main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars OPEN Elite League Limmie

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Trieste, May 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

--Free Agent List-- (Last team they were on listed last)
    Charis (Midfielder, Nagai, Female, Alsakan)
    Mali Ja'maako (Midfield, Bothan, Female, Nar Shaddaa)
    Saria Mantissa (Left Half Forward, Human, Female, Bakura)
    Jed Ortmeyer (Right Half Back, Human, Male, Bakura)
    Kylie Reed (Goaltender, Human, Female, Bakura)
    Rhyna Tavagana (Left Half Forward, Human, Female, Bakura)
    Loris Von (Midfielder, Nagai, Male, Alsakan)

TAG: Anyone who wants one of them!

2. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Kerry Trieste
    Trieste residence, Salis D?aar, Bakura

The seven story building that Fionn Trieste had erected in northeastern Salis D?aar was no longer inhabited by his children now that they were all married and had households and children of their own. Kerry had lived there when she had been a Bakuran Senator representing northeast Salis D?aar and Siona had lived there as Minister of State until she had been assigned to Naboo. Today, the building was largely shut up and only used on rare occasions that it behooved the Triestes to entertain large numbers in Salis D?aar.

Today Kerry had instructed that the seventh floor be readied for her use, even though she was only going to be hosting two guests. Usually the Prime Minister of Bakura never had to wait for anyone. However, today she arrived early. She very much wanted to be there when her visitors arrived. It gave Kerry time to pick out what sort of alcohol she was going to serve today.

Dan Roslyn arrived first, as Kerry had suspected that she would. They didn?t exchange many words between each other. Dana just took a seat on one of the couches in the large lounge that would be the scene of this meeting. She had brought no notes with her to this meeting. Some people might have thought it indicated a certain laxity on the part of the General Manager. Kerry was quite sure from past experience that Roslyn kept everything she?d need to know for today?s meeting in her head.

The pair sat in relative silence for another three minutes. At exactly one minute before the hour, the doors to the hoverlift slid open and out stepped a woman of an allure that made one immediately assume she was Hapan. That assumption was correct.

Born on Hapes Prime, Aileen Wynn had been athletically gifted from a young age. The fact that she had also been sufficiently attractive meant that she actually stood a chance of making it in Hapan sports. It wasn?t good enough to play well?you had to look good doing it too. Sure enough, the auburn haired girl made the cut for the Hapes Consortium Buccaneers, which was traditionally one of the few all-female teams in Limmie. Consequently, the C-Bucs, as they were known, were welcome visitors throughout the galaxy as male attendance tended to be higher for visits by the Hapan team.

Wynn was a promising half forward with the C-Bucs and was marked for great things. Then, in the Crown Rivalry against the Empress Teta Pikemen, Wynn blew out her knee at the tender age of 23. Only four hours after she was carted off the field in a hoversled, Wynn found out that even with rehabilitation her career as a Limmie player was over. The news was crushing to Wynn, whose life was for all intents and purposes over.

The next season, however, Wynn applied for a job as an assistant coach on the C-Bucs team and, half out of pity, was given one. Three years later she was the head coach for the Buccaneers, who were then relegated to the Premier League. Two years later in 247 Wynn?s work was rewarded with a return to the Elite League for Hapes. In 249 she brought the Commissioner?s Trophy to Hapes. The next year she hoisted the Galactic Cup.

253, however, saw the C-Bucs slip back into the Premier League after a couple years of disappointing play. However, Wynn didn?t stay out of the Elite League for long. In 257 Wynn was hired to replace Limmie legend Tan Strensky as coach of the storied Chandrila Patriots franchise, who had just won the 256 Galactic Cup. Many felt that the change in coaching would prevent the Patriots from defending their title.

Those people were wrong. Chandrila played the Corellia Rebels to the buzzer in the 257 Galactic Cup Final, narrowly missing pulling off a repeat. The next year, Wynn led the Patriots to a third consecutive Final and this time hammered the Mon Calamari Mariners for another championship, making her the only person in Commissioner Crendan?s sixteen year tenure to win a Galactic Cup with two different teams.

However, that had been the last high point. Wynn missed the playoffs for two

3. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Approved

Character Sheet
    [image=http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx302/jedisully/alyson.jpg]
    Team: Bakura Miners
    Name: Aileen Wynn
    Species: Hapan
    Birth year: 218
    Physical appearance: 5?6?, thinly built with auburn hair
    Homeworld: Hapes Prime
    Relation to Team: Head Coach
    Brief Biography: Her career as a Limmie player ended by a knee injury at the tender age of 23, Wynn hit the coaching ranks early in life. She rebuilt the Hapes Consortium Buccaneers taking them from the Premier League to Galactic Cup champions in the span of just five years. She was the only coach in the Crendan Era to win two Galactic Cups with two different teams (Hapes and Chandrila). Hired by the Miner organization to rebuild their struggling team, Aileen has a two year contract with the Miners to implement her plan for a power offense coupled with physical play.

Aileen has always been an outspoken figure in the Elite League. She has been fined by the Commissioner?s office for public criticism of the League on one previous occasion. She almost always speaks her mind in the bluntest terms possible, which has led to a public feud with Smugglers? head coach Tover Micjaa. Furthermore, Aileen has a high profile rivalry with her own sister, Sybil Wynn, the one-time coach of the Naboo Ducks, now a scout with the Smugglers. The pair usually engages in wage a war of words through the intergalactic press prior to games against each other (called the Wynn-Wynn Situation), often culminating in shouting matches and near-fist fights on the pitch during pregame practices.

4. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

263 Elite League Limmie: We'll Meet Again

We'll meet again
    Don't know where, don't know when
    But I know we'll meet again some sunny day...

When the dust settled on the pitch, it was Dirxx Horstse who raised the Galactic Cup over his head. In that moment, the Coruscant Senators went from whipping boys to Galactic Cup champions. It was impossible that this ragtag group in just their first year of new ownership should actually bring the Galactic Cup back to the Core. It hadn't been easy, but it had been well worth it. Throughout the galaxy, owners, general managers, coaches, players, and fans all sat and watched the Coruscanti jubilation and they all thought to themselves, It could be us next year.

Now it is next year. The 263 season fast approaches and the League is beginning to make its final determination about who would make the cut and who wouldn't. Players are being signed as teams fill their holes, training camps will soon begin, and everybody's looking for that extra push that's going to make them a champion.

And on Coruscant, nobody is saying it, but a lot of beings are thinking about the 204 & 205 Ithor Herders, the only team to ever win back-to-back Galactic Cups. Maybe, they think, Just maybe...

