main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Thriller Dragon Warriors: Bloodlines

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by greyjedi125, Mar 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    Fullo Ocean
    Greensboro, North Carolina

"I'll let myself out." Fullo announced as he began to back out of the twins apartment. Mai waved goodbye as she giggled coquettishly, while Hayate took the pizza box to the adjacent kitchenette and began to look for plates.

"Arigato!" Both twins said in unison.

As Fullo turned to face the door, he bumped into someone huge. His face bounced right off the person's chest.

"Who are you!?" demanded the voice.

Fullo had to step back to appreciate who it was he'd bumped into. Before him stood a rather large samoan youth. Tan of skin, dark glaring eyes and shoulder length hair. He wore a sleevles-T with khakis and both his arms were adorned with tribal tatoos. He stood well over six feet and was easily over two hundred pounds.

"You here to see, Mai?" the youngman said acridly, his words more an accusation than a question. He held a bouquet of flowers in his left hand, but they were upside down now and somewhat ruined.

"Oh, geeez..." Hayate exclaimed from behind the kitchenette.

"Oh! Toa.....uhm...." Fullo could hear a mix of amusement, uncertainty and a hint of irritation in Mai's voice.

"You don't look strong at all." Toa declared as he glared down at Fullo. "She said she'd only go out with a strong man. So, you think you're strong?"

Before anyone could say another word, Toa grabbed Fullo by the front of his shirt and threw him out of the apartment and sent him sprawling into the backyard outside.

Hayate rolled his eyes and shook his head. "meat head" he whispered under his breath. "Toa, Nooo!" exclaimed Mai.

It only took four ponderous strides for Toa to reach the spot where Fullo had unceremoniously landed. Both Hayate and Mai rushed out their door a second later.

"Hey, Mai! you like this guy? you think he's strong...?" Toa asked mockingly as he stared down at Fullo.

"Well....uhm...." Mai said, thinking. Hayate chuckled, still shaking his head. "We should have ordered Ramen instead."

A small voice was heard just then. It sound like it was coming out of somewhere close. "Hello? Hello!?"

Toa looked around and finally saw a cellphone on the floor.

"Fullo? where are you? Hello? you there...darn it!"

It was Fullo's cellphone and his Boss seemed to have called him when he was being tossed out of the apartment. The call was apparently answered when the phone hit the ground. Toa gave an evil grin and stomped the cellphone with his size 14's.

"Hehehe, see. He ain't worthy..."

The samoan youth grinned again as he silently dared his new rival to get up and prove himself.

Tag: blubeast1237

Ambrose Charles Ambrose
    Temple Bar, Dublin Ireland

"What's this you say...!!" the woman screeched at the top of her lungs. "Not entitled!??" the man glowered, his teeth now grinding and his face fully flushed with rage. He bounded over to where his target was now located.

The busboy completely stopped what he was doing and looked on confused, trying to figure out what was going on. He'd obviously missed the begining of the whole thing. A few tables away, the other patron continued to sip on his drink and calmly took in the evolving spectacle.

"Well, I'm jus gonna have ta beat it outta ya..." snarled the big man as he lunged for Ambrose. His two meaty hands reached over the counter as he went to grab the moonlighting 'private eye'.

Tag: Mitth_Fisto

****************************************************************************

Hikari Oda

The Oda Family Estate

The colors of evening dominated the clear skies by the time the festivities were concluded. All those in attendance congratulated Hikari once again before departing, and after much bowing and protocol, the last of the guests had departed and the Oda's were once again left to enjoy peace, tranquility and each others company.

The evening servants quickly busied themselves as they were tasked with clean-up detail. Yatsumor

2. ShadowLeonheart

ShadowLeonheart Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 15, 2005
    Michael Lorado
    Monks Village Hong Kong

Michael followed the monk through the gathering of law inforcement, then to the streets, then to the Monks Village. Michael was showed a hut with a bed and was asked to sleep, before he accepted he said, "I'll sleep, but you have some explaining to do in the morning."

He then walked in and collapsed onto the pile of firs laying in the hut.... He thought of the life he took, and how he took it... As he drifted slowly asleep.

Tag: GRAY

3. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Ambrose Charles Ambrose

The woman screeched, oh what a most unpleasant sound, if left without a weapon that nearly doubled as one. Apparantly his message wasn't well recieved, as evidiced by the orthadontia self mutilation and the bounding form coming at him.

"Might I suggest we take it outside if you plan on beating, money out of me?" he piped up, but the man didn't stop.

He reached over the bar top at him with both his large meaty hands, he automatically leaned back on putting his weight on a rear placed foot...then it happened. Well it didn't just happen he had been trained to defend himself and fight, first as a lad by movies, than the in the armed royal forces of her Majesty, and later by that odd man, wonder what ever happened to him.

As his mind refocused, directing energy and concentration he flicked out both fists in a focused snap punch into those meaty hands. "Outside please. I just wiped the counter off, so if we could take this to the cobble stone outside it would be most appreciated." his head was tilted slightly as he looked at the man, eyes flicking to indicate the door.

