main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Padme Amidala Episode 3 Dresses (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by The_Lady_THX, Feb 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ecila

ecila Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 9, 2002
    Yeah I really like the tan outfit too! It has definately grown on me, and I think it would be a lot of fun to dress up in. :) I would like to make this one for CIII, if I can ever finish my smocking project.

ecila

2. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
    Someone posted an alternate link for the photo [link removed].

There's also a shot of Raymus Antilles[link removed], from Alderaan. Cool costume!

Hopefully LFL will keep these de-Hyperspaced so they can stay up. :)

edit: I removed the links from my post because they don't seem to be allowing them in 3SA (per T'Bone's request).

3. Benae_Quee

Benae_Quee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    I saved the picture and blew it up. That is definitely the Naboo symbol on her gauntlet. Now I know what I need to add to it :D The detail on the brooches is better too now :)

4. Jedi_Samantha

Jedi_Samantha Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    *sees pictures*

*dies*

I dont wanna be spoiled.. but OMG the pic of anakin with Palpy...

*dies*

Is it May yet? Is it May yet? Is it May yet? Is it May yet? Is it May yet? Is it May yet? Is it May yet? Is it May yet? ?!?!

5. liannb

liannb Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2002
    new BTH is up, its padme in the sleeveless brown outfit, but you can't see much off it, just shoulders up :)

6. nya

nya Jedi Youngling star 2

May 22, 2001
    There's a magazine article scan that just surfaced. It shows Padme in her blue dress standing on her balcony with 3PO. It is a very promising new look at the side/back of this costume. I think this is in one of the March issues of the European mags comming out.

edit: better link:

http://img126.exs.cx/img126/7055/126bc.jpg

7. nya

May 22, 2001
    The link seems to be down in my previous post. Try this one:

http://img30.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img30&image=padme3po8rg.jpg

Also, is anyone confused as to why there is no Padme Paper doll book for ROTS? I have searched all over Amazon.com and all I can find is the TPM and AOTC ones. All of the other great Star Wars books for the previous episodes have ROTS versions available for pre-order. It really seems like LFL is downplaying Padme this time around :(

8. nya

May 22, 2001
    Sorry about the three posts in a row folks.

Webdoc 15 is up and it's all about creatures. For those interested in costuming for masked characters, this is a gem! It features Tion Medon, Nute Gunray, and Ki Adi.

I think I saw my favorite Handmaiden costume from TPM at the very end of the webdoc. Two women (maybe Padme's handmaidens Elle and Motee) wearing the gold Theed throne room gowns with the velvet hoods and Delphos pleated dresses. I wonder why they are recycling these gowns?

9. iycis

iycis Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 7, 2002
    I've got Visual Dictionary pictures. Am I allowed to post them or not since the book isn't out yet?

10. surlygirlie

surlygirlie Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 1, 2000
    I think you can post them. 3SA has leaked pics up all the time.
    :)

11. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Jan 27, 2000
    Oooo, please post them. [face_batting]

12. iycis

Jan 7, 2002
    Here's the Padme related stuff: Link edited -- see this thread for details.

Sorry the text is blurred out I was getting too tempted to read it so I had to do that to stop myself. :p There's massive spoilers in it.
    If you really want to read what it says I can provide a link via PM on where to get the pics.

If anyone else has any requests for other character pages let me know and I'll get them for you.

13. iycis

Jan 7, 2002
    I'm really thrilled about that pic of Bail's aide. I have been wanting a good photo of it for a while now since it's something I want to do eventually.

14. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Jan 27, 2000
    Cool! Thanks bunches. :D

girlie, there's your queenie. [face_love]

15. surlygirlie

surlygirlie Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 1, 2000
    YES! I was just ogling that queen pic.... sigh.

Interesting that her sleeves are cut with a different shape than previous royal penguin sleeve iterations in Eps. I & II....

16. Jedi_Samantha

Jedi_Samantha Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    Ahh!! Natasha! Thank you! I've been wanting a full picture of Bail's aid for quite some time now! I wanted another costume to do for C3, and i was gonna do an episode 2 Padme, but I think now this will be the last costume I do.

*Looks at the calendar*

Guess im spending a lot of my spring break this coming week sewing and fabric shopping!

And thanks for blacking out the words -- I was worried about reading spoilers :)

17. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Jan 27, 2000
    Yeah, the Queen's sleeves are a different shape. I wonder if her name appears in the text on that page?
    edit: All I can make out of her name is the last two letters. It looks like she is Queen ----na.

She looks fantastic though. I really like the color scheme of her whole ensemble.

It's nice to see Padmé's family as well.

18. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Jan 27, 2000
    The new Queen's name is Apailana. (I read the text on a bigger picture of the page.)

Queen Apailana :)

Here are some links to the pages with text for those of you who are super spoiled, like me. [face_batting]

Photo links edited -- see this thread for details.

19. PadawansGuide

PadawansGuide Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 26, 2002
    I love that name and I love her costume!

Anyone have a link to those Visual Dictionary pics they wouldn't mind me posting?

20. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Jan 27, 2000
    (Maggie, I found the links above in the 3SA so I don't know if they are okay to re-post on your site.)

It's great to learn some new names. It also confirms that Bail's wife is named Breha. Alas, no pictures of her yet.

21. jedilucass

jedilucass Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 1, 2002
    *jumps up and down* I love the new pics! They are super spoilish htough- but so were parts of the ep 2 visual dictionary... any word on when this comes out?
    ~Laura

22. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Jan 27, 2000
  23. liannb

liannb Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2002
    cool pics, going to wait to work on that buckle and broach till the book comes out, any word on how much they are selling for?

24. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Jan 27, 2000
    The AOTC visual dictionary ran about $20 American. I suspect the ROTS one will be comparable to that.

25. Aure

Aure Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 30, 2004
    The pics are lovely. Shame though that there were so litlle new Padme related stuff. Meaning Padme's costumes related stuff. Too much Padme stuff though. I tried not to read, but it is sooooo hard. Agh.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.