Current Teams in the League
    --Alsakan Flyers [NickLitYouAFlame, Corso Wey (owner and player)]
    --Bakura Miners [Trieste, Aileen Wynn (head coach)]
    --Coruscant Senators [JEDIGUNSHIP, Gark S'rily (general manager)]
    --Nar Shaddaa Smugglers [Liam_Vehn, Rhia Grames (general manager)][/quote]

First Game On July 24, schedule released on July 21

5. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

--Player Transaction Wire--

Nar Shaddaa Smugglers
    --Jed Ortmeyer (Human, Male, Left Corner Forward) signed as a free agent
    --Laryssa Oneida (Human, Female, Midfield) signed to an entry-level contract from Vertical City University
    --Dawn Rysen (Togruta, Female, Midfield) signed to an entry-level contract from Vertical City University

TAG: Liam

6. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Aileen Wynn
    Bakura Miner offices, Salis D?aar, Bakura

Aileen looked around her new digs on Bakura. Though the Miners had provided her with an apartment in the city until she could find one for herself, the truth was that she?d be spending a most of her time in this office. Early in the morning, late at night, from now until the end of the season this room was probably going to be her life.

She didn?t know how much of the layout was leftover from Mick Hancock?s tenure, but in general the office was going to do. A quick inspection had revealed that the couch pulled out into a full length bed. The giant holoboard on one wall was fully enabled to switch between the diagram of a Limmie field and projecting the display from Aileen?s desk terminal. The large windows on one wall opened out onto southeast Salis D?aar, a largely working neighborhood, but luckily not industrial. It was off behind the rows of short apartment buildings that the city center could be seen and off to the right was the Bakuran Senate Complex and the public greens that included Marian Square. It wasn?t a bad view at all.

A knock sounded at the door. Aileen turned to see Dana in the doorway.

?I hope these will do for you?? Roslyn asked.

?They will,? Aileen said, ?Just needs a couple plants that will look good for three days and then I?ll forget to water them.?

?You know, we do have droids on Bakura now for that sort of thing,? Dana said, ?By the way, catch the Times this morning?? She crossed to the holoboard and tapped it to revert it the HoloNet archive. The morning sports section of the Salis D?aar Times had a picture of Kerry, Dana, and Aileen from the press conference the day before and the headline ?BAKURA GIRLS? followed by the byline, ?Fine, Fresh, Fierce ? Have They Got It??

?Catchy,? Aileen said as she took in the writing.

?Knowing the Times I?m shocked they didn?t spell it G-U-R-L-S,? Roslyn said disparagingly, ?Though this is the first time that the GM and Head Coach have both been women in the franchise?s history.?

?It?s not like the Miners have had a grand tradition of female coaches seeing as two of the three are in this room,? Wynn observed.

?Indeed. Now, to come to business. We have four roster spots to fill,? Roslyn said, ?The defense obviously needs upgrading and the linchpin of that is going to be goaltending. We?re going to need a full season starter.?

?And Rodges is not going to cut it,? Aileen said as she leaned against her desk.

?Agreed. We signed a kid out of Atalanta University two years ago and have farmed him out to the Commenor Gundarks for the last two years to develop him in the Premier League and collect a loaner fee for him,? Roslyn said, ?Name?s Elke Andwol.?

?Look, Dana, I know that you?re the GM here, but I do want to be involved in the personnel decisions for this team,? Aileen said, ?Let me see this kid first before you put him on the squad.?

?Aileen, your role here is to coach the talent on-field. I provide you with that. I know you?ve worked as a GM/Head Coach before, but that?s not how it?s going to work here and you know the reason why,? Dana said.

?It wouldn?t be because I made Cally Thrace a champion on Hapes after you guys got rid of her, would it?? Aileen asked. The question was just a bit of a twist of a knife since Roslyn had made that firing herself back in the day.

?Two words,? Roslyn said, ?Helena Forsythe.?

?Oh for the love of the Force!? Aileen exclaimed, ?Are you going to join the very long list of people riding me for that??

?You had the opportunity to sign the perfect replacement for Reina Kether, a woman who doubtless is going to be inducted into the Hall of Fame later this year, a Chandrilan who wanted to play for Chandrila and you took Julianne Light from Corellia instead? She probably would have gone cheap too just to play for the Pats!? Roslyn said with no small amount of exasperation, ?And instead your snub caused her to become your sister?s best friend and star prize which is why she went to Naboo and is now with the S

7. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    IC: Rhia Grames

"Wipe that off your face, Jed! This offensive unit doesn't take any slackers. We signed you on this team to help us win. You're not playing for the Miners any longer. We run a tight offensive unit, keep running!" Yelled Head Coach Tover Micjaa from the sidelines as General Manager Rhia Grames prowled along the edge of the field examining the new talent.

Jed Ortmeyer, newly signed Left Corner Forward of the Nar Shaddaa Smugglers and former defensive player for the Bakura Miners, had just vomited over his practice jersey. The heat inside the Nar Shaddaa Smuggler's training facility at New Vertica was stifling, oppressive, and deliberate. The players were forced to practice in the heat to gain just a slight advantage over opponents when playing at Six Boroughs, a stadium known for its high temperatures to keep the chill generated by the city out.

"That's it, Dawn, that's it!" Micjaa encouraged, watching the two midfielders, Laryssa Oneida and Dawn Rysen completing a difficult drill. Both were young, inexperienced, and pliable. Just the way Micjaa and Rhia Grames liked them.

The whistle sounded shrill and loud. The call echoed around the walls of the domed training facility. Practice was over. But for General Manager Rhia Grames and Head Coach Tover Micjaa, the work was just beginning.

"Heard about Aileen Wynn?" Grames asked.

"Poster girl for the Miners, now. No doubt she will be leaving her mark on the organization," Micjaa muttered, taking a drink of water.

"Makes the rivalry between the Miners and Smugglers that much more interesting," Rhia exclaimed.

"Definitely have to plan for it. Wynn is no push over. That woman can brawl," Micjaa replied, suiting up for a private workout out on the pitch. Something he liked to do to keep his skill set at the required level.

Rhia chuckled and replied, "You'll be ready for her, Tover. Same Wynn, different team."

"If you say so," Tover responded, "You up for a friendly skirmish?"

"I haven't played in years," Rhia said with an air of embarrassment.

"Why don't you show me a thing or two. Go suit up and I'll meet you on the field in a few minutes," Micjaa said.

Rhia couldn't turn down an opportunity to play the game again, even in a one on one setting. Within minutes she was on the pitch and showing Tover Micjaa, a friend and former player, a thing or two.

8. NickLitYouAFlame

NickLitYouAFlame Jedi Master star 5

Feb 27, 2007
    Corso Wey
    Wey Villa

Corso sat, entertained and contemplative, as Trist Lorn, his ever vigilant Team Manager, berated for not doing his part in filling out the 263 Alsakan Flyers' roster. He patiently waited until she wore herself out yelling. Then, he stood, and put a hand over her mouth. In the background, Ailus, Corso's LHF and Trist's fiancee and bodyguard, chuckled at the situation.

When Trist was quiet, Corso left his hand drop and turned away from her. He spoke facing out at the city, but loud enough to be heard.