His nose flared and eyes widened slightly from the proximity to his now assailant, as he uses his senses to try and get a better read on the bloke infront of him and the woman near the door, if they were intoxicated in any manner reason wouldn't do a thing. Not that it often did when euros were involved it seemed. But he had to get a sense of these two, in every aspect before this escalated any further. Not to mention before anything happened to this historic pub, well bar technically but still the same applied.

TAG: Greyjedi125

4. Ameteth

Ameteth Jedi Master star 1

Mar 28, 2009
    Hikari Oda

The Oda Family Estate

The gurgling song of the running water stirring in the koi pools and the breeze playing with the banzai and bamboo leaves were the only sounds playing in Hikari?s ear at the moment.
    The formal festivities were finally over, and now as he walked alongside his father, Master Yatsumori Oda, the movie of his life resumed to play.

Hikari could feel the change slowly taking place in his being. His perspective was changing. This was momentous, it was life changing, and it looked like his social calendar will be gathering dust for a long time.

He felt the energy from his parent?s happiness suffuse him and lift him to new plateaus of awareness.
    ? Is this what they were missing? Those would be World- beaters and despots? Were they denied Love and Caring? Were they shaped by a cruel destiny or did they choose the easy path to power? Did they have too much and too little??
    These were strange questions that came to the young warriors mind as he tried to grasp the mysteries of destiny and his own place in it.

"You've grown up so fast and are now on your way to becoming a TRUE warrior. I couldn't be happier."_ said the proud father.

Hikari accepted the high praise with an almost ceremonial nod, he was still reeling from it all and it would probably take a couple of days to settle in.
    The young Oda felt that he was at the edge of a great secret; about to exit boyhood and enter the world of men, where the veil of innocence is cast aside and the truth of the Martial Arts World became an all too solid reality; a place where the balance of the world teeters back and forth between those with power to affect it. Where the Dragon Warrior makes a difference for good or evil.

So much rested on his shoulders now. The prestige of the Oda Dojo would be affected by his performance in the Tournament. Likewise the standing of this branch of the Oda Clan would be under scrutiny.
    It was by Master Yatsumori Oda?s sheer excellence that this ?unorthodox? branch had gained success. It was no easy feat; marrying a gaijin; settling outside of Japan in respectful defiance, especially for a non-expansionist. ?So much? indeed.

Hikari was experiencing some strong feelings as he strolled in the uplifting company of his father.
    ?Otosan, about today?s ?test?? I?d like to be tested like that at least once a year.? Hikari asks with a slight bow and using the Japanese term for ?father?, not being able to get back to ?Western? behavior while still clad in traditional garb.
    ? I learned so much today, that I think it would help me hone not only my physical skills, but my insight as well.?
    Hikari blushes deeply and bows before making his next request ?And with your permission, I would like to have the honor of sparring with you upon my return from the Tournaments?just to gauge my progress?onegai shimasu.?

He also thought of asking to have his good friend Dean Forrest accompany him to the Tournament, but he will throw that request in later. Earlier this evening, Dean had wisely observed that Hikari?s ?star? was rising and for some reason Hikari felt that he might need a good friend to help him stay well balanced and not fall off. There was too much at stake for him not to take every precaution.
    But for now, things couldn't have been better for the nascent Dragon.

Tag: GreyJedi

5. Mandeillord

Mandeillord Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 13, 2006
    Itzhak Peled
    Santa Monica, California, USA

Everything kept getting stranger and stranger. The troupe of acrobats bowed before the audience and then Itzhak and the Asian man who was obviously their instructor and the mysterious informant. Itzhak made quick mental notes about the man?s facial structure and size, as well as his particular dialect. The teenagers were speaking to him in Mandarin and Itzhak deduced that he was at least of Chinese descent or had strong connections to China.

Itzhak wasn?t sure if he should be threatened by this man because of his manner of ?testing? Itzhak before revealing himself from the crowd. He also did not seem like the character to have information about the Juarez drug cartel, but he could always be from a rival organization wishing to destroy the large portion of command that the Juarez cartel has over the drug trade.

?So, are you willing to hear me out now?? the ?informant? asked in a very subtle and silent manner. Now Itzhak could discern a small accent in the man?s voice, which he didn?t catch before. I?m getting rusty?

?Talk to me.? Itzhak said as he started to walk along the pier. He wasn?t much of a talker, but also didn?t want to have a deep conversation with this man.

TAG: Grey

6. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    Vajra Pani
    Hubei Province, China

"Woah!!" the bandit exclaimed as he got up, rubbing his aching back.

"You....you saved me!"

"Told you he was a real monk." the first bandit put in, still rubbing his arm.

Vajra paid them no mind, his only goal was to leave quickly. His desire to meditate was gone, the violence had left a bad taste in his mouth and he wanted to put it behind him.

"Brother, we are sorry we attacked you." They said in unison as they bowed.

The prompt reversal of attitude rose the monks brow, he could not help but wonder what scheme they were up to now.

"We must reward him!" said the first bandit, raising a finger as an idea hit him.

Ah yes, a reward. Surely another weapon or means of robbing him was to be his "reward". The young monk simply sighed in resignation at the prospect of continuing what the two bandits had started here.

"Yes, I know just the thing." the second bandit exclaimed as Vajra simply continued to gather his things. The sooner he was able to leave the better, though he sensed a subtle shift in the attitude and demeanor of the "bandits" which made Vajra curious.

