main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Dragon*Con 2004

Discussion in 'Archive: Atlanta, GA' started by Meriwyn, Jul 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    Hey all!

Was just wondering if there's a FanForce dinner planned for this year :) If so, count me in!

2. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    Of course! :D

Right now, the dinner is scheduled for Saturday, September 4th, at 5:30 p.m. The location will once again be Trader Vic's in the downtown Hilton hotel. If this time and date comes into conflict with a big SW-related panel or event, it could change.

More information will be forthcoming. :)

3. TheRealBoushh

TheRealBoushh Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 18, 2001
    Howdy, howdy!

[image=http://img2.photobucket.com/albums/v11/hanluvr/faces/wave.gif]

This socks owner will be attending Dragon*Con this year and is hoping traveling FF members can attend. How about it? :D

4. RosieWook

RosieWook Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 5, 2000
    If you're referring to the FanForce dinner? All FF members can attend. That's the whole point behind it, actually.

If you're referring to Dragon*Con? Anyone with enough money to buy the badge can attend. And yes, we hope that a lot of FF folks from outside Atlanta will join us. It makes it much more fun.

5. TheRealBoushh

TheRealBoushh Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 18, 2001
    [face_blush] D'oh. Yes, I was referring to the dinner. I've already taken care of my D*C ticket and plane tickets. ;)

6. RosieWook

Dec 5, 2000
    That's great! We have a lot of fun meeting everyone from the rest of the country at the FF Dinner.

Mandy will post more about the dinner in just a couple of weeks.

7. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    That sounds great. I had a good time at the Celebration 2 FF dinner and I can't wait for this one. I'll keep checking back for the price and other info. :)

8. Nabooty_Call

Nabooty_Call Former RSA / Obi-Wan Impersonator star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 11, 2000
    Just verifying that we don't need to rsvp for the dinner at Trader Vic's...if not, put me down for 2 seats :)

Can't wait till D*C!!!

9. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    I'm still working with the Trader Vic's management on the details of the dinner right now. I am going to need an accurate head count, so I will need RSVPs. (actually, I'll ask folks to add their names to a list, like last year.)

Brian, I'll go ahead and put you down for two seats. :)

10. Nabooty_Call

Nabooty_Call Former RSA / Obi-Wan Impersonator star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 11, 2000
    Cool, thanks! Just wanted to avoid last-minute bending of the RSVP rules this year ;)

11. RagingBantha

RagingBantha Jedi Youngling

Feb 11, 2004
    Speaking of dragon*con is there a signup available yet for times to work the table?

12. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    I plan to get that up within a few days. I'll let everyone know when the list is posted. :)

13. red_rose

red_rose Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 3, 2001
    FF dinner! Another member of the HR and I are planning on getting that enormous drink that everyone else tried last year. For those that tried it last year, what did it taste like?

Also MB put me down for two on the list.

Rose

:D

14. RagingBantha

Feb 11, 2004
    OMG big humongous drinks? do they got little umbrellas? I hope y'all dont mind a tipsy bantha...I know that the name is misleading...this bantha dont rage...he just gets smoother.

15. motf-jan

motf-jan Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 25, 2001
    Just a heads up for everyone: Before the Mr. Star Wars at DragonCon at 10pm, there will be a panel at 8:30 called MythConceptions in the GFFA(Galaxy, Far, Far, Away) This panel is being moderated by two of our Charleston Fanforcers and they certainly can use your support. Sort of a spoiler free Prequel Speculation panel that will discuss what we think might happen, and compare it to literary works like Shakespeare and see if these "theories" fit into what they think the mythological or literary path Lucas has taken with the rest of the movie.

If you haven't read Othello, I definitely suggest doing so , lots of similiarities to the Prequels. Anyway, just wanted to help promote some of our fellow fanforcers. Saturday will definitely be a "Fan Force" night.

Janet

16. Darth23

Darth23 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 14, 1999
    That sounds like a most excellent panel.

As long as Faith and the Muse isn't playing at the time I'll bee there.

17. ObiWill

ObiWill Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 24, 2001
    That big fish tank of a drink would be the Scorpion Bowl. It's supposed to be for four, but it's best shared by two or three. As for the taste... it's got citrus juices, rum, and orgeat (kind of almondy syrup).

Unfortunately my fiance (BenaeQuee) and I can't make it down this year. We're saving for Celebration 3 (and our wedding... priorities, priorities). So, drink up me hearties, yo ho. :)

18. Phoenix21

Phoenix21 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 10, 2003
    I'm from the Columbus area. There are a bunch of us planning to attend.

When do we have to rsvp for the dinner? We will have our group meeting on the 22nd. Is that too late?

Also, if anyone know of anyone who has purchase a pass but can't use it, we have a member in our area that is looking to buy one...please post a reply on the Columbus board.

See ya'll there & Thanks, Hollie

19. Jace Darkrider

Jace Darkrider Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 1998
    Hi Hollie! Here's the link with all the news on the dinner that Minacia put together. It should have all the details you are looking for.

I'm looking forward to seeing familiar faces and meeting new ones from other FanForce chapters.

Only 22 days left!! 8-}

20. trianiigirl

trianiigirl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 21, 2002
    Only 22? I have to finish costumes!

Eeeeeeeeeee I can't wait! :D :D

21. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    Who is staying in the Marriott? I want to know who I can pester at all hours. :p

I kid, I kid...maybe. ;)

22. Jace Darkrider

Jace Darkrider Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 1998
    Oh, I'll be staying at the Marriott Friday to Sunday night of the con. Maybe I'll be the one keeping you up Minacia, muwahahahaha! [face_devil]

This year I am taking Thursday off to get ready for the con and Tuesday off to catch up on sleep and recover! I think it's the only way I'll get through it. [face_dancing]

23. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    I'll be taking Thursday off, as well as the Tuesday and Wednesday after the con to veg out.

So, if someone starts banging on my hotel room door at 4:00 a.m. and then runs away laughing maniacally, I can safely assume that it might be you, Jace? :p ;)

24. RagingBantha

Feb 11, 2004
    I'm at the marriott. I'm a night owl so feel free to comea knockin, pop open a cold one, and chill out wit da bantha.

25. RosieWook

Dec 5, 2000
    It's hearing stuff like that that makes me regret not staying at the hotels during Dragon*Con. But when GenCon is two weeks before, it gets a little too costly to also stay at Dragon*Con.

Just take a lot of photographic blackmail, er, I mean evidence.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.