"I just received a call from one of my cousins, on Serroco. They've got a university team there which has been producing quite a few interesting prospects. But, there's one in particular that interests this team. Sinn Toa, a particularly agile Nautolan, just graduated from the University. She wasn't heralded for her play, because she's a midfielder, but my cousin goes to the school and has seen her in action. She's leading the planet's University league in assists."

Trist stared at Corso, with her mouth open, speechless. Corso took that as an opportunity to continue.

"I rather thought you might like to go talk to Sinn, since you might be able to better relate to her aspirations of world-renown."

Corso smiled and nodded at Ailus, who returned the gesture. As he was leaving the room, Trist found her voice.

"Yeah, well, where do you think you are going?"

Corso called over his shoulder, a smirk on his face.

"I've got a meeting with a Chiss about playing Limmie for Alsakan."

Tag: No one

9. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

Alsakan Flyers
    --Sinn Toa (Nautolan, Female, Midfield) signed from Serocco National University
    --Faul'alo'csapla, a.k.a. Faul, (Chiss, Center Half Forward) signed from the Csillan League

[b]IC:[color=darkblue]Aileen Wynn[/color][/b]
    [i]Bakura Miner offices, Salis D?aar, Bakura[/i]

The last Aileen had heard, Roslyn was in negotiations to sign a couple rookies to fill their offensive holes. The General Manager was currently on Coruscant trying to recruit the Coruscant Univeristy half forward standout Autumn Graves. She was a powerfully built forward and had excellent speed. She?d be perfect for a power offense, but she was playing cagey with Roslyn in negotiations. There were whispers she was being courted by several other teams. When you were the last place team in the Elite League, you were not exactly the first team people wanted to sign with.

In a shocking recruiting stretch, Roslyn was also headed out to Bastion to interview a kid named Dorf Landa. He had come up through the highly structured Imperial athlete development system and was only going to increase the number of Human High jeers the Miners faced, but he was a frigging good player. If Graves was fast and strong, Landa was strong and oh-my-Maker-he-just-trampled-me. From what Roslyn?s scouting was indicating Landa had the opportunity to be a transformative force in Limmie. This guy could change how Half Forwards played the game from here on out. Aileen had no problem wishing Roslyn good luck in signing that kid.

With Elke Andwol being called up to fill in goal, that meant that the Miners only had one spot to fill?Right Half Back. Aileen?s holoboard hadn?t switched from the field view in three days. Each position had the picture of a player in it?the existing roster plus Graves and Landa on the assumption that Roslyn could sign them to entry level contracts. She kept tapping her finger on that Right Half Back position.

The Miners had size. Rhyric Loayen?Ingbrand winner. Rean Facin?Ingbrand nominee. Garen Deo?a pupil of the Tover Micjaa system, which Aileen begrudgingly had to admit worked. Askah Kol?bad Freshman year but there were a lot of champions who could say that. Kent Waffen?a solid player who?d earned where he was today through hard work. All of them men. All of them [i]big[/i] men. This was the defense that had yet to lose to the Kashyyyk Rangers in the regular season and it took a heck of a squad to stand up to a bunch of Wookiees and Trandoshans.

That was well and good, but big players were slow. That much had been proven by history. If you could outrun those defensemen, you were home free. And that?s what teams had done all season long. What this defense needed was something to give it some pop. It needed a bit of speed in there?

Aileen suddenly began to go through the flimsi on her desk, which had grown cluttered over the last five days.

?Sithspit, where is it?? Aileen said as she tried to find that? ?Aha!?

Though she wasn?t a GM anymore, Aileen hadn?t cut herself off from her old contacts who passed along interesting scouting reports. The longer she looked at this report in particular, the more Aileen was intrigued by the prospect. [i]Yes, this could work well?[/i]

But given Roslyn?s attitude towards her helping out, Aileen didn?t know if she would just be wasting her breath. Well, beings around the Elite League said that Aileen was full of hot air, so at least she wouldn?t miss it.

She popped her head out of her office and looked for someone of an assistant nature. ?Can somebody find out if Roslyn is available for a holoconference?? she asked.

?I just came from her office. I think I heard she?s on her way to Bastion right now.?

Aileen cursed and went back into her office. She picked up a comm. ?Dana, it?s Aileen. You?ll get this the next time you drop out of hyperspace. Look, the roster is your call, but there?s somebody I think you need to see. It?s a little outside of this franchise?s comfort zone, but it?s doable.? Aileen too

10. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    IC: Gark S'rily

It was one of the last Training Camp practices for the Senators, and most of the players who were going to be cut from the team had already been dismissed. However, a couple players fighting for reserves spots kept up a high level of intensity; it wasn't every day that you could make a League Championship squad through open tryouts. However, the roster seem still stacked; no one had decided to leave in the off-season, with most players signing new contracts to keep them on the team at least another season, with some team options for a second season involved as well. No one had changed positions, so the offense had been able to run as smoothly as it had during the previous season on Day 1, with the rust that occured on the first couple practices wearing off quickly. Gark sat on one of the team benches, evaluating how the team was doing in their drills. The starters ran through the obstacles with ease, showing why they had won a championship. The reserves weren't quite as comfortable, whether it was that they were intimidated or they just weren't as good. The comlink in his jacket started to vibrate, and Gark dug down into the pocket to find it. The comlink eventually emerged, as he had had trouble finding it in a pocket full of papers on prospects and team workout drills. "Yes?" he said as he switched on the receiver.

"Sir, we think that we have a possible new prospect."

This was a common occurance. The scouting department was always vigilant, trying to find talent to fill out roster spots. However, a lot of these players would never make it in the Elite League; some couldn't handle the professional game. However, Gark was always interested in hearing about new players, just in case the need arose for a hardy and talented substitute during the season. "Go on."

"Name is Narvels. He's a Gungan from Lower Midtown Community College. Not sure how he got there in the first place, but he appears to be a solid prospect."

A Gungan? Gark thought to himself. They were known for being tall and somewhat clumsy, which would work in certain aspects of the game but not others. Ballhandling was always a problem for them, and a lot of people in the Limmie world knew that for a fact. "I need a little more info, here," Gark said. "How are the ballhandling skills?"

"Apparently he has some pretty good footwork. Although he wasn't exactly a high goal-scorer at the Community College, he racked up quite a few assists. I think he got 50 to 55 last season. Not a lot of turnovers, either; sounds like a good set-up man for the offense if he can post those kinds of numbers."

What position does he play?"

"Both Half Forwards, I think. He also played a little Corner Forward, but I wouldn't exactly call him a good prospect there."

"We've got some good players at those positions already. I'm not sure if we have space."

"I think that this kid has a lot of raw talent. You could always sign him and assign him to the farm team; then you could get a better look at him than just by watching holovids."

"I'll get back to you. Gotta watch the rest of practice." Gark turned off the comlink and set it next to him. The player sounded enticing, with his eye-popping assists numbers, but there could always be a lot of flaws to his game as well. Gark was looking for solid players with sound skills, not flashy players with lots of upside but a lot of issues that could prove that player to eventually be a bust. The positions that this prospect played were occupied by good players; Corshisha and Cam Veryist weren't perfect, but they helped keep the flow of the offense going. How much could a Gungan really help them?