The first bandit reached into his robes and produced a small wooden box.

"You have done well this day, Vajra Pani..."

At this Vajra stopped gathering his belongings and stood upright to look at the two men. How did they know my name, he wondered. He did not recall introducing himself.

"Despite your training, you have shown restraint, wisdom and compassion..." The second 'bandit' added, also looking unlike what he appeared just moments ago.

"You are worthy and you ready."

Ready for what? His brow furrowed in confusion. These two men could not possibly know about him or his training. What was all this about.

The bandit opened the box and presented it to the wandering monk.

"We hereby extend this invitation for you to participate in the World Martial Arts Tournament. There, your skills your mettle and your wits will be tested to the fullest. We would be honored by your presence. Please accept this humble invitation."

Inside the red velvet interior of the box lay an ornately carved jade invitation. The carving appeared to be that of a framed dragon in the clouds. This invitation was no bigger than a bookmark and at the top of it, a golden tassel was attached.

Both bandits bowed and waited for Vajra to accept their offer.

Vajra was immediately tempted to decline the offer. The opportunity to compete in a World Martial Arts Tournament obviously implied more fighting, something he could do well enough, but had little desire for.

What stopped him from doing so was the words of his Abbot. "It is time for you to spread your wings and fly, the world is ready to know Buddha's power." The old teachers voice echoed clearly in his mind as if he was standing next to Vajra.

Could this be what he meant? A worldwide tournament would be a superb stage to display the simple truth of his faith. Was this his calling?

Many long moments passed with Vajra in silent contemplation as the two men remained bowed before him offering the "invitation". Finally, with a reserved voice full of trepidation the Shaolin Monk accepted the offer.

"I humbly accept, thank you."

Bowing in return he reached out to gently take the box from the men.

"I must know something however, how is it that you seem to know me?" He asked. "My name, and about the training which I have received?"

Tag: greyjedi125

7. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    May-Ling Parker
    Oahu, Hawaii, Master Lu Chan's Home

"I think..." she stated with a grin. "That I would love some take-out Chinese food. And then, I would like nothing better than to hang out in your Zen garden. The one you have been working on, out back, Master Chan." she said giving a small smile, as she thought of his garden in the back.

"Aha! Found it!" Exclaimed the Master in triumph after rummaging through his bookshelf. He took out a book and blew the dust off it. May-Ling looked over curious as she wondered what he had been looking for. He coughed a few times, then looked at May and laughed lightly.

"Chinese sounds good." he said finally. "Why don't you go ahead and place the order for both of us. I'll have whatever you're having, or better yet, surprise me. The Menu for Lucy Lu's should be atop that desk near you. I'll go fix a table near the garden."

"Alright Master Chan!" May-Ling said as she watched him. He certainly was acting like he was up to something. Master Chan gave a little impish grin at May and then rushed of in a bit of a hurry. He grabbed a brush and a battle of ink as he went.

"Take your time!" he hollered from the other room. Mayli laughed softly, as she watched her usually 'unperturbed' master grinning and running about. But she didnt put too much thought into it. Not after the days events. She picked up the menu for Lucy Lu's, and began to scan the items listed. She then dialed the number listed.

"Hello, Lucy Lu's? I would like to order take out..and have it delivered, please." May-Ling picked up several items. Some General Tao's Chicken, Sweet and sour Chicken, and some beef mu shu for something different. Fried rice, noddles, and boiled rice for her Master. She then got a bit fancy, and ordered a Tofu dish that she knew he loved, and finished off the order with some sweets and a couple of teas.

Satisfied with her order, she settled down on the living room floor, crossing her legs. She began to meditate, drawing Ki gently, as she replenished the energy she had expended. She would continue until the delivery person knocked on the door.

Tag: Greyjedi

8. blubeast1237

blubeast1237 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 10, 2007
    Fullo Ocean
    -Greensboro, North Carolina

Dammit, things always went bad for delivery boys. For all his southern hospitality, Fullo's face portrayed nothing but feroscity and anger. His wrestling background quickly came into play as instinct. Yes, the guy was about 230 or 250, but Fullo benched 250 and squatted 375. He pushed himself up from the ground, shot his head through the giant's stomach, snaked both hands behind the knees, and lifted Toa off the ground, finishing the double leg takedown in the garden.

His first reaction after the big guy was down was to commence punching him in the side. His back was hurting now, though. The guy had been alittle heavier than Fullo had presumed. Fullo pushed himself off of the man, stumbling away to his feet. His crouched down in a wrestling stance, hands wide open, waiting for Toa to get up.

Tag: Grey

9. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Michael Lorado
    Monks Village Hong Kong

When Michael woke up it was not morning, but evening on the same day. His fatigue came mostly at the expenditure of Ki-energy coupled with jet-lag. All he really needed was a few hours of sleep to feel refreshed.

The hut Michael was in was cozy. It had two beds, individual nightstands and trunks, and boasted its own barthroom. Michael's things were neatly arranged for him. It wasn't long after he woke up and refrshed himself that Wong knocked at the door before he entered.

"It is I, Wong..." the monk announced as he came through the door.

