main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

KC, MO EL Lightsaber Building Night - 07/14/07

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by GsWookie, Jul 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GsWookie

GsWookie Jedi Master star 1

Feb 4, 2005
    What: Lightsaber Building Night
    When: July 14, 2007 6PM-til we are finished
    Where: LukeSkiewalker and Marajade' Crib - PM for address.
    Why: Because EVERYONE needs a lightsaber!!!

Okay I have told several of you about this over the last month or so and I decided it was high time I posted the details. This night will be reserved to make EL (electroluminescent) lightsaber blades. About a 2-4 weeks later I will have a couple of sessions to work on hilts as those seem to take a little bit more time.

For this first session you need the following:

Material List - 40" Blade

• 40" Long 3/4"OD 1/2"ID Polycarbonate tube
    • 40" minus length of mono plug Long 7/16"OD 5/16"ID Rigid high density polyethylene tubing - straightened
    • 17' 2.5mm High Bright EL wire
    • 3/4"OD Half round acrylic tip
    • 1/4" Mono plug
    • Allen head set screw
    For your convenience your can purchase a kit. Just choose your color

Material List - 24" Blade

• 24" Long 3/4"OD 1/2"ID Polycarbonate tube
    • 24" minus length of mono plug Long 7/16"OD 5/16"ID Rigid high density polyethylene tubing - straightened
    • 10' 2.5mm High Bright EL wire
    • 3/4"OD Half round acrylic tip
    • 1/4" Mono plug
    • Allen head set screw
    For your convenience I have created a registry where all you have to do is add all of the items to your cart. For the color just choose one. Click here for the shopping list.

The total cost with UPS Ground is $50.43 for 40" and $40.96 for 24". However, from past experience the shipping is pretty much a flat rate so if you want to save on shipping I suggest anyone wanting to participate in this do a group order.

Please note at this time I do not plan on having extra supplies available. But you are more than welcome to use my tools. If you want to come and just observe you are more than welcome to do so. The instructions we will use can be found here. I used this method to make my last blade and it turned out great.

FOR THE LATEST UPDATES ON THIS PLEASE CHECK HERE.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.