Things suddenly changed. Gark, lost in thought, abruptly shot back into reality as he saw a couple players stopping their drills to watch. Gark, being a short person, couldn't see past some of them, and wondered what they could be staring at. He sat up and started to walk over there; he wa

11. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Aileen Wynn
    Tinta, Hapes Cluster

?You know, I was never very popular here,? Dana Roslyn said as she descended the ramp of the shuttle she had chartered from Bastion.

?Lucky for you I was,? Aileen Wynn replied, ?How?d things go??

?Signed Landa and Graves,? Roslyn said, ?They?ll be on Bakura in a week. Probably didn?t make any friends when doing so. I was tempted to hire a couple of mercenaries to make sure Landa got off Bastion but decided against it.?

?This isn?t going to be a time when either of us is going to make a lot of friends,? Aileen said as she got into a speeder with Roslyn, ?Limmie grounds, please.?

?Her name is Adanna Inviere,? Aileen said as she and Roslyn sat in the stands for the Hapes Cluster Junior League. It was one of the many developmental Limmie leagues in the galaxy. It was also the Hapes Consortium Buccaneers? biggest recruiting source. Dana and Aileen?s presence here would eventually be noticed (if it hadn?t been already) and would cause a stir in the C-Bucs organization?just like the presence of somebody else?s Head Coach and GM would at a Bak10 game. Of course, this sort of thing happened all the time, but that didn?t mean anybody liked it.

?She?s tall,? Roslyn said as she looked through her macrobinoculars at the half forward who was racing down the field, ?And [i]fast[/i].?

It went without saying that all of the players on the field were female. Never would the Hapans allow a fine sport like Limmie to be messed up by men. Sure, they might let them kick a bolo-ball around in a neighborhood game, but they weren?t going to spend the effort training them in a formal League.

Adanna Inviere stood at over two meters tall with a lithe frame that looked as powerful and speedy as it was. Her shoulder length pale blonde hair was oh-so Hapan. However, the way that she played was not. There was an appreciative ?oh!? from the crowd as Inviere lowered her shoulder and sent the brunette ball carrier of the opposing team flying. Just as impressively, Inviere plucked the now-loose ball out of the air and immediately hurled it downfield.

?My Maker,? Roslyn said, still watching through her macrobinoculars, ?She?ll fit right in with the boys.?

?Not if you ask her,? Aileen said.

?Right. You Hapans and men,? Dana said with a nod.

?Can you blame us??

?Honestly, no.?

Aileen looked at the clock. ?We need to go now.?

?There?s fifteen minutes left,? Roslyn said, ?I want to see how she finishes out.?

?Her coach is Amelia Helfer,? Aileen said, standing from her aisle seat, ?I played with her on the C-Bucs. She?s just as conservative as a coach as she was as a player. Adanna won?t play more than three more minutes in the game as one of her young stars. She?d lose her job if Adanna got injured. Besides, we need to get down to the locker room before someone from the C-Bucs puts out a hit on us.?

?You?re joking,? Roslyn said.

?Not as much as I?d like to be,? Aileen mumbled, ?This is the Hapes Cluster after all.?

[hr]
    ?So you?re from the Bakura Miners?? Adanna said, still in a state of leery disbelief.

Aileen had parlayed her way into the locker room with Dana and been able to draw Inviere off into a corner for a somewhat private conversation.

?Yes,? Roslyn said. Introductions had already been made.

?You?re [i]the[/i] Dana Roslyn,? Adanna asked.

?Yes.?

?And you both want to sign me to a contract? In the Elite League??

?In all honesty, there?s still some uncertainty about whether we?re coming back,? Roslyn replied, ?but we probably are.?

Adanna ran a hand through her hair. ?Sithspit. I mean [i]Sithspit[/i]. You know I?ve got an agent, right? She?s telling me the C-Bucs want me for their reserves, maybe midseason starter. Have you even talked to my agent??

?No, and that?s because I know how things work here,? Aileen said, ?I was in your shoes?? Aileen didn?t want to say before Adanna had been born, which was true, because she was going to sound so incredibly old if she said that, ??once. I played for the C-Bucs. It can be a brutal organization with the way they

12. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

Coruscant Senators
    --Narvals (Gungan, Male, Half Forward) of Lower Midtown Community College, Coruscant, signed
    Bakura Miners
    --Elke Andwol (Human, Male, Goaltender) recalled from Commenor Gundarks via option in player transfer agreement
    --Autumn Graves (Human, Female, Right Half Forward) of Coruscant University signed to entry-level contract
    --Adanna Inviere (Hapan, Female, Right Half Back) of Tinta Juniors signed to entry-level contract
    --Dorf Landa (Human, Male, Left Half Forward) of Bastion Imperial AC signed to entry-level contract

Tag: Jedigunship, Trieste

13. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Aileen Wynn
    Bakura Miners practice facility, southwest Salis D?aar

This was her team. All fifteen positions were filled. Though every face was new to Aileen, only ten of last year?s starters were still in the room. It had been a very rough offseason for the Miners and those were the ones that had an impact.

Today was the first team meeting, the beginning of training camp. It wasn?t the most important day of the season for Aileen Wynn, but it was near the top.

?All right,? Aileen said to get the attention of the room, ?A lot of you probably know who I am, but my mother always taught me to introduce myself when I was the new girl in the room. My name is Aileen and that?s what I liked to be called, but I answer to ?Coach?, ?Wynn?, and apparently a lot of curse words too.?

That got some chuckles from some of the players. Objective one, break the ice: accomplished.

?What?s more important than that is why I?m here. I am not here for a paycheck. I am not here to win awards.? Unlike a certain cowboy on Nar Shaddaa who?s got so many Langanns that he probably uses them as doorstops, Aileen thought. ?And I?m certainly not here to make friends.

?I?m here to win the Galactic Cup. That?s it.?

She let that sink in.

?Some people in this room have done that. Congratulations. You know what it takes to climb the mountain. For those of you who don?t, it?s not easy. It?s painful. Opposing players will maul you on the pitch and probably not get penalized. Every point you score will likely be accompanied by a brutal tackle that will take you to the ground. You will hurt when you go to bed and when you wake up in the morning. Champions are only glorious when they lift the Galactic Cup. Until that moment, they are battered, bruised, tired, and look like they have just been through a war.

?This team has forgotten that this game is more like war than ballroom dancing. Fancy plays look great on the highlight reels, but you know what looks better? Winning. This team has forgotten what it takes to win. But this is a team that, I swear to Maker, has the soul in it as I look at all of you.

?I know last season was brutal. Heck, it wasn?t much better for me,? Aileen said as she slowly looked from one player to the next, ?I don?t care what you did last season, how good you were, or how badly you sucked. The past is the past. It?s not important anymore.

