main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I.E., CA Eddie Izzard in Sexie

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Rogue_Granger, May 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rogue_Granger

Rogue_Granger Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 10, 2003
    Eddie Izzard, the beloved comedian and now Tony nominee(yay for Eddie!) will be touring his new stand up, SEXIE. He will be at the Wiltern theater in LA September 16-20. Ticket prices range from 40-60 bucks....I'm going, is anyone else interested?

www.eddieizzard.com

Edit: Thread locked per request

2. TDMRHDSpeeder

TDMRHDSpeeder Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 10, 2003
    I want to go. And the last show is two days before my B-day.

3. Anakin_Skywalker_X

Anakin_Skywalker_X Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 9, 2002
    WOW! well I am sure glad that are ?Vice President? could stop by and post one topic, that of witch has nothing to do with Star Wars, and not have time to do anything alts.
    (and in a low condescending voice)
    Thanks a lot for the info Court

Ps. O HELL YEAH I'M GOING!!!!!!!!

4. JawaGen

JawaGen Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 9, 2003
    well at least she brings us info that we didnt already know... like someone telling us about Indiana Jones on DVD which we jawas knew about for like weeks.....

btw id like to go because ive heard so many good things... but i'll have to wait to see about money because i actually have none!!!

5. Storm_Granger

Storm_Granger Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2003
    YES I AM GOING!!!!!!!!! I will start to save now!!!!!!!!!!

6. Hermione_Potter

Hermione_Potter Jedi Youngling

May 7, 2003
    Brandon are you a Eddie Izzard fan too...even more reason to love you!!!!!

7. tk-7603

tk-7603 Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 9, 2003
    who was this guy in star wars again?

8. OddeBogodde

OddeBogodde Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 24, 2002
    he wasn't in Star Wars, as I'm sure you already know.

Why do you ask?

9. DIABLO-FETT

DIABLO-FETT Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 14, 2003
    I know i'm going!

10. Anakin_Skywalker_X

Sep 9, 2002
    Hermione, [face_blush]

O and his not in Star War Jason, however he always has a Star Wars bit in every stand up he does.

11. Darth_Pat

Darth_Pat Jedi Youngling star 1

May 11, 2003
    I would never give my money to support that "guy" [face_plain]

12. Storm_Granger

Apr 7, 2003
    Why because he is a transvestite? Because he is different?

13. Kavic

Kavic Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 11, 2002
    whew...somebody's Phobic.

14. Darth_Pat

May 11, 2003
    Why because he is a transvestite?

You got it. :) I would not help support a transvestite/homosexual. That's just me.

15. TDMRHDSpeeder

TDMRHDSpeeder Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 10, 2003
    He's funny. Who cares that he's a transvestite.

16. OddeBogodde

Dec 24, 2002
    he's not a homosexual. And even if he was....you are saying that you wouldn't support someone based solely on the fact that they are homosexual?

That's wrong, that's bigotry and prejudication.

17. Darth_Pat

May 11, 2003
    Who cares that he's a transvestite.

I do.

you are saying that you wouldn't support someone based solely on the fact that they are homosexual?

Correct.

That's wrong, that's bigotry and prejudication.

No. I have the right to choose who I support. I do not agree with people who choose to live as a homosexual, therefore I will not support them. :)

18. Storm_Granger

Apr 7, 2003
    well I think that judging someone like you are doing is wrong and he is not a homosexual nor does he live like one (he is an execiutive, action transvestite)and you are allowed your opion and you are allowed to be wrong
    and judging someone because they are different then you is prejudication whether you like it or not. and i do happen to agree with you about not agreeing with homosexualality but that in no way means that i would ever not support or befriend or be a part that their lives, you can not agree with something that someone does without judgeing them and putting them down for it, they are different then you big deal, people do not have the right to judge on whether or not someone is different then themselves