"I hope you rested well. Dinner will be ready in a short while. I thought I'd comeby and look after you before that time. So, tell me..." Wong sat himself on a nearby stool as he spoke.

"....what exactly brings you to Hong Kong?"

Tag: Shadowleonheart

Ambrose Charles Ambrose

Ambrose flicked out both fists in a focused snap punch and struck his attacker's meaty hands.

"Outside please." He said. "I just wiped the counter off, so if we could take this to the cobble stone outside it would be most appreciated." Ambrose tilted his head slightly as he looked at the man, eyes flicking to indicate the door.

The large man wore a look of surprise as he looked at his hands disbelievingly, then at Ambrose, who was for all intents and purposes, the picture of calm and self composure.

Without really looking, the large man made a grabbing motion for a nearby chair and missed. He looked turned his head against his will, since he wanted to keep his eyes on Ambrose. What he saw then perplexed him for a moment. The patron who had been sipping his drink had taken away the nearby chair and wagged a finger at him.

Tsk. Tsk.

The sipping patron pointed towards the door that lead outside. The large man growled at him menacingly, but the patron seemed totally unbothered by this.

"You stay out of this!" the woman screamed at him as she huffed past him.

"Fine, fine! take it outside like he says...it'll make no difference!" She barked as she walked out the pub. The large man did not follow after her, but simply turned to glare furiously at Ambrose. He clearly was not about to go out before his intended opponent.

Seeing this, the busboy began to move tables and chairs out of the way, in essence making a small clear space. Too bad there was nothing he could do about the ceiling lamps.

"What ar ya waitin' four!!?? Get out here, both o' ya!!" the woman screamed from outside.

The large man's eyes narrowed dangerously. He didn't seem to be listening anymore, but contemplating his next move.

With his heightened senses, Ambrose did not perceive any level of intoxication from the pair. They were just angry, as opposed to being angry drunks.

Tag: Mitth_Fisto

Hikari Oda

The Oda Family Estate

Yatsumori Oda was indeed enjoying this rare moment he was spending with his son, for it was something he'd been meaning to do for sometime. Conversation between the two came easy to both parties, as it should be.

?Otosan, about today?s ?test?? I?d like to be tested like that at least once a year.? Hikari asks with a slight bow. His father nods in agreement. His widening smile confirming that he likes the idea as well.

? I learned so much today, that I think it would help me hone not only my physical skills, but my insight as well.?

Yatsumori pats his son lightly on the shoulder as he chuckles softly. He gives a solid nod as he continues to listen.

?And with your permission, I would like to have the honor of sparring with you upon my return from the Tournament?just to gauge my progress?onegai shimasu.?

Yatsumotri can't help but to throw his head back and give a hardy laugh. This is too good. "So, you have it all thought out, my son. Very well, I see every reason to oblige. consider it done."

The Elder Oda bows

10. blubeast1237

blubeast1237 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 10, 2007
    Got alittle carried away when I writing the first paragraph and I just ran with it. Grey, feel free to edit where you need to.[face_blush]

Fullo Ocean
    -Greensboro, North Carolina

Why did he have to get up? Fullo exhaled from his nose and crouched lower. When the giant was finally upon him, Fullo shot for one of his leg and pulled it up under his arm. The giant turned around and punched a large fist into Fullo's face. He could feel blood coming out his nose and floating around in his mouth, but this only made Fullo more angry than he already was.

Holding the one leg under his arm, he kicked the other leg from under the giant, sending the big man tumbling towards the ground. Next thing Fullo knew, he was being kicked in the chest. It was like a bowling ball had been thrown at him. Stumbling back did not provide the time he thought it would as Toa was back on his feet and swinging for the fences. The first two blows caught him in the face and in the stomach. Fullo dodged the third and returned with a kick to the side of Toa's knee.

There was a cry of pain, Fullo was not sure whether it was him or Toa, but he pushed the offensive. Rushing to the side, Fullo dodged another punch, grabbed Toa around the waist with both arms, and, knowing it would take too much time and effort to lift Toa up, he leaned back all his weight, pulling Toa on top of him. When his back hit the ground, Fullo bridged onto his head and rolled them both to their stomachs. Toa's was on the ground, while Fullo was on his back. Another beatdown commenced with Fullo launching blows to the back and sides, releasing fury in the little, magnificent garden.

Every time Toa tried to get up, Fullo's forearm would pound his head back down.

Tag: Grey

11. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Ambrose Charles Ambrose

Well this was going better than he expected, he absently thought as the large man reached for a chair that wasn't there anymore. Albeit he had hoped the busboy would have caught on by now he was still gracious to the helping patron.

A patron he couldn't help give a small grin and nod of thanks at his tsking ways, a grin he wiped off when the large angry growling specimen infront of him turned to look at him. Best not smile at a growling angry person, at least not before getting his tetnus and shots updated.

The woman screamed and shouted but finally consented about stepping outside, but the brute wouldn't budge a step...Aaaand the busboy decided to clear an area, somewhat helpful and somewhat incouraging most likely to the thing before him.

