main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tucson Drifting on the outer rim...

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by FORCEinept, Mar 17, 2006.

1. FORCEinept

FORCEinept Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 17, 2006
    Hey all,

I'm not from tucson, I've only been here a few years and all my friends (nerds in arms!) have either moved or lost touch... I found out that there was a tucson forum, so I'm checking it out. I was wondering what kinda stuff y'all do.

Sadly,
    FORCEinept

2. Mugen

Mugen Jedi Padawan star 4

May 7, 2005
    We are a dignified group of people that have great hearts for the betterment of mankind...and Tucson in mind. We are a charity orginization that uses STAR WARS and costuming to allow for the children and needy to positively be reminded that life is supposed to be a fun joyous adventure...and we help that. It is amazing how children stare, dumbfounded at us when they come around that corner...then they shyly walk up to us and ask.."Can I take a picture with you?" There is nothing more amazing to see than a child that has (for a moment) forgotten about the hardships, and cruelties brought upon them, needlessly in this cruel and dismal world. We grant them joy, amazement, a STAR WARS friend. And they are welcomed to it, in fact we are in debted to them, for the smiles they shine toward us. We love the kids and needy. That is why God created Lucas who in turn created the SW universe...that we were born from, to serve and help our fellow man...with no want of reward...except maybe a hug and a smile now and again. This is what we are, and we need more people who are willing to take up our torch and spread the joy that we can bring all together as a group...we could use you..and many, many more that are out there...if anything...for the children! [face_flag] (Sheesh, I cant believe that came from me!)

Welcome aboard! I am Frankie..the resident Clone Commander. We are proud to have you!

We can assist in the creating of costumes, lightsabers, jedi belts and such..so feel free to post regularly, and be welcomed to the up and coming meetings and events!!!!

3. hal9k1

hal9k1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2003
    Welcome

4. FORCEinept

Mar 17, 2006
    Wow... um, okay.
    Awesome. Thanks for the warm welcome. My name is Antone (anthony, but that's what everyone calls me) I definately love star wars. Children are awesome too! (good speach franky) I saw some posts about wanting to make a movie. I'd love to be a part of that, I've got some good technical backgrounds and some acting training. (I have an agent :cool: sadly, no jobs yet though.) I'm pretty much lacking in the costume department... I have the Vader voice changer mask, an okay leather cloak, and three of those oversized plastic lightsabers, heh. I pulled off a pretty bad version of vader for halloween. I'll try to post as often as I can, and am I correct in assuming there are meetings?

moi

5. Mugen

May 7, 2005
    yes, sir..there are meetings also just get togethers to work on blasters, lightsaber hilts, leather goods...sometimes just to hang out. We are really dedicated, and with the Nightwalker saber people we are motivated to do a short film about the early rise of the Empire...and the "confusion" it creates. Either way, we'd be glad to have you...since you have a black leather cloak..maybe if you had some calf high black boots, we coul throw together a Dark Jedi costume..we'll have to meet to figure out all the details.

Frankie

6. Boga-the-Magnificent

Boga-the-Magnificent Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 13, 2005
    OK, first off we are NOT dignified especially NOT Mugen. :p

But most of what he has said is true of the group . . . minus the dignified part.

At the top of this forum is a thread with a list of all of our useful threads, etc.

If you have questions, please ask. I'll be posting a list of upcoming events today hopefully. ;)

I added you to my myspace thing too!

7. FORCEinept

Mar 17, 2006
    Yeah, I was thinking of making a C3-P0 costume. Not sure how to do that Heh [face_batting]
    A dark jedi would be cool too, do we have any smuggler types though?

8. Boga-the-Magnificent

Boga-the-Magnificent Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 13, 2005
    One of the things we have found is that people are drawn to the more popular characters - Vader, Troopers, Chewie, Jawas, etc.

I've seen some great Han Solo costumes. There is a thread in the Costuming and Props forum for the Han Solo costume.

I also know that some people sell them on ebay. At C3 there was a person who sold the ESB jacket he was wearing [not the snow one].

What I've seen in the C3P0 costume thread is that the costume is very expensive to make.

9. Mugen

May 7, 2005
    We could use a Han. Me and the WOOK were just talking about that...a smuggler would be reallly really cool!

