main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Padme Amidala Episode 3 costumes (The Non-spoiler edition)

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Obi-Dawn Kenobi, Jan 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
    Thanks for the input you guys. This thread is for you, so I just want to make sure it works for you too. ;)

So, confirmed character names are fair game along with links to pictures. I think, to be safe, we should not allow imbedded images.

One other question about names, if it's the name/pic of an Original Trilogy character who is making an appearance in Epsiode 3, would you consider that a spoiler? Because if we go by the non-spoiler forum rules, those are allowed mention as long as they have been confirmed by the Official Site.
    I'm not trying to make it more complicated than it has to be, but I also don't want to unintentionally spoil any of you either.

2. kreleia

kreleia Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 14, 2000
    Fine by me. :)

3. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I think it's inevitable to know their name, and as long as we don't know for how long or in what scenes they are I think it's ok. I have a feeling that many of the rumours about OT characters are there to hide what's really happening. Just like Zam was the character you noticed the most leading up to AOTC, but then she was killed pretty soon.

4. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Jan 27, 2000
    Alrighty. :)

Well, I don't know if you've seen the latest Hyperspace BTH picture or not, but it is of an OT character. It's one of those costume reference type pics with the grey background (not from a movie scene.)

If you wanna see a sketch of it, I've got one at Maggie's site (it sorta sucks, so don't expect the Mona Lisa or anything [face_laugh] ): BTH sketch. But, I think you'll be able to tell who it is without being told the name. :p

I'll reword the rules in the initial post of this thread either tonight or tomorrow.

5. Sister_Sola

Sister_Sola Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2002
    Hey Obi-Dawn, your drawings always look great! This one too! Thanks for your efforts. :)

6. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Jan 27, 2000
    The latest BTH pic is out and it shows Obi-Wan with Padmé. Typically, you can only see Padmé from above her elbow and up. *sigh*
    She's wearing the green velvety hooded cloak we've seen before in those marketing video screencaps and from the webcam. She isn't wearing the hood in this pic.
    The neat thing, at least I think, is that her hair is completely down. It's curly like in the Naboo nightgown AOTC scene, but is not pinned back at all. Very pretty and soft looking. :)

7. LukeSkiewalker

LukeSkiewalker Jedi Master star 4

Apr 4, 2003
    Okay I seem to be the odd one out here since I DON'T want a Amidala costume. ;)

Anyway I would really like help making an EP III Obi-Wan costume. I already have an EP I/II Obi-wan. Even though I am Insider free I have seen the covers so I have seen that picture of Obi-Wan. From what I can tell the only change that I see is that his tunic, tabbards, and obi have changed. His belt, boots, and cloak seem to be the same ( and even if they are different they really aren't parts I am willing to change). Could someone help point me towards a proper fabric as well as a possible pattern? Any help would be appreciated.

NOTE: If I should ask this in a different thread please point me towards it.

8. surlygirlie

surlygirlie Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 1, 2000
    Luke, you're definitely posting this in the right place (though I'd ask, are you SURE you don't want a pretty Padmé dress? :p )!

I'd need to do some more serious comparing of Ep. II and III Obi-Wan before making recommendations.
    (Moving to research mode now.)

9. LukeSkiewalker

LukeSkiewalker Jedi Master star 4

Apr 4, 2003
    Well...

I could of pulled off a Padme dress about 8 years and 50lbs ago but I think even my dog would be ashamed to see me now. :D

Anyways...thanks in advance for the help.

10. surlygirlie

Aug 1, 2000
    You know Luke, after dragging out all the reference on the Ep. III and AotC Obi-Wan costumes I could find, the only real difference I'm seeing is the undertunic. The Ep. III version is a dark brown, and comes up a little higher on the neck. But the rest looks the same to me -- same fabric (in some pics, the color looks ever so slightly different, but in others, it looks the same), same shoulder tuck on the tunic, and the accessories look the same to me, too.

Anyone else up for scrutinizing so we can have a 2nd opinion?

11. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Jan 27, 2000
    New Padmé pic from the latest Insider. :)

(It is a pic from one of the movie sets, looks like it was taken in between shooting, but there's really no big spoilers involved. Moteé, her handmaiden, is also seen in the shot.)

12. kreleia

Dec 14, 2000
    whoa!! hello!! Extremely LOTR Arwen-inspired handmaiden dress there. :D It's GORGEOUS!!! And so's Padmé's - **sigh** Wish you could see more detail...

13. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    I don't really see that much of Arwen in the HM dress, but it's definetly nice.

14. JainaMSolo

JainaMSolo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 19, 2001
    Actually, what the HM dress really reminds me of is Farscape-- Aeryn's dress from "The Choice." Here's a pic-- I think it's the color that made me think of the resemblance.

*sniffle* Such a sad episode...

Caitlin

15. ecila

ecila Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 9, 2002
    Hi,
    Here are the pictures of the mustard green cape I made, inspired by the green/mustard velvet cloak. I posted this in the Spoiler post too. :) I didn't have the budget for velvet, but I think the luster on this fabric works well.

Pic 1
    Pic 2
    Pic 3
    Pic 4
    Pic 5

ok - back to work on the tantooine costume now!

cheers,
    ecila

16. kreleia

Dec 14, 2000
    OMG!! ecila, that cloak is BEAUTIFUL!! I love the color!! It has a fantastic drape too - NICE!!

17. BellaSabrina

BellaSabrina Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 13, 2002
    Good job ecila :) Very pretty!! And from my experiences, velvet is EXTREMELY expensive.

18. Jayne

Jayne Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 16, 2002
    There's a new Padme pic out!

http://www.starwars.com/hyperspace/member/bth/2004/04/bth20040415.html

She's wearing a satiny blue sheath, looks like a nightdress, with some pearl strands over her shoulders and a silver broach. Anakin's in the pic, too, with his black robe over a naked chest.

19. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Jan 27, 2000
    She's also wearing the jappor snippet that Anakin carved for her in TPM on a chain around her neck. [face_love]

20. kreleia

Dec 14, 2000
    Well, that sucks. Hyperspace members only... because George doesn't get enough of our money already... :p

21. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    That's cute with the japor snippet. Makes me think of some fanfic that I read a long time ago, where Leia has the snippet and Vader discovers it when during the torture of ANH.

22. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Jan 27, 2000
  23. surlygirlie

Aug 1, 2000
    For anyone eager to see a new "extra" jedi costume, the Mousy McCallum article on SW.com features a picture of her in the costume she wears in Ep. III as a background jedi.

24. Jayne

Jayne Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 16, 2002
    Two new costumes up at Padawan's Guide! I'm actually really digging the formal outfit, I love the pleated undersleeves and the hanging overgown! I hope we get to see more of it.

25. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Jan 27, 2000
    I love the light blue one. She looks so feminine and gentle. :)

The hair on the second one....not too sure about it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.