As the woman screamed again he shrugged off his jacket and pulled off his tie, undoing the top button of his white shirt. Laying them on the end of the bar as he walked around and out to the open front, and awaiting fighter and began the long journey around and toward the door through the open space the busboy had created. He did his best to keep his eyes on the agressor, "Hey, Boy'o. Call in and see if someone can come and take me' shift, and fin'ish setin' up."

Why didn't he run on a treadmill a few times a week so he could sprint out of here and get some space outside. No use complaining about that now, especially with the look in the mans eyes as the woman shouted again. Now all he had to do was walk past and back out the door, walk past and out the door and take two giant steps to the side.

Why did he have to schedule taking the shift on such a lovely day? Now he was stuck fighting angry people, his least favorite mood in an opponent, makes them too unpredictable.

TAG: Greyjedi125

12. ShadowLeonheart

Nov 15, 2005
    Michael Lorado
    Strange village
    Hong Kong

Michael stepped out of the hut with the monk who asked him what brought him to hong kong. He continued to walk with the monk tworred the smell of dinner when he responded with, "I had some vacation time to spare and when I was deciding where to go, I was pulled to Hong Kong. I was nearly immidiately mugged, Used a power Ive never seen before, Killed an evil man, Slept in a surprizingly comfortable hut, And now I'm about to eat dinner with a strange Monk. Now tell me strange monk.... What the hell is going on?" Michael asked comicley. He was led twoared a table with many empty seats. He had no idea who or how many would join him but he suspested a few, He really just wondered why the took him in and what was happening to him.

Tag: Gray

13. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    IC: Roland "Roy" Gespenst, Alias Ghost
    Sunset Lake, Newark, Delaware, USA

"Very well then," Roy replied with a smirk, as he began. Moving full speed in an attempt to quickly get behind Akeshi, before firing off a blast of spiritual energy. "Sorry about this," he smirked. He hoped Akeshi would surprise him and be the first person to handle this maneuver. Prize fighters weren't known for their ability to manipulate the spiritual energy within themselves, and so they always went down fairly quickly. If Akeshi couldn't even surpass that, he wasn't much of a fighter. Roy was also curious to see if he could get Akeshi to reveal the depths of his abilities, to see if he could get some semblance of what, if anything, he was up against.

OOC: Roy, because of the way he was taught about them, refers to his ki techniques exclusively as spiritual energy techniques. That'll change when somebody breaks the news, obviously.:p

14. Ameteth

Ameteth Jedi Master star 1

Mar 28, 2009
    Hikari Oda

The Oda Family Estate

Finally out of ceremonial robes, Hikari relaxes in his private quarters in his wing of the estate.
    At 85º the air massages the skin with an expert?s touch as the 12-foot tall curtains gracefully allow entry through the magnificent windows.
    The soft glow of the candles give the vast room a calming and soothing effect. Hikari was preparing his circle of meditation before retiring for the night.

The day in itself had been one of the most extraordinary experiences of his young life and it has left him changed. He needed to meditate, recharge and put everything into perspective.
    He recalled the day's event and explored them all in various ways to extract lessons both martial and of philosophical importance. So many extraordinary things had taken place in just a span of a few hours; being tested by the legendary Master Hanzo; being invited to the World Martial Arts Tournament; and now being given a new scroll by his parents to continue his studies in the secret and sacred arts of Ki use.

?Make me one with everything? _ He chuckles to himself at the old enduring joke about the monk who asks the hotdog vendor to do just that. ?No matter how serious things get, having a sense of humor seems to help with balance?a bridge to the lighter side of things.?

He takes a deep breath?exhales slowly and begins the process of letting go of the things that would get in the way of his training. ? I probably wont be getting my PhD on Babe-o-logy?those parties are a distraction I can?t afford?hopefully one of those well built lovelies is secretly a Dragon Warrior too?hmm?nah?not likely.
    Ha! Dean is going to tease me for not going out tonight.? A slight smile touches his lips as he realizes that even though he will be giving his life to the Martial Arts more completely than before, his personal life might still survive this change.

He takes the scroll that lies before him and unfurls it to gaze at the pictogram depicting the secrets that he will soon learn. A sense of excitement rushes over him as he sees the potential applications of the lessons before him ?Wow, this is way cool, but I?ll have to be careful practicing it.?

Riding this wave of positive energy Hikari Oda begins his meditations. Assuming the lotus position in the middle of his candles, energies flowing from the chakra points, his breathing becomes slow and steady, searching the universal ohm.
    The candles flames become perfectly still after a moment and in the shadows being cast, one could almost see images of things to come.

Tag: Greyjedi

15. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    May-Ling Parker
    Oahu, Hawaii, Master Lu Chan's Home

It wasn't a very long wait until the delivery person from Lucy Lu's came knocking at the door. "Lucy Lu's delivery!" May paid the delivery boy and gave a good tip and received three warm boxes of aromatic food. The smell was positively mouth watering.

"The table is ready!" came Master Lu Chan's projected voice from the backyard garden. With a grin, May headed to the backyard garden.

Once May arrived with the food, she saw a low round table made ready with place mats and all. Bowls, cups, tea cups, ivory chopsticks, everything was ready. Two low-pillowed seats were also in place. Master Lu Chan was smiling, his hands behind his back.

Mayli put the food on the table, taking the items out of the bag, and setting them up properly. "Mmmmm. Smells really good." He commented as he watched May set the food on the table.

