main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Does the Duel prove that Obi-Wan is better dueler than Anakin?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by HagentheSith, Jan 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rossa83

Rossa83 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2005
    REALLY? You are joking right? funny

2. sithrules70

sithrules70 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2005
    yoda cant beat anakin ???

[face_laugh] :_| [face_laugh]

please stop, im dying here

[face_laugh] :_| [face_laugh]

3. sithrules70

May 28, 2005
    to answer this as rationally as possible you are saying that yoda took the chicken **** way out of the situation and sent kenobi to die because he thought that he could not defeat anakin ???

sorry to bring you down to earth but yoda is not a coward,if he had thought that kenobi had better chances agaisnt sidious than against anakin then he would have sent him to fight sidious.

yoda wasnt trying to save his own ass,he was trying to keep kenobi's alive.

4. Obi-Wan-1000

Obi-Wan-1000 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 11, 2005

Anakin beat dooku using the dark side, Dooku beat Obi-wan using the force no one could compare Obi-wan and Dooku because he used the force to beat Obi-wan he could have done that to Anakin if he wanted to and Anakin could not beat Dooku so he had to use the dark side and Anakin being more powerful does not make him the better fighter.

5. Obi-Wan-1000

Nov 11, 2005

I agree,[face_dancing] Anakin is not soo invincible and he is not too powerful against Obi-wan thats why Obi-wan was able to math him in most of the duel.

6. sithrules70

May 28, 2005
    exactly my thoughts about the topic icestar:D

7. camifladge2

camifladge2 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 11, 2005
    I know count dooku usally beat obi-wan by using force like force choke, and anakin beat dooku by using the dark side.[face_mischief]

8. DUGGY

DUGGY Jedi Youngling star 4

Apr 23, 2005
    Does the Duel prove that Obi-Wan is better dueler than Anakin?

The Duel proves that ObiWan has control over himself and his emotions and Anakin never did. That is why Anakin was ledt laying on a Lavabank , and ObiWan was not.

9. Extreme_yoda

Extreme_yoda Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 26, 2002
    eh jango fett nooo that wasnt a victory ...obi wan was owned...and its funny all those duels even him vs anakin doesnt do crap for him against dooku

10. Obi-Wan-1000

Nov 11, 2005

No, Jango fett did not beat Obi-wan that battle was a draw, Obi-wan could not beat him because he had all of his blasters, He has boba fett blasting Obi-wan with Jango's ship no one can beat anyone if they had all that, Jango got beat also so he had to escape before Obi-wan came back. obi-wan is one of the best fighters in the order

11. Extreme_yoda

Extreme_yoda Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 26, 2002
    excuses is all... why do i say he got owned? because obi wasnt able to take him down ...and why is that ??? because he kicked him out of the platform while he was stilled tied to him..proving he wasnt one of the best in ep2 ...ep3 shows he was better ..but not better dueler than anakin

12. Rossa83

Rossa83 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2005
    A bold statement!! Unfortunately not very plausible I fear. Yoda was perhaps the calmest most focused Jedi we have ever seen. I agree that OBW showed extreme self-control - but Yoda was superior to OBW in every aspect. I think that OBW won because at that stage he could match Anakin, and when the opportunity bid itself he seized it...

Imagine Yoda's force powers against Anakin!! And his extreme fighting skills... no, it would be cool to watch - but no no no

13. Fat_Bird

Fat_Bird Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 1, 2005
    Yes he was a better duelist. He didn't let his emotions get out of control. He was able to attack and defend well. And he was able to use his opponent's mistakes and weaknesses against him. He was a very smart and cunning fighter. Being more powerful in the Force does not make someone the better duelist. It's what he does with it. For all of Anakin's power, he never learned to use it as well as Obi-Wan used his.

14. Obi-Wan-1000

Nov 11, 2005

Obi-wan was supposesed to bring him in to question him not destroy jango, Jango got beat also so no one owned anyone it was a draw Anakin would also lose if he had to go up against what Obi-wan had to battle and he is a better fighter then Anakin he has Years more experiance then Anakin he bested him fair and square, Anakin having more power does not make him better then Obi-wan. Obi-wan was always a better fighter then Anakin the duel proved it.

15. Fat_Bird

Fat_Bird Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 1, 2005
    Too many people seem to equate Anakin's high midi-chlorian count with him being the best at everything. As if it automatically makes him the best Jedi, fighter and duelist. As if all it takes is power to best everyone else. Not true. He had great potential but it was never fully realized.

