main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Does anyone think Darth Vader will *not* be in Episode VII?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by MiamiJedi, Jan 26, 2013.

1. janstett

janstett Jedi Master star 3

May 29, 2004
    People went berzerk because there was breathing at the very end of the TPM credits.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  2. janstett

May 29, 2004
    I know people like to bash JJ for the time travel schtick, but even he has limits. Originally he had planned to shoehorn original Kirk William Shatner in as a hologram old Spock gave to young Spock. Even he decided that was too awkward.

kainee and anakinfansince1983 like this.
  3. janstett

May 29, 2004
    Hmm, that sparked an interesting thought -- Sidious as a dark side avatar/spirit/muse for the new sith, Anakin finally becoming a true master and doing the same for Luke.

4. DARTH_DEEZY

DARTH_DEEZY Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 4, 2011
    I'll bet you my first born that there will be NO Darth Vader in Episode VII...quote me and message me in 2 years when the film is released

5. DARTH_DEEZY

DARTH_DEEZY Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 4, 2011
    my friend,

Vader's Armor was burned on Endor by luke...how can it ever be worn again?

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  6. jedimikey

jedimikey Jedi Padawan star 2

Oct 21, 2012
    Not.

No Vader, no Anakin. Neither in force ghost form, either.

I do think it's possible that an image might be used, simular to seeing Dooku's bust in the Jedi temple library. But that's it.

7. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Vader is dead, expired, he has ceased to exist. He is an ex-Vader.

8. aguywithabiggun

aguywithabiggun Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 1999
    Even after all this debate the answer is still "wtf would they do that for?" Its too ridiculous for even ol JJ

But as some have already pointed out, there will be a passing reference of some sort

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  9. Darth Ruian

Darth Ruian Jedi Youngling

Jan 21, 2013
    With all due respect, Darth Vader doesn't mean big black suit. Darth Vader was in almost half the movie.

kainee likes this.
  10. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    Always figured he had a whole closet of armors, like George Jetson.

I don't know. Where do we stand on capes: hang or fold?

kainee likes this.
  11. Darth kRud

Darth kRud Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    Maybe in some sort of flash back capacity, Luke teaching new young Jedi about the past type thing. I don't really see it happening. A spin off film separate from the new trilogy would be prime for a Vader story. I'd pay to see it.

12. Darth kRud

Darth kRud Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    Luke gets burned like his father by a new Sith or a Mandalorian flame thrower? Put him in a different but same type suit/mask. Who knows. I don't think that will happen.

13. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    There will be no Darth Vader per say the only possibility is Anakin Skywalker force ghost .

14. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    Judging by Abrams' comments about the Anakin/Vader arc, I don't see that as likely. Unless someone else is in charge of that decision.

15. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000
    I think that he won't be back for exactly the reasons the OP thinks he would. They invested FOUR BILLION DOLLARS into Star Wars. Bringing back Darth Vader, in any way, is going to be seen as a cheap move. Think the prequels were poorly received? Imagine a ST with Darth Vader. Bullet, meet foot.

16. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
  17. Darth EL Pollo Loco

Darth EL Pollo Loco Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 27, 2013
    I know speculation has begun on how Episode 7 will play out and if Vader will make an appearance.

Well, i think I found a way to solve for this issue..

I believe both Anakin and Vader will reprise their roles as Force Ghost.

How you say?

From Episode VI, we know Leia is force sensitive. I believe she will be a Jedi Council member.
    She will be a Jedi like her father. She will be able to see the spirit(s) of passed Jedis but instead of seeing her father as Anakin. She will see Vader.

I think your experience with a person that becomes one with the force is what you see and experience. Leia was not there to reconcile with her father. I believe she still harbors much hate and anger for what he did to the galaxy, her mother, her friends, aldeeraan, etc...

As with Luke, his last experience with his father was one of reconcilation, love, etc. At the end of ROTJ, Luke witness Anakin when he was in his unfallen state.

So, I believe the experience one has with Force Ghost is driven by their point of view.

so? whatcha think? Put me on the payroll?

kainee, Original Oatmeal and V-2 like this.
  18. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    It's not impossible that we might see his lightsaber, or costume, or an old holo-recording, or his image seen in GFFA culture somehow. We may see something similar to that shadow in AOTC. He'll definitely be mentioned, this is the Skywalker saga.

kainee likes this.
  19. Darth EL Pollo Loco

Jan 27, 2013
  20. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    Very Dune.

I actually quite like it.

21. run_luke_run

run_luke_run Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2004
    What you're suggesting is that the force ghost has no will of their own, and that, essentially, they really don't exist as a being or entity with any control. It sounds more like a visual hallucination than an actual force ghost, who from my perspective is that individual making contact through the force in the manner that they see fit.

How about an evil force ghost for once?

Original Oatmeal likes this.
  22. Darth EL Pollo Loco

Jan 27, 2013
    JJ abrams.. Don't be stealin my stufz

23. run_luke_run

run_luke_run Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2004
    From what I remember, the last time I saw his costume it was on fire.

24. Darth EL Pollo Loco

Jan 27, 2013

How about the fact that only certain individuals can see the Force ghost. Luke was the only one that could see Ben, anakin and Yoda.
    Luke did not see old, bad crispy Anakin. He saw young Anakin.

kainee likes this.
  25. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    Doesn't that mean that Vader learned how to become one with the Force before switching back to the Lightside? That doesn't sound too Sith like to me. I also sorta thought, assumed, or theorized that it was Ben and Yoda who somehow rescued Anakin from the netherworld.

Remember Vader had no clue what happened to Ben in ANH when he became one with the force. And that's the whole point...you have to let go, and give yourself up to it. That's definitely not something that Vader or any Sith would ever do. They were more concerned with living in this reality. They sucked the force clean to continue living. They had no connection with the afterlife and didn't care about it at all.

kainee likes this.