"But before we start, I'd like to give you this." May-Ling stood up, curious. She was about to ask when Master Chan brought his arms about and presented May with a small gift.

A book. She then looked up at him, curiously.

"This book contains all the ki-techniques you already know, plus two more for you to study on your own. You won't be able to learn them before the tournament, but that knowledge is sure to serve you well afterwards."

Master Lu Chan handed the Martial Arts book to May-Ling. She smiled as she took the book, rubbing her hands across the cover. He gave her a quick hug.

"Well, I think we've both waited long for this. Let's eat."

Grinning now, Master Chan sat himself down and gestured for May-Ling to do the same. May-Ling was so happy she felt like she could explode. She wanted to look over the book, but she didnt want to be rude, so she quickly took a seat. She carefully laid the book down someplace safe next to her, and began to carefully serve the meal that they had both ordered, smiling as she did so. She reached into her pocket, and pulled out her IPod. Selecting some nice music, she laid it next to her, and grinned, as she began to eat.

Hmmm. After her meal, perhaps May-Ling would work in the garden. The smooth sand just looked too tempting. And after that, she could sneak a peek inside of her newest gift!

Tag: GreyJedi
    hehehehehhe! :D

16. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    IC: Teresa Starkos
    Victoria Shopping Centre, London, UK

Teresa winced inwardly at the blood pouring down the kid's face. It probably wasn't nearly as bad as it looked - head wounds tended to bleed a lot - but that gash might still need stitches. Not something she could do in a video store, even if she found that damned first-aid kit every store should have around somewhere -

There, under the register!

The youth moaned. "It'll be okay," Teresa reassured him automatically, quickly snatching up the kit and popping it open. Like most rarely-used first-aid kits, its contents were rather older than was ideal, but the alcohol swabs and plasters and things were still in their plastic wrappers, and a small box of disposable gloves were squashed in a corner. Good enough.

She snapped on a pair of gloves. "Hold still," she told him, gently tilting his head up. Right - it didn't look too bad - not as deep as she feared, and the bleeding was slowing even as she focused on it. She'd still like to clean, disinfect and stitch it up properly, but for now antiseptic spray and a bandage would have to do, because she had to see to the others as wel. She got out the spray bottle -

"Everything Ok here Ma'am?" a guard asked her. Teresa looked up, startled; she had been entirely ignoring the argument between the guards and the sole uninjured youth. But of course they would inquire after her.

Teresa nodded. "I'm not entirely sure what happened here," she said, answering the unspoken question. "I arrived on the tail end of the fight - and well - I'm a doctor, but they should get to a hospital. Has someone called Emergency?"

Over the guard's shoulder she could see Old Jackie making his escape, only to be stopped by another guard. Teresa paused, suddenly confused, as her memory - so usefully automatic at times like these - rewound back a few moments to what the kid had been saying to the guard. Old Jackie had trashed this place? Why?

17. Mandeillord

Mandeillord Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 13, 2006
    Itzhak Peled
    Santa Monica, California, USA

The instructor bowed to Itzhak. "Have you any questions?"

The wooden box, the invitation to the Tournament, was still being offered, waiting for Itzhak to grasp it in acceptance, or be declined.

The most absurd conversation had just happened and all the instructor could ask was if Itzhak had any questions. He was stunned, to say the least, and had no idea how to respond. This man obviously was no crazy individual as he had managed to find Itzhak?s contact information and had tested his fighting skills with capable acrobats. It seemed like he was telling the truth, no matter how far-fetched it seemed to be.

Itzhak was loyal to his job though, and wanted to capture the members of the Juarez Cartel in order to fulfill his duties. He knew that it would only be a few more months, as this mission was merely something to keep Itzhak occupied as the SOG team waited for a more important covert ops task. He figured the World Martial Arts Tournament would be over sooner than later, and from the tone of the man?s voice it seemed as if this tournament was much more important and significant than Itzhak believed.

Maybe Itzhak could make a difference in something that was much bigger than the Juarez Cartel. Now that would impress his superiors and would likely land him a promotion or at least a pay raise. There was only one thing to be done at this point. Itzhak took the wooden box out of the man?s hand and nodded once, signifying his acceptance of the invitation to the Tournament.

?When do I leave??

18. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    Kamiko Takahashi

Takahashi Estate, Kyoto, Japan

Kamiko stood her ground in her defensive stance, naginata in her hands. Eyes concentrating on her apparent opponent and not on Asuka leaving the dojo, or her father watching from behind her. Or even the monks watching from the sides of the room.

She was trained. But was she ready?

With just a few more twirls of his double-ended naginata, the mysterious monk was already a lot closer. Having quickened his footsteps suddenly almost without being noticed...until that last second.

He was in striking range. And strike he did.

Pivoting on his heels he spun around to feint a stab at her left side, but then quickly reversed the moment and rounded the weapon instead into going into a vertical chop to the top of her head.

The whole time, the monk's eyes found Kamiko's own and never left. And they were impassive. Unreadable. But of a surety, determined and focused.

Uksen Takahashi meanwhile narrowed his eyes, getting ready to see how his daughter responded to the beginning of the duel.