?What is important is every single being in this room. This is not a room full of haphazardly thrown together athletes. Everyone here has a role, myself included. This is not an all-star team. In case you never noticed, all-star teams don?t do that well. It?s the teams that play together, with everyone understanding their part, that win. It?s teams that win.

Aileen paused and sized up the room again.

?Many of you have probably heard this talk before, but here?s something you probably haven?t heard before: from here on out, I will live and die with you. There will be good times and there will be bad. I will ask a lot of every single being in this room over and over and over again, but I will not ask you to give more than I'd give or more than you?ve got. All I ask is that you give everything you?ve got. Because what you?ve got inside you is greatness. And I believe.?

The atmosphere in the locker room just sat there, pregnant, nobody breathing, everyone looking at Aileen.

?Now, if anyone in this room is not on the pitch in two minutes, you?ll be doing sit ups for the rest of practice today,? Aileen said with complete seriousness. She put a whistle to her lips and blew a quick trill on it to make her point.

Players scrambled off of benches and out of chairs to make it to the pitch.

Objective two, make them believe: accomplished.

Objective three, establish authority: accomplished.

Objective four, make them winners...well, that one was just beginning.

Tag: No one

14. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

From the Holonet Sports Network

263 Elite League Schedule Announced
    Surprising Additions to League

CORUSCANT--Commissioner Kayl'hen unveiled the 263 Elite League schedule and announced which teams would not be returning this year. As expected, the Naboo Ducks have been demoted to the Premier League after failing to make the 262 playoffs. The Mon Calamari Mariners will not play the Elite League for the first time in 17 seasons. According to Kayl'hen, the Mariners requested the demotion to retool and refocus their team in the less challenging Premier League.

What truly shocked the sporting world was not the fact that Bakura remains in the Elite League (which was widely expected), but who Kayl'hen chose to fill the two vacant spots. The Ord Mantell Scrappers and Kuat Triforce have not played Elite League for over a dozen years but are finally back in the game. "The strides that these two teams have made in the Premier League have demonstrated that they are clearly ready for to return to the Elite League," Kayl'hen said in her announcement, "They're going to be able to immediately compete from week 1, just as Alsakan did last year."

The League also announced that Hapes will host the 263 Galactic Cup Final this year. "We're very excited to be partnering with the Consortium for this year's Final," Kayl'hen said, "The Royal Limmie Grounds are an exceptional facility that will be a wonderful backdrop for the galaxy's biggest sporting event."

The Schedule
    Week 1
    Nar Shaddaa Smugglers at Chandrila Patriots
    Coruscant Senators at Ord Mantell Scrappers
    Kashyyyk Rangers at Bakura Miners
    Kuat Triforce at Alsakan Flyers

Week 2
    Kashyyyk Rangers at Nar Shaddaa Smugglers
    Kuat Triforce at Bakura Miners
    Ord Mantell Scrappers at Chandrila Patriots
    Coruscant Senators at Alsakan Flyers

Week 3
    Chandrila Patriots at Kuat Triforce
    Nar Shaddaa Smugglers at Alsakan Flyers
    Bakura Miners at Ord Mantell Scrappers
    Coruscant Senators at Kashyyyk Rangers

Week 4
    Ord Mantell Scrappers at Kuat Triforce
    Bakura Miners at Chandrila Patriots
    Alsakan Flyers at Kashyyyk Rangers
    Nar Shaddaa Smugglers at Coruscant Senators

Week 5
    Nar Shaddaa Smugglers at Kuat Triforce
    Alsakan Flyers at Ord Mantell Scrappers
    Bakura Miners at Coruscant Senators
    Chandrila Patriots at Kashyyyk Rangers

Week 6
    Ord Mantell Scrappers at Kashyyyk Rangers
    Alsakan Flyers at Chandrila Patriots
    Kuat Triforce at Coruscant Senators
    Bakura Miners at Nar Shaddaa Smugglers

Week 7
    Kuat Triforce at Kashyyyk Rangers
    Ord Mantell Scrappers at Nar Shaddaa Smugglers
    Alsakan Flyers at Bakura Miners
    Chandrila Patriots at Coruscant Senators

Important OOC note: This season we're going to try slowing the pace down. There will now only be one game a week, which will be played on Sunday. The purpose of this is to give people more time to put together posts without feeling like they're under the gun every three days. It is also hoped that this will result in a little more interaction between players when their teams meet, the opportunities for which felt very limited and hurried last season.

Tag: Everybody!

15. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Aileen Wynn
    Bakura Miners offices, Salis D?aar, Bakura

Aileen Wynn was not happy about it. Unfortunately, there wasn?t anything she could do about it.

The 263 season schedule had been released and it was not a pretty one as far as Aileen was concerned. Home games against Kashyyyk and Kuat to start. That wasn?t so bad. What was bad was the utterly ridiculous four game road trip square in the middle of the season. From Bakura they would have to go across the entire galaxy to Ord Mantell, then go into the Core for Chandrila and Coruscant, which luckily were essentially next to each other, then all the way to the Outer Rim for Nar Shaddaa, before finishing it all off with a half-galaxy trip back to Bakura. The only thing worse would have been if they?d alternated home games with away games every week, which would have worn the team down so badly that an extended playoff run would be impossible.

But four road games in a row was going to be rough. It was going to require an incredible discipline by the team. Aileen didn?t have much time to instill that, but she had two home games.

Last season Bakura had gotten off to a rough start. With a 4 game road trip, those two home games were going to be critical to setting the stage for the season. A strong start would be a huge boon going onto that road trip. If they could take the Rangers and Triforce, Aileen could afford to split the road trip?and she?d be ecstatic if she could go into week 7 at 4-2.

?Frak me,? Roslyn said as she held up a datapad with the schedule, ?A four game road trip? I swear the League is trying to kill us.?

?They?ve never been my biggest fans,? Aileen said.

?You haven?t been their biggest fan,? Roslyn replied.

?They get their due from me when they earn it,? Aileen replied, ?You need to start negotiating for practice facilities on Ord Mantell, Chandrila, Coruscant, and Nar Shaddaa. We can?t come all the way back from each of those games to practice here.?

?I have some contacts. A few honorariums might get us some minor league facility time,? Roslyn said.

?That?ll have to do.?

?You know, not even our vets have gone through a four game road trip before,? Roslyn said, ?It?s going to be taxing for them mentally. Not seeing their friends, families.?

?That?s what I?m here for. They?ll be ready,? Aileen said.

Roslyn looked at the holoboard in the office. ?What?s that??

?Seating arrangements for the flights,? Aileen said offhandedly as she looked at her terminal screen, clearly focusing on something else.

?You?re planning that?? Dana asked.

?Why would I leave something like that up to chance?? Aileen asked, genuinely surprised that her GM would ever think she would.

Roslyn just tapped her chin thoughtfully. ?I?ll let you know when I get those facilities sorted out,? she said as she left, leaving Aileen to her work. She might have a reputation for running her mouth on the field, but it seemed to Roslyn that Aileen Wynn was no slouch when it came to thinking the game through.