10. thatsMISTERwookiee

thatsMISTERwookiee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2005
    Greetings, and welcome to our madness that is the only TRUE reality. Okay, so I don't take a lot of things seriously, hence the bad pun, we could all use a "Han" on occasion. I am not trying to force a character on you, but if you bear any resemblence to either Harrison Ford or Mark Hamil, we, as a group, could use either a Han Solo or a Luke Skywalker. If you did go with the Han Solo, I've got my Chewie outfit, we could be a smuggling "team". Might look good at the events, too.
    Hey, you're the one that's gonna wear the costume, Antone, who is your gut telling you to go with?

11. FORCEinept

Mar 17, 2006
    Yeah, I've seen the prices on some premade, but great looking C3P0 costumes. It's outrageous. And as for looks, I can't say I really look like anyone, I may be able to pull of a generic jedi look, if anything. I posted my Myspace link above, you could let me know if you have any suggestions. BTW my hair is much shorter now... about the middle of my ears.

12. thatsMISTERwookiee

thatsMISTERwookiee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2005
    At first, based on the photo which shows you with blonde hair, I thought you could pull off a Luke, but at 6'3", you're over six inches taller than Mark Hamil. If you don't have a problem with the height difference, neither do I.
    That would be my suggestion. You mentioned a black cape, maybe Luke from ROTJ.
    If your hair is darker than I think, why not go for Han Solo? Again, it's your call.

13. FORCEinept

Mar 17, 2006
    Hmmm... Honestly, my first choice will always be C-3P0, but I can't quite afford that, heh :(
    Right now the only thing I'm working on is a blaster, so perhaps I can make a generic smuggler for now. It won't be hans blaster... those are way to hard to do...

14. Mugen

May 7, 2005
    It all comes but very slowly..I have full armor now, but it took me close to 6 months to reach that goal...and I started off with a Dark Jedi, went to a Nihilus, built a Jango Fett, and tried to do a Republic Commando..now I am a Commander Bly...go figure! So you see, we all get there sometime...we can help with the stuff you need, and construction of belts and weapons, and perhaps garb.

15. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    Yes, to Mugen you listen, good he is, help you he can.

Sorry, could not help my self.

He is the best source to talk to for prop making; he's quite creative and resourceful.

16. dialswiftjustice

dialswiftjustice Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    Wow I got all teary eyed! I vote for this as our mission statement!
    Nice to have you bro, Im Dustin the resident Vader and Tie Pilot (on off days), the best thing to do is just to come and hang out and get to know weveryone, we are slowly growiing, and hope to really get our name out this year with some great charities. Oh, and we are NOT specificially a costuming group, just fans that got together, and dressed up for one event realizing that wearing costumes for charities and the kids is really exihilerating. We could alsways use more friends to help out in the non cotumed aspet, or jsut to come to meetings to hang out watch movies, chat etc! There are really no obligations here (unless you want to be a voting meember).

DD

Go here to check out some of our past events,

http://photobucket.com/albums/a322/TucsonFanForce/?sc=3

17. FORCEinept

Mar 17, 2006
    Yeah, you guys are right. Whens the next meeting?

18. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    Next meeting seem to be the question of the day. We have a fuction in Phoenix in 3 weeks or so that might be the meeting unless we can get together and work a time and place out.

19. Mugen

May 7, 2005
    Alright, I will see if I can set something up here...

If we need to set up a meeting for late this month early next month so be it! I feel that we should because of the amount of interrest and functions that are up and coming. Since our house in more based cetral..I opt for a meeting here..so Cat can come without having to leave the house, also because it may be a central point(or close to it) for all.

We can set it for a weeekend, in the next couple of weeks...and this will allow to do some costume tune ups, help us to become 1 in mind as to wha is coming up, and to meet some new members! How about Sat the 1st? (we can do it on the 25th if needed)

20. dialswiftjustice

dialswiftjustice Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    :_| I can make it either way, and Ill be there for the "primer" meeting before PHX since I cant actually go

21. FORCEinept

Mar 17, 2006
    I have no commitments on the weekends... ever, So I'm always down for that, or a thursday.

22. Mugen

May 7, 2005
    cool, with you two, me Jake and Cat that is a good meeting. Hal will more than likely be able to come as well..so we will shoot for the 1st! Cool

23. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    I will

24. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    Was I always that predictable?