Tag: spacelady

19. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    Vajra Pani
    Hubei Province, China

"Like you, we are also monks." The first one said.

"I am brother Jian and this is brother Feng."

"We are entrusted with a sacred duty involving the continuance of the Tournament, so we are privy to certain information." The second monk explained. "That is all we can tell you for now, and I hope it is enough to answer your question at this time." he said with a slightly apologetic tone.

"Is there anything else we can help you with?"

Both monks waited and seemed glad to render assistance at this time.

The young monk nodded in understanding that this was all he would be told about the mysterious monks and their knowledge, all would reveal itself when the time was right.

"I only require the location of this tournament brothers." In the forefront of his mind was what this tournament was all about, and why a simple monk such as him was chosen. Surely there were more well known fighters in the world.

Though curious of how all of this transpired in a seemingly short period of time, and in such an odd way, Vajra had to admit to being excited in a way. His Abbot's curious words before he had left the temple seemed to fit with what was going on now, surely this was a great opportunity to show the world the true power of Buddha.

This however brought up a question in his mind. Was it Buddha's way to fight? In his heart of hearts Vajra did not believe it was, so how would he show Buddha's power? This question alone would occupy the young monks mind for many hours to come.

Tag: greyjedi125

20. spacelady

spacelady Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    OOC: I've never used a naginata, so bear with me here. :p

IC as Kamiko Takahashi

Kamiko watched with intent dark eyes as her opponent, the monk, approached with quick steps. In her mind, she calculated everything from how many more steps until he would strike, which area he would attack first, how to block from each angle, and preparing herself overall.

Before she knew it, he was upon her, swiftly stabbing forward toward her weaker side, her left. Instinctively, the young woman moved the naginata to block it, but when she found it was a faint, her eyes darted to what the true attack was and moved her weapon accordingly. The attack was coming dead in the center, in a vertical swing. As quick as her staff could twirl, she spun it and successfully parried the blade of the monk's with her own. She held the lock for a moment before pressing harder against it and pushing it away.

As the monk moved, whether in trying to steady himself again in suprise or in another attack, Kamiko went in, swinging her weapon horizontally through the air and directed at the monk's left side.

Tag: Monks and Uksen

21. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Fullo Ocean
    Greensboro, North Carolina

After three more attempts at getting up followed by furious flurries from Fullo, it seemed that Towering Toa was out for the count.

Hayate clapped in measured beats, while Mai covered her mouth in disbelief.

"Well, he certainly had that coming to him..." Hayate ventured as he approached. He gestured for Fullo to get up while he checked on Toa. Mai came over, looked down at Toa then looked at Fullo appraisingly. Hayate looked at his sister, who gave him an innocent look in return.

"Nice moves." Hayate commented to Fullo, even as he finished checking on the unconcious giant and gave a nod of satisfaction.

"Well, I certainly hope you're nice and warmed up." Hayate continued, as he casually picked up Toa and hefted the large samoan on one shoulder. "I'll take him inside for now. He'll regain conciousness after a while. Oh, and good luck."

Mai giggled as her brother turned and proceeded inside the apartment.

"Don't be too long!" Mai called after him.

"I won't." Hayate reasured her from indside.

"Well, that leaves us two!" Mai said with a distinct measure of excitement.

"Please spar me." she asked Fullo with uncontained eagerness. "And if you do well, you might just win a nice prize!" she added with a wink.

"Oh, and please don't go easy on me. It's ok. You'll see..."

Mai gave Fullo a charming smile, bowed then adopted a fighting stance.

OOC: blubeast1237 (No worries blue. From here on, post only your actions.) ;)

Ambrose Charles Ambrose

"Hey, Boy'o. Call in and see if someone can come and take me' shift, and fin'ish setin' up." Ambrose shouted at the diligent busboy.

"Aye, Boss!" Came the quick reply.

Now he could devote his undivided attention to the ill-tempered man before him.

There was no doubt that Ambrose knew the lay-out of the Temple bar. His keen knowledge in such things came into play as he literally walked backwards. There was no way he was going to give his angered opponent his back. That was too tempting a target. So, he exiting the bar while walking backwards was his only other option. Of course, the large man followed. No surprise there. He glared at Ambrose as he matched his steps. Keen as always, Ambrose caught a slight, yet significant facial shift in the man's face as they approached the doorway's threshold.

The large man suddenly leaned forward, took two running steps and launched himself in a tackling move. A malicious grin spread across his face as he became airborne.

If Ambrose didn't think fast, he was going to make his angry opponent a very happy man.

Tag: Mitth-Fisto [face_whistling] :p

Michael Lorado
    outskirt village, Hong Kong

"I had some vacation time to spare and when I was deciding where to go, I was pulled to Hong Kong. I was nearly immidiately mugged, Used a power I've never seen before, Killed an evil man, Slept in a surprizingly comfortable hut, And now I'm about to eat dinner with a strange Monk. Now tell me strange monk.... What the hell is going on?"

A monet passed before an answer was issued as the monk was deep in thought for a moment.

"My name is Wong. You may call me by my name." The monk informed respectfully as he stroked his chin.