Tag: Nobody

16. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Aileen Wynn
    Bakura Gardens, Salis D'aar, Bakura

The morning of the season opener, Bakura Gardens was awash in blue and gold regalia for the start of the 263 season. Everything had been prepared the night before, which meant that when Aileen Wynn arrived at the Gardens the stillness of the stadium was in stark contrast to the fact that it was decked to the nines.

There was no set attire for an Elite League head coach. Some beings went with slacks and polo shirts with the team logo. Others went with business attire. Wynn fell into the latter category. For the season opener she was wearing a black pencil skirt, a sleeveless blue skirt, and black flat that were clacking down the concourse. Aileen had about half an hour before the rest of the team was going to arrive and there was one thing that she wanted to do before they got here.

Though the first terrace of Bakura Gardens was considered the most prestigious seating area outside the tier of luxury boxes just above them, the lowest concourse of the Gardens was still nicely decorated. It also had one of the more unique features in the Elite League, which Aileen was now looking at. Two large polished silver doors had etched upon them the logo of the Miners. These doors were polished before every game and it appeared that the maintenance crew had already taken care of that duty this morning. It was with the greatest reluctance that Aileen ran her hand over the smooth, cool surface, tracing the profile of the mountains.

Perhaps now she could understand...

"Half Forwards! We have been practicing the power offense [i]all frigging training camp![/i]" Aileen emphasized as she jabbed her finger into the holoboard in the Miner locker room, "Remember--you're going up against three Wookiees today. They are going to test you like none other out there. Stick to the plan--they play a power game too and if you play with them they don't expect it. They expect people to fold and try to finesse. We know better. Do we have that guys?"

It was only scant minutes before they were going to head out onto the field and Aileen was actually rather impressed that things were only in a state of controlled chaos. Players were double checking the laces on their cleats, members of the medical staff were doing any last-minute checks, and various assistant coaches were giving last minute advice.

"Elke!" Aileen shouted to get her goaltender's attention, "What does Nauranta do?"

"He fakes the extra point and then nine times out of ten goes for the goal," Andwol replied without hesitation.

"Right. Remember that. Garen, where are you going to be all game long?"

"Stuck to that Trandoshan like we're joined at the hip," the corner back said.

"The speed of the Rangers are in their Trandoshans. [i]Do not give them room to play. Take away time and space,[/i]" Aileen said for the sixteenth time in the last week.

"Coach, we've got two minutes," one of the assistants said.

"Line it up guys. Here we go," Aileen said as the team came to its feet and began to file out of the locker room.

They proceeded down a hallway that was half paneled with a dark wood. Underneath their feet was a deep carpet specifically selected to accommodate the cleats of the players. Aileen made her way to the front of the line where new team captain Kent Waffen stood, shifting his weight from side to side.

Aileen leaned in to him and lowered her voice. "I was never captain of the C-Bucs so I have no idea what this moment is like for you, so I've got nothing to say to calm your nerves. All I can say is that you are the captain of this team. Don't doubt it for a moment."

Waffen nodded wordlessly, his eyes fixed ahead. Aileen knew he was in the zone now. That was a good thing.

It would be any moment now.

[hr]

In the lower concourse of Bakura Gardens, there was a press of Miner fans that had collected around the polished silver doors. Now it was roped off and minded by security guards whose eyes wandered through the crowd, making sure there was nothing amiss. The floor between the ropes had

17. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

Alsakan, Bakura, Coruscant, and Nar Shaddaa all have bonus rolls this week!

Week 1 Results
    Nar Shaddaa Smugglers at Chandrila Patriots (28-24)
    Coruscant Senators at Ord Mantell Scrappers (24-29)
    Kashyyyk Rangers at Bakura Miners (30-17)
    Kuat Triforce at Alsakan Flyers (16-14)

OOC note: This season, I'd like to officially encourage everyone to go to Jocasta's if they'd like to discuss game results amongst themselves in the interest of creating more of a sense of community among the players. This can include congratulations, groans, speculation, and even friendly bragging. That said, hope to see you there!

18. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    IC: Gark S'rily
    Ord Mantell

The match had not been pretty for the Coruscant Senators early. Rust was evident in all of the players, and many had lead feet as the Scrappers players stayed true to their nickname, scrapping for loose balls and putting in quite a few early goals. As the Senators finally regained form, several goals were scored in onyl a few minutes, tying up the game at 7 with ten minutes left in the first half. Gark watched this with interest; the team was doing well so far, and he could only hope that the invigorated team that had won the Galactic Cup the season before would come out on top of the scrappy yet new Scrappers team.

Narvels, the Gungan replacement at Left Half Forward, had been a no-factor all match. He had touched the ball only once, and had looked to pass almost as soon as he received the ball. The stats at Lower Midtown had demonstrated that he was a pass-first guy, and that scoring was almost nil. However, a passer couldn't hurt in the offensive set; assists, although not as glamourous as goals, still were prized in Limmie. It would be important to see how he fared during the season and what his tendancies would end up being after the shock of being straight out of college faded and he became more comfortable in his position.

The injury to Corshisha, the Dug Half Forward, had been bothering the players as of late, and they were trying to win one for their injured teammate, who did her part to help Coruscant win the championship the season before. Despite their energy to try and win without her, the lack of her presence was noticeable. Having Narvels on the field made the other offensive players less of a gelled unit, and made it harder for them to perform. Narvels needed to get on the same page if he expected to be successful.

Another Scrapper goal pushed the score to 8-7 with three minutes left in the half. A one-goal defecit wasn't so bad going into halftime, and Gark was proud that his team was keeping pace int heir first game. Last season, they had dropped their first two matches before winning their last five. Maybe they just needed a good pep talk. Any hope that he had attheis moment quickly faded several moments later. Goalie Tavis Corizyl came out to block an Ord Mantell offensive attempt. Shev Fil'yer, the fullback, had been faked out, leaving Tavis to face the Scrappers player alone in front of the net. Shev, feeling like he still had a chance, ran full-tilt towards the opponent. Tavis stood his ground as the player charged, kicking the ball as he went. What happened next would possibly have a large imapct on the season; Shev slammed into the player, sending him down as he released the ball from his possession in the direction of the goal. He tangled legs with Tavis, and the two hit the ground at the same time, Shev colliding with the ground microseconds later. The ball entered the goal to give the scrapper three extra points, pushing the score to 11-7 with two minutes left on the clock. Standing up and shaking his head, Shev sulked back to his position, not realizing that only one of the two players whom he had impacted had gotten off the turf; and that that player was not on his team. Tavis laid on the ground, grabbing his leg and yelling in pain. Gark's eyes shot open; he couldn't believe it. Another injury, this time to the goalie. Hopefully he would get up; he just had to. Shayt Contar and Dilfy Pogrid, two of the Senators defenders, ran over to check on their teammate. After having a few words with Tavis, Dilfy motioned to the bench for the trainer to come out. The trainer ran out and asked Tavis a few questions as time in the half ran out, drawing a little bit of injury time that would not be playable. Standing Tavis up on his good leg, the trainer and Dilfy helped the maligned goalie to the sidelines and then led the procession of Senators players towards the locker room for halftime. Gark realized that he needed to know the condition that the goalie was in, so he excused himself from the box quickly.