19. Noelle_Kittie

Noelle_Kittie Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 19, 2003
    Hold on, gays and lesbians are no different than anyone else. Every feeling and emotion is exactally the same as a straight person. If unselfish love and devotion is in the picture, how can it be wrong? Granted everyone can say what they want (which is why I'm saying this), just be careful and make sure to bend a little bit. I'm glad you have convictions, we all need them but when you are talking about people, you have to open your mind a little bit and not just say NO and leave it at that. Doris Lessing(a feminist writer) once said, "Aculturally deprived person is one who is limited to his/her own experiences... through literature we are eduacted" Is it because you are afraid? Go to any therapist and that's what they'll tell you. Most people are afraid of different ways of thinking and that is why we see protestors protesting this way of living that they say is a choice (HA! If they only knew! ) Don't worry, you can't catch it. To help you out, have you tried reading up on the subject? And I'm not talking the book of Leviticus from the bible. I could direct anyone here to some fine literature if you wish. If you are afraid, I promise we won't take over the world. This is a definition of a homosexual (one I came up with anyways) : a person who is attracted to another person of the same sexs' body, mind, and soul. Homosexuality and homosexual attraction has nothing to do with sex. In our culture it sure seems like it. If a straight person is attracted to a person of the opposite sex, is it really all about sex? Sometimes, but not all the time, no. Why should there be rules for different variations of the same thing? I apologize for such a wordy response. This isn't directed to one person; it's for anyone who needs another perspective on things.

20. Anakin_Skywalker_X

Sep 9, 2002
    I am afraid that this conversation has turned, not only off topic but has turned into a dissection that is not appropriate do to the diversity of the people that happen to be on here. If this conversion continues I will have to kill this thread and I don?t really want to do that. However as far as I know, do to his own quotes in interviews, Eddie Izzard only uses the transvestite thing as a gimmick and is not one in real life. He just fills (and I agree) that walking out in high hells and lipstick only makes his movements and facial gestures all the more enhanced and way funnier. So he has a bet of a clown assents to him, but disguised as a transvestite.

21. Darth_Pat

May 11, 2003
    Sorry, Anakin_Skywalker_X, but I should be allowed to say one last thing. :)

and you are allowed your opion and you are allowed to be wrong

As you too are allowed to be wrong ;)

and judging someone because they are different then you is prejudication whether you like it or not

You can be different from me and that is okay. But I will not help support ANYONE who is a transvestite or homosexual by going to their show and giving them money. :)

22. Storm_Granger

Apr 7, 2003
    Sorry Brandon but I want to say one last thing as well....I am not trying to change your opion about it Pat and yes I am allowed to be wrong as well and I am not saying that I think any less of you as a person, it is just that judging people because they are different (to me) I think is really really wrong, but you also have to look at the fact the I am coming from a reliogus point of veiw and in trying to be as Christ-like as I can, not jugding people has always been a huge thing for me, because that is what tons of people think that Christians do they really think that we sit around amd judge people all day long, so I guess this really came from my pride in not wanting to look like one of thoose Christians who cant see past their nose because heaven forbid it might be diiferent then themselves, And Noelle has a really good point homosexuals are no different than us, we are making it sound like they are a different species, anyway, if I have upset you or said something that may have offened you I am truly sorry, and like I said I am not trying to change your mind on this, one thing I have learned is NEVER try to change a guys mind by arguing with him. and like Brandon said it is just a gimmic he is not really a transvestite. Ok I am done now, Pat are we still cool?

23. Storm_Granger

Apr 7, 2003
    OHH wait a minute on more thing and this is for Kavic "whew...somebody's Phobic" what in the world is that soppsed to mean?

EDIT... now I am done 8-} [face_plain]

24. OddeBogodde

Dec 24, 2002
    I think he was talking about homophobic? who knows, that guy is wacky.

25. JawaGen

JawaGen Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 9, 2003
    oh man i thought that we were rid of that Kavic guy... :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.