"Are you certain you've never used this 'power' before?" Wong asked carefully. "One cannot simply use "Ki" in this fashion by mere accident, luck or coincidence. This involves specific training. It could be that you've merely forgotten this, or that it has been supressed from your concious mind."

"Try to think back, see if you can remember anything of your past. Your training. Perhaps there was a mentor. However, should you be unable to recall, there might be a way to unlock your memories, and perhaps even this 'power', if you indeed possess it."

Wong held his peace for a moment, regarded Michael

22. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Ambrose Charles Ambrose

The busboy had replied quickly, nice dilegent lad that one. He thought as he made his way to the exit as only one who knew the bar like the back of their hand could.

As he reached the door the mans face shifted, not good, at first he thought the woman might be trying to do something but as the man took the couple running steps and leapt, all such thoughts quickly left his mind as he reacted.

He dropped down his legs spread with one straight against the ground beyond the door and the other bent toward his flying assailant. His core likewise bent sideways towards the man with his hands coming up in an outstretched position over his head. Reaching to grab the man wherever a handhold best presented itself and instead of slowing his flight to give him a hand on his height and range so that the attacker would be flung out onto the cobblestone, with his legs as the lifting and fulcrum force aided by his core and arms. Those lessons in capuera just might be paying off in some helpful dividends.

TAG: Greyjedi125[face_mischief]

23. ShadowLeonheart

Nov 15, 2005
    Michael Lorado
    Monk?s village, Hong Kong

Michael listened to the monk before him. He was told about the situation he was in.... It still didn?t make any sense. He thought back through the years, touching on any memories of training.

"Once... I trained for swordsmanship competitions..." He began to say. "I trained under a new instructor. He was an old war buddy of my fathers. Apparently he had experience in the sword, perhaps even more then the sword. He thought me stances that would protect me in combat. He would tell me that these stances were a way for my body to absorb or project energy. I was intellectual and assumed he meant the basis of Jeet Kune Do. There was a stance for everything. There were ways to plant your feet into the ground and push forward, exponentially maximizing the power output of a push or punch. I never believed there to be anything supernatural about it though. He thought me ways to set my mind to redistribute strength and speed in my body. Ways to move as though I were a blur or ways to flex my muscles in defense, making them as tough as iron. And when it came time to train with the sword he taught me ways to manipulate the speed and weight of the steel. Ways to defend and block while presenting offensive stances. It was always about speed and power, but it was all based on discipline.? Michael spoke in remembrance.

?I really don?t know why this training is what comes to mind except for one reason. When I projected that energy from myself to the mugger and killed him..... I reflexively took an offensive stance I learned from my old instructor. I remember standing with my feet shoulder-width apart with my right side to him. I was standing normally until he pulled the gun. Then I spun clockwise full-circle ending in a horse stance. My posture was low and my left hand shot forward to meet with my right hand, which was already extending toward the mugger. At this point my instructor would have had me strike the enemy, if I were in range, or use the momentum of the spin and of the arms to roll forward. This would have evaded the bullet as I would connect with the enemy. In my case however, a bright blue energy shot forth from my hands and connected with the mugger from a distance. That is the only difference between my memories of training and the reality with the mugger. That is what you saw right?" Michael asked as his stomach began to grumble. He had just noticed he was sitting with the monk at the table awaiting a dinner which had not yet arrived. "What?s taking them so long, what?s for dinner?" Michael grinned.

Tag Grey

24. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    Kamiko Takahashi

Takahashi Estate, Kyoto, Japan

The monk took in the fact that Kamiko nearly fell for the feint but successfully made up for it by blocking and shoving off his own naginata regardless. Quick reaction.

The monk twirled his own weapon once quickly and prepared to get into a defensive stance when he noticed that the girl was already attacking. Focused eyes narrowed at his opponent and watched the incoming horizontal chop at his left incoming.

Moving fluidly he used one end of his naginata to come up under her own blade, deflecting it upwards and away from him. After which he spun clockwise and as he came out of it was using the other end to stab toward her with deadly accuracy.

Whether this rapid maneuver struck or not was anyone's guess.

Tag: spacelady

25. spacelady

spacelady Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    IC as Kamiko Takahasi

Kamiko's slice aimed at the monk's left side did nothing, as he was able to push a side of his naginata under her blade and sending it up in the air. She quickly tried to regain her hold on her weapon when she noticed him spinning and jabbing the other bladed end straight at her.

Fumbling, but only faintly, she twirled her own naginata to one, regain a strong grip, and two, deflect the monk's new attack. With skill and quick reactions, the young woman was able to send the middle of her weapon to colide with his and redirect it upward, as he did to her just a moment before.

I need to gain some distance. Kamiko mused as the monk worked to regain his hold. Then I will come at him again.

Immediately, her mind came up with an idea. Moving as swiftly as her body would allow, Kamiko pushed forward and made a feigning stab at the monk's mid section before quickly changing her weapon's direction and using the momentum to pull back and make a wide swing back at his left, open side. Whether it had hit or not, the young woman went back some steps to regain her defensive stance. In order to impress both the monks and her father, she would obviously need a winning hit, but until she felt confident the duel was in her favor, her stronger suit would be to hold defense and keep him at bay. But as soon as she would get through, Kamiko would let loose and 'go all out'.

Tag: Monks and Uksen

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.