"Gark,

19. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Aileen Wynn
    Bakura Gardens, Salis D?aar, Bakura

?You suck Wynn!?

Aileen had heard this so many times in her career that she?d pretty much become numb to it. She?d heard it as a player. She?d heard it as a coach. She?d heard it on the street. And she?d certainly heard it the last two years on Chandrila. Oh how quickly memories faded sometimes?

The 30-17 thrashing that the Bakura Miners had received at the hands of last year?s Galactic Cup runners-up had hit the Miner fans hard. The first game the Rangers ever played in the Elite League had been against the Miners three seasons back and the Miners had scraped out a narrow win. That had inaugurated three straight regular season victories by the Miners against the Rangers. Even with Kashyyyk?s playoff victory a couple years back against Bakura, the Miners had cobbled together one of the most successful records against the Rangers of all the teams in the Elite League. In fact, getting a victory against the Rangers almost felt like a given for Bakura.

And that had been the problem today. Too much had been taken for granted on the field. Despite Aileen?s exhortations and play-calling (relayed via signals given by her assistants as the match progressed), the Miners never really had anything going that was going to beat Kashyyyk.

That had been when things started getting out of hand. Players began taking penalties?and they weren?t good penalties either, the sort that stopped scoring chances that you had to take. No, the penalties the Miners took were stupid ones, penalties born out of frustration and lack of skill. When the Rangers converted, Bakura deserved the punishment it brought.

Of course, some of them had just been out-and-out outplayed today. The half forward rookies had never played against an team of more than two-thirds Wookiee and seven foot tall beings were intimidating stuff. She could tell Landa and Graves did their best, but their best wasn?t good enough.

Inviere?now she had just been stupid today. Her fancy plays designed to wow the crowd and commentators had caused her to get absolutely laid out three times by the Rangers and each time she didn?t seem to be any smarter for it.

?Maker, she?s going to get herself frakking killed out there,? one of Aileen?s assistants had said as Inviere was sent flying from a hipcheck. Wynn could tell that the real message her assistant was trying to convey was that Adanna aught to be pulled for her own safety. The Rangers were definitely looking for opportunities to rough up the half back.

?She?s staying in,? Aileen said resolutely. Rookies needed to learn their lessons. Some of them had more painful lessons than others to learn.

And now the game was over, the fans shuffling out with a disgruntled rumble. Nobody was going to be pleased with today. Blowing the first of two home games before a four game road trip was not the way to start the season. She retreated back to the locker room, the polished silver doors shutting behind her. Outside the locker room proper was a gaggle of press who were waiting for Aileen to say what she had to the team so they could get immediate locker room access to the players for their broadcasts. It was standard procedure for the Elite League.

Wynn paused outside the locker room door. ?I?m not going to sugar coat this: we are a long way from playoff contention after today?s game. That?s all we?ve got to say today.? She motioned for one of the press wranglers for the Miners to usher the press away.

?Wait, Coach Wynn! Are you denying us postgame access to the players? Don?t you know that?s a fineable offense in the Elite League?? one of the reporters said, quickly digesting Aileen?s use of a plural inclusive pronoun.

?No, you?ll have access to them. Eventually,? Aileen added after a moment before going into the locker room and locking the door behind her.

Inside, Miner players were wordlessly undressing out of their grass-stained kits, dejection writ large on their faces. A couple were being seen to by physici

20. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    Somehow the win at Stoney End Park felt different this year. It was still a close contest with all the passion and emotional intensity that a deep seated rivalry can bring to the galactic stage but for General Manager Rhia Grames only an empty feeling settled into her stomach as she took one final look at the pitch before heading toward the team shuttle.

For yet another consecutive year the Nar Shaddaa Smugglers had defeated the Chandrila Patriots in the Burgundy and Green Brawl, this time bringing the beat down to the home stadium of the galaxy?s most successful franchise. The Smugglers had played strongly, implementing their offensive unit in a new manner behind the powerful play of Helena Forsythe, full forward, and a surprisingly solid performance from newly minted left corner forward, Jed Ortmeyer.

Defensively, the team had been pushed around a bit and at one point in the game, with the score tied, it appeared as if the Patriots were going to make the final push to put them over the top were it not for Laryssa Oneida?s smart block that popped the ball into a position through which Corrie Andersen could put up the winning points.

Still, the victory felt hollow.

Because Wynn isn?t here anymore, that?s why Grames mused as she buckled into her usual seat on the team shuttle. And beating Aileen Wynn, watching that red headed firebrand pout along the sidelines, was the most satisfying experience Grames had ever known in Elite League Limmie in her current position.

For now, however, as the shuttle entered hyperspace, Grames was content in the knowledge that the Patriots had been defeated, at home, and the Smugglers were 1-0 and heading back to Six Boroughs to face the Rangers, never an easy task.

21. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

Bakura, Coruscant, and Nar Shaddaa all qualify for bonus rolls this week!

Week 2 Results
    Kashyyyk Rangers at Nar Shaddaa Smugglers (5-11)
    Kuat Triforce at Bakura Miners (29-35)
    Ord Mantell Scrappers at Chandrila Patriots (7-24)
    Coruscant Senators at Alsakan Flyers (25-32)

On a completely different and OOC note...

Just noticed that this game was voted as the Best New Star Wars RPG for this summer quarter here on the RPF. Granted, it was the only nominee if I recall correctly, but hey, I don't look gift horses in the mouth. ;) I thought that I'd take a moment on this occasion to thank everyone who's participated thus far. I'm glad that this has been a positive contribution to the RPF and hope that it continues to be a source of fun and enjoyment for a long time to come. :)

22. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009

?Nauranta has been knocked out, Nauranta has been knocked out!? Exclaimed several exuberant fans as the physical game between the Kashyyyk Rangers and the Nar Shaddaa Smugglers drew to a close with a resounding check by Viera Ravine against Rangers Team Captain Nauranta in the final seconds of regulation.

The referees never saw it, or, as many fans surmised, they simply turned a blind eye as the memory of Gunba Pemiti?s season ending injury remained fresh in their memories. Either way, the medical team had been called out to treat Nauranta as Viera Ravine walked off the field with fire burning in her eyes.

Each year, the match between the Rangers and the Smugglers got progressively worse and injuries were bound to happen. Fortunately, for the Smugglers, nobody was hurt today in their 11-5 victory.

Grames had watched the cheap hit with particular interest. Although publicly she might have to disapprove of the action, privately she was cheering inside not because she wanted to see Nauranta hurt but because the Smuggler defense was playing at its absolute best against a very physical team and every advantage had to be utilized.

