miss Eccelston :(

Finale was god though!

7. Woofer

Aug 27, 2001
  8. YoungJediNiagara

Mar 23, 2001
    :D :) :( :_| ...season 27 is over.

I the season finally was "fantastic".
    The Daleks still rule after all these years. (only part that sucked...no Devros)

Season 28...
    Well at least Rose will be returning for a second season. She was a major part of what kept me watchin' ;). Not sure about the next new Doctor, didn't show much of his personality in the few seconds had at the end of last nights season ender.

From what I hear ther will be no Daleks next season either; I'm hoping we see the Cybermen though.

9. Yebbed-Crage

Yebbed-Crage Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 3, 2001
    Yeah, it's over!!! [face_dancing] No more taping!!!! =D= Yahoo!!!!

(Sorry Chris [:D] Still love me?? )

10. sw-starwarsfreakness

sw-starwarsfreakness Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2003

I think it's great that the next episode is going to be called "The Christmas Invasion". Oh Tack! Christmas er... I mean Holiday Specials worry me.

Any clue if Jack is still going to be on the show? I really did love his character and how he developed from a pompus american to a hero. Really stuck a cord for me.

But god, I'll miss Eccleston. He had such a chram to him, so clever. I even liked the big ears. And that kiss was steamy... I mean the one between him and Jack ;) ;) Nah, the kiss between him and Rose was so sweet. It was a nice touch of an ending. I think he was one of my favorites. Peter Davison is pretty high up there though (sorry, can't say Baker was though). Those older episodes are brilliant... well of all the ones I've seen. I can say that of all (I've seen) but parts of the first one. Unearthly Child. Oh gees, "Fire! We want Fire! No! No Fire! You make Fire! UGH Fire!!!". I was nearly in tears by the end of it. I mean, I know Doctor Who originaly started out as a Children's Televison series, but this was just silly. But I suppose being made by the Drama section of the BBC aposed to the Children's is part of the fault to that.

Did anyone else remmeber the actress that plays Rose from years ago as a teen pop singer from the UK? Around the same time as the Spice Girls... anyone??? (heh, I do. Billie to the Bee uhhuh that's ME!). I wasn't certain from the first episode that it was her, yet when I saw the credits I was shocked. All I remmembered was that she was a blondie. And her outfits! Oh gees, what a deal with PunkyFish that show has. Everything is Punky Fish in the later episodes... not that I mind. Just now I'm hunting for the same sweaters (I found on in green!)

And lastly, does anyone now where I can get Episode 12: Bad Wolf? I've tried nearly everything, and I guess I can't find a secure torrent to hand it over. I've been finding some fantastic quality episodes though, and they are playing great in my movie theatre bedroom system (projecter). But I miss one ruddy episode and it's the one I can't seem to get my hands on.

11. Sabia_Ronit

Sabia_Ronit Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 12, 2003
    I totally remember Billie. She is still producing music in the UK, I was just discussing that with a friend of mine the other day! When I went to India in 1999 the Indian MTV had a full hour of BillieTV and as that was one of the only English-speaking programs I watched that full hour of Billie almost every night that I was there. Hahaha! Okay, sorry. I just needed to get that out.

12. sw-starwarsfreakness

Jan 14, 2003

That's fantastic!! :p She's supposedly quite the blonde bombshell down there too, or at least was. My friend Alix from London said that she was once the 'Top-of-the-Pops', and still sometimes graces magazine covers: [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v60/ICAFreak/billie_daily%20pics/ministry01.jpg]

Oh man, now I want to listen to some classic Billie music

13. Woofer

Aug 27, 2001
    Don't worry about "Christmas" shows. Its a tradition in British TV and radio. Since a series runs anywhere from 4-12 episodes in length or so, popular shows will usually do a one off that airs in December.

The plot lines aren't holiday related all the time.

14. YoungJediNiagara

Mar 23, 2001
    Tessa, I have Bad Wolf still taped on VHS if that helps.

Oh and I don't like Jack. I was SOOOO happy when he was killed...only to have Rose bring him back :mad: .

15. Woofer

Aug 27, 2001
    I liked Jack. They left the opening for him to make a re-appearance anyways.

16. sw-starwarsfreakness

Jan 14, 2003
    Oh Jack was amazing. He's such a looker ;) ;) and very "modern" :D
    Don't worry about the VHS Chris, I finally found a nice copy of Bad Wolf, and WHAT a great episode. The De-Fabricator I think is what made it for me.

17. YoungJediNiagara

Mar 23, 2001
    I still hope that Jack ends up being like Turlough from the Peter Davison era. A fake, a pawn of the Black Guardian who wanted the Doctor dead.

At least that will justify my dislike of Jack ;).

18. sw-starwarsfreakness

Jan 14, 2003

Maybe he's just an advanced Cyberman Chris? Would that justify?

19. YoungJediNiagara

Mar 23, 2001
    Sarah Jane Returns to Doctor Who

The new season sees some familiar faces returning,...

The BBC have confirmed that Elisabeth Sladen will reprise her role as Sarah Jane Smith, long-running companion to Jon Pertwee and Tom Baker?s Doctors, in one episode of the new season. Sladen becomes the first former regular actor from the original series to reprise their role in the new series. It will be the first time since the 20th Anniversary special in 1983, The Five Doctors, that Sladen has appeared in Doctor Who.

20. Primrodo

Jun 23, 2002
    Do they often have previous companions show up?

21. Woofer

Aug 27, 2001
    "Fantastic"
    "I want... you to shut up"
    "Very Arthur Dent"

I actually cheered when he walked out of the T.A.R.D.I.S.

EDIT: How could I forget? "Yes. I know who you are"

22. AmberStarbright

AmberStarbright Jedi Grand Master star 7

Dec 20, 2002
    I am rather happy with how the program is looking for the second series and yes, many great lines in the Christmas Invasion :D

23. Chymaera

Chymaera Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 22, 2005
    I don't usually have much time for watching TV during the holiday week, but just by chance I caught the Dr Who Christmas Invasion. It was a lot of fun. I really liked the first season, and I'm looking forward to the second season.:)

Hmm... that Torchwood weapon's firing pattern seemed a bit familiar...;)

--Lynda

24. assetic

assetic Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 5, 2005

It's funny that Torchwood was a earth defense system. Earlier this year it was announced that Torchwood was actually going to be the new name of a series to come out from the BBC. It was going to be a series that would be a spin off from doctor who, focusing on Captain Jack. It was to appeal to an older crowd, and be more "sexy" then doctor who.

So while watching Doctor Who the Christmas Invasion I was completely floored to find out what it was in the show. I'm trying to see what the connection will be.

Oh, and I'm also wondering what the new "secert word" will be. Just like in Season One, having "bad wolf" be it, there will also be one in the second season. Supposedly it's been around since the first season as well.

Oh, and the second season will sadly be appearing late spring. Due to hockey being back, the CBC has had to pospone the series due to scheduling conflicts. So instead of getting our episodes a week after released in the UK, we have to wait a couple of month. I don't think that'll go down to well with fans. CBC's ratings may go down for the actual series, and the illigal downloading of the episodes will be sure to sky-rocket.

Also, not sure if any of you have heard, but while I was at Bad Wolf 1 earlier this year, they had a guest who spoke about the line of merchandice coming out in Canada for Doctor Who. It's been in the UK for a bit now, but by summertime we'll being seeing Doctor Who figures right next to Star Wars on the toy selves. I can't wait to see that.

25. AmberStarbright

AmberStarbright Jedi Grand Master star 7

Dec 20, 2002
    When is it coming out here because I heard it isn't even coming out until March in the UK, and that was only a rumour.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.