main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MOD DWH's away thread: flying home for a week

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Commander-DWH, Jan 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Commander-DWH

Commander-DWH Manager Emeritus star 4

Nov 3, 2003
    Having successfully delivered a movie, I was finally given a vacation that did not involve being laid off (hooray!), and so I'm taking the opportunity to go home for the first time in a year. I'll be around a little bit, but mostly I intend to sleep and see people I haven't seen in a long time.

See y'all in two weeks! [face_peace]

2. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    Have fun... of course I'm sure you will. :)

3. Commander-DWH

Nov 3, 2003
    Hey all, I'm going green for a while- I'm not only finishing up on my current project, but I was notified last week that there might not be work for me after it's over. That's life in the industry, but all the same, I need to take the necessary time to shop my resume around and hopefully find new work. I've got some excellent prospects, so here's hoping! :)

I'll be back after the film wraps on September 24. See you then!

4. Commander-DWH

Nov 3, 2003
    From now until 10/21, I'm fleeing the land of Oz and going on vacation, for New York Comic Con and my sister's wedding. It's going to be a glorious, glorious week and a half away from work. :D I might pop in a few times, but I'll mostly be reacquainting myself with the world before having to dive right back into crunch time when I get back.

See you all upon my return!

5. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Have fun!! I really wish I could have made it down to NYC to meet you!

6. Commander-DWH

Nov 3, 2003
    I wish you could have made it, too, it was tons of fun! And the free book haul from the Del Rey booth was pretty excellent this con- Essential Reader's Companion and Essential Guide to Warfare? Don't mind if I do! :p

That said, I'm back!

7. Commander-DWH

Nov 3, 2003
    Hey all, I am going to be away for the rest of the month of January. I have worked the last 10 days, will be working the next 7 days at minimum, and they're not actually promising us any days off the rest of the month. So... yeah. I will try to pop on from time to time, but I will mostly be either at work or asleep.

See you all on the other side!

8. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    Nope, I won't allow it... make them give you a day off!
    :p

Hang in there and don't work too hard!!

9. Commander-DWH

Nov 3, 2003
    Hey all, I'm out until next week Saturday, I have to fly back to the midwest for my grandmother's funeral. See you all again when I get back.

10. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    Sorry to hear about your grandmother. [:D]

11. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    Sorry about your grandmother. I hope you can catch up with the rest of your family; events like these seem to bring everyone together.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.