They would need to play at their best for the next three weeks as the Nar Shaddaa Smugglers were headed on the road for a grueling schedule before returning home to face the Bakura Miners.

Wynn. Always a tough game. But worry about her later. Next week is Alsakan and they always put up the points, just not against us. Grames mused as she shoved her hands into her suit pockets and headed to the locker room to talk to Viera Ravine about that cheap shot against Nauranta and how to approach such methods from a different light.

23. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Aileen Wynn
    Bakura Gardens, Salis D?aar, Bakura

Never in her life had Aileen Wynn experienced a halftime that was anything but controlled chaos. There was constant motion and activity, whether by players, trainers, or coaches and at least four people talking at once at any given moment. Right now Aileen was pounding the holoboard in the front of the room to focus the attention of her half forwards.

?You need to be hitting,? Aileen stressed, ?Their half backs have too much time with the ball. These guys are giving us turnovers folks! And when we?ve got the ball, lower the shoulder and knock them out of the way. That?s what we?ve practiced all season long. The offense is coming on now. It was a decent first half.?

Well, offensively it had been a decent first half. The 17-11 score in favor of Kuat showed it had actually been a poor defensive showing again for the Miners, but it was a two score game. That reminded Aileen that she had another fire to put out. Handing the half backs over to her offensive coordinator, Aileen went over to where her defense was getting lectured en masse by the defensive coordinator.

?We are not reading plays people!? the coordinator was saying with extreme frustration, ?Look at this.? A replay showed on the holoboard. ?See how we reacted to that immediately? It opened up our entire left side and that?s exactly where they put it once we collapsed. We?re being too reactive.?

?It?s an open game, but we need to remember to stick to the gameplan here. These guys are speeding well. We?re going to have to fall into a zone coverage here, give Elke layers in front of him. That?s going to give us more time to react to what they?re doing. But fullbacks! You guys need to be on them if they penetrate the half back line! Do not give them any room in front of the net! It?s asking for goals!?

?Thirty seconds!? called one of the assistants.

?This is a two score game!? Aileen said, clapping her hands to rouse the team, ?Let?s go!?

?Adanna has [i]got[/i] to settle her game down!? the defensive coordinator groaned as Inviere completely missed a wild, flamboyant hipcheck, allowing the Triforce forward to zoom by her.

?Aileen, she?s playing like a wild ronto. She?s got to be broken in,? somebody else intoned over the team comm system.

?She?s got passion, she just needs more smarts,? Aileen said, ?She?Sithspit!?

Contrary to what one would have thought, Aileen?s sudden profanity was not in reaction to a score by Kuat. Rather, it was surprise and disbelief at the utter (and probably painful) leveling of one of the Triforce by the stiff arm of Garen Deo.

Even though defensively today had not been a good day for the Miner defense (they were going to be one of the biggest headaches for Aileen this season, she could tell), it had been a standout day for Deo. It appeared his adjustment period had only been a single game because he was now in fine form and connecting well with Waffen in particular. Jalla Tunus had been a good full back for the Miners. Garen Deo was looking like he was going to be better.

For the third time today, the female fans behind the Miner bench began chanting in to the tune of a pop song that was sweeping the galaxy.

[i]?Don?t let him through
    Don?t let him through
    Garen Deo, Garen Deo, Garen Garen Deo Garen Garen Deo??[/i]

It seemed that Mr. Deo was becoming quite the heartthrob for the Bakuran ladies. But Aileen was more focused on the fact that the Miners had successfully moved the ball up to their half forwards. Landa had plucked the long pass out of the air and immediately began charging up the field. Except it was more like he charged [i]through[/i] the field. That brawny Imperial body sent a Talz flying?a [i]Talz[/i]. It was not easy to move those suckers.

?Force! We need to recruit more on Bastion if that?s how they make them there!? Aileen?s offensive coordinator shouted into his comm.

?I think the very fact we recruited him away means there?s a warrant out for Roslyn?s arrest in all of Imperial space,

24. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    IC: Aileen Wynn
    Miners team shuttle, en route to Ord Mantell

As she had told Dana Roslyn, Aileen Wynn had meticulously planned the seating chart for the entire team shuttle. In her mind, every single player needed to be next to somebody else so that when the inevitable chatting began, certain things would be learned by certain parties. It was why the rookie half forwards had been paired with the veteran midfielders. Elke Andwol was parked next to Garen Deo, the young goaltender hopefully getting insightful pointers from an experienced champion.

And then there was the seat next to Aileen. Ordinarily, she might have put an assistant coach that she needed to work with?like, oh, maybe her defensive coordinator who had the second worst defense in the League right now. However, Aileen had identified at the start of the season a much different need that had to be addressed: the six foot, two inch blonde slumped crossly next to her.

Adanna Inviere did not want to be stuck next to her head coach on a crossgalactic flight. She?d rather zone out with some music or even sleep. Unfortunately, she wasn?t being allowed to do either of those things.

Physically, the two could not have been more different. Aileen had never been tall and her auburn hair was in stark contrast with the pale flax of the giant defender. To even have them sitting next to each other seemed comical. However, Aileen knew that what they didn?t have in common physically, they shared in just about every aspect of their lives.

?You?re not integrating into the defense,? Aileen said suddenly.

?Excuse me?? Adanna replied.

?You?re trying to do everything. You forget that you play with six other beings out there, plus the midfielders,? Aileen elaborated, ?As a result you?ve gotten yourself beat up two games in a row and it?s got to stop.?

?Look I??

?No, no. No need to explain,? Aileen said, ?I understand. We?re both Hapans. We?ve got a male goalkeeper, five male defensemen, and two male midfielders. If you played offense, you?d be getting along with everyone because of all the women up front. I get it?you don?t respect the other defenders because they?re stupid men. Trust me, I know.?

?Well I?m glad you understand,? Adanna replied hesitantly.

?That doesn?t make it a good excuse!? Wynn said, reaching up to gently knock the back of Adanna?s head, ?You?re making a heck of a lot of money for a 19 year old being in this League. You need to frigging deal with it because you have so much to learn from your fellow defenders that it?s not even funny.?

Adanna sat there and scowled. ?Fine. So then how am I suppose to?learn from a man? How did you do it??

?Beats me honey. I only ever played for the C-Bucs and then I coached them. By the time I got hired by Chandrila, they were going to listen to me no matter what I said,? Aileen said, ?I?m sure you?ll think of something.?

She patted Adanna?s shoulder and got out of her seat. She really did need to harangue that defensive coordinator of her?s?

Tag: Nobody

25. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

Bakura and Nar Shaddaa get the bonus rolls this week!

Week 3 Results
    Chandrila Patriots at Kuat Triforce (30-2)
    Nar Shaddaa Smugglers at Alsakan Flyers (4-34)
    Bakura Miners at Ord Mantell Scrappers (38-9)
    Coruscant Senators at Kashyyyk Rangers (12-2)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.