16. sithrules70

May 28, 2005
    is just ludicrous that some people say that jango "owned" obi wan:rolleyes:

obi wan was not going for the kill,only arrest.and jango certainly had help from his lovely son to disarm obi wan.the only reason why mace killed jango was because his jetpack failed or he would have just escaped mace the way he did vs obi.

17. Obi-Wan-1000

Nov 11, 2005

yes,I agree[face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_peace]

Obi-wan is the better duelst then Anakin he always was, Obi-wan lets nothing get in the way, He matched all of Anakins move. He is more smarter then Anakin, Anakin being more powerful does not make Anakin the better fighter, Anakin may have all that power but he does not know how to use it.

18. ticopuma

ticopuma Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 2, 2005
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

THATS THE FUNNIEST THING I"VE HEARD IN A LONG TIME!

[face_laugh] [face_laugh]

19. yoshifett

yoshifett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 17, 2004
    A single duel "proves" nothing. You need a larger sample population than that to "prove" something. I think this word is being thrown around a little carelessly. I would say that this duel shows that under these particular circumstance, Obi-Wan could defeat Anakin. As for their skills as duelists, nothing is proved from this duel except that GL can tie the two trilogies together.

20. joshuavance

joshuavance Jedi Youngling star 3

May 15, 2002
    People shouldn't be so quick to laugh at the guy who said Yoda can't beat Anakin/Vader.

It's essentially the same as those who say Obi-Wan cannot even fight Darth Sidious. It's ridiculous to assert that, because if anything , the Prequel Trilogy has shown us that raw power and superiority in a fight doesn't mean much.
    No one is truly THAT far above anyone else in skill and power, at least, none of the main characters.

And the prequel Trilogy has shown that neither Yoda, or Sidious are invincible Gods, merely extremely skillfull combatants.

If Yoda is a level 9, and Darth Vader pre-ownage is a level 9, why is it a joke to say Yoda couldn't beat Vader??

Dooku fought Yoda to a draw, people seem to forget that.

Also, look at how Obi-Wan is always set up on paper as the under dog in his fights, but he handles and regulates like a champion. If I were a betting man, I would on paper ALWAYS bet for Obi-Wan's opponents.

Against Darth Maul, Obi-Wan is a Padawan learner, a level 6 tops. Maul you could argue is a level 8 though it's never been said.
    Obi-Wan spanks.

Against General Grievous, easily 4 times the strength of Obi-Wan since he is an android. Super speed, can transform his body. Wields FOUR lightsabers.

Obi-Wan regulated him.

Against Jango Fett. Essentially Obi-Wan was fighting Captain resources. Batman. The man kept pulling things out of his bag of tricks. Yet an unarmed Obi-Wan had the boy running for his life.

People should never say never, where the Star Wars universe is concerned.

Sidious seemed to be fairly confident that Vader wouldn't be concerned with Yoda.

21. yoshifett

yoshifett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 17, 2004
    Joshua, it seems we're starting to agree more and more often these days. :eek: [face_peace]

I really think that Obi-Wan was THE man for the job when it came to defeating Anakin. You make a great case for Obi-Wan's successes on film. As many people forget, Yoda does not win either duel that he fights. What is GL trying to tell us?

22. sithrules70

May 28, 2005
    you missed the context in wich he said it joshua.

he said that yoda went to fight sidious because he knew that he could not beat vader.when in fact he sent kenobi to fight vader because he knew he had more chances of defeating him than sidious.he made it sound like if yoda was taking the chicken **** way out of it by sending kenobi to fight vader when in fact yoda is not trying to fight the weaker foe but trying to keep kenobi alive.

23. MOC Vober Dand

MOC Vober Dand Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 6, 2004
    Hypothetically ...

Obiwan v Sidious - Sidious wouldn't have lost his composure like Anakin did, so Obiwan wouldn't have had the opportunity to win. Obiwan couldn't defeat Dooku, he wouldn't defeat Sidious.

Anakin v Yoda - Anakin would've lost the plot somewhere along the line and Yoda would've exploited the opportunity in the same way that Obiwan did.

24. sithrules70

May 28, 2005
    anakin has better chances of defeating yoda than kenobi of defeating sidious...that much is clear for me

25. MOC Vober Dand

MOC Vober Dand Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 6, 2004
    Anakin v Yoda would've been quite a battle, with Yoda holding Anakin off until he had his brain explosion, then closing it out. Obiwan v Sidious would've been, as someone once said, "all too easy!"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.