main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Episode 3 - No Spoilers!

Discussion in 'Archive: York/Lancaster, PA' started by Rebel_Spook, Mar 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rebel_Spook

Rebel_Spook Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2002
    That is the best scene of the prequels!

I think that there is a chance for maybe one more scene of that caliber in RotS. I hope that it's worthy of being the last SW movie.

2. Jedipete33

Jedipete33 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 26, 2004
    That was awesome! ROTS is gonna rock! The trailer blew me away.

EDIT - Removed quote from the trailer. This is supposed to be a spoiler-free thread!

3. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    Hey man! No spoilers on this board!

4. Jedipete33

Jul 26, 2004
    Sorry about posting some spoilers I thought everyone has seen it by now and the trailer kind of freaked me out in excitement!

5. SliP_SitH_KnoT

SliP_SitH_KnoT Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 24, 2004
    I too saw the trailer.At the beginning of the trailer I wasn't impressed with the way they'd gone about doing it.But as it got into the middle of the trailer it made up for it with great shots right from the movie,but they were still sure to hide alot to keep you guessing.If your stupid and haven't noticed already,ROTS is going to blow everyone and everything away.So be warned and be afraid.

6. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    OK guys, I have no intention of seeing the trailer, any advance pics of toys, or the like. I am going to do all I can to be spoiler-free until I go to C3. While I am not going to go out of my way to find spoilers for ROTS at C3, I expect to see/hear some.

If ya'll want to discuss ROTS spoilers here, I suggest one of you start a thread and title it: Revenge of the Sith Discussion ***WARNING: SPOILERS!***

7. TenguJedi

TenguJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 29, 2002
    So you're not going to see The Incredibles then?

They're showing the E3 trailer with that one :)

8. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    Oh, I plan to see the Incredibles. I just plan to watch the floor and cover my ears while the trailer plays. I know that it sounds juvenile, but it is how I got through several trailer showings for TPM and AOTC. Lis watches and lets me know when I can look up again. :)

9. Jedipete33

Jul 26, 2004
    Give me a break.

10. TenguJedi

Jan 29, 2002
    Edited per CR request

11. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    OK, since ya'll wouldn't do it, I started a spoilers thread for ROTS. So move the trailer discussion there please!

12. TenguJedi

Jan 29, 2002
    Having my post edited...

Oh please like I "reavealed" anything in my little joke.. Dave you are such a child.. Have fun with your little group here. I'm out!

13. Jedipete33

Jul 26, 2004
    Have fun Dave in the non episode III discussion while I and hopefully others can discuss the awesomeness that will be Episode III with spoilers.

14. Jedipete33

Jul 26, 2004
    I warn everyone now but mostly you Dave, you don't want to see the spisode III videogame trailer!!!! SO WATCH AT OWN RISK! The game trailer has three times the spoilers as the teaser trailer.

15. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    I had figured as much, but thanks for the warning. I am avoiding anything ROTS specific, but I am following the SW:Republic comic and the Clone Wars novels and the cartoons.

16. Izzer917

Izzer917 Jedi Youngling

Jan 2, 2005
    Hi, I just registered here, and I was wondering-where is the closest midnight showing in this area? I live in the Poconos and would love to go to one this year, but I have no clue where they are or how to get tickets. Rhanks for your help!

17. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    You actually might want to try posting over in the Reading, PA, board as I think they are a lot closer to you than we are. You are more than welcome to post in here, and even attend meetings/events, if you'd like, as we are always open to fellow SW fans!

As for the location of a midnight showing for ROTS, I would recommend checking out www.fandango.com for your closest theater. It won't have any information as to which theaters will have a midnight showing as it is far too soon for that info to be posted, so pre-ordering them won't be available for a while either. If I remember correctly, last time tickets were available for pre-order 1 month before the midnight showing.

18. Jedipete33

Jul 26, 2004
    Dave are you into collecting trading cards? And if so do you plan on getting the episode III series? And last have you run across the first episode III promo card anywhere, my comic store doesn't seem to have it?

19. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    I have been a card collector in the past, but I didn't get any of Heritage or the Clone Wars sets.

I have not seen anything about the ROTS card series at all, let alone any promos, sorry. Any sites that have info about the cards?

20. Jedipete33

Jul 26, 2004
    Yeah sw.com has posted a brand new article on what to expect in the set. I read that the first promo card was to be available at comic retailers but when I'm not exactly sure.

Heres the link to the card article

http://www.starwars.com/collecting/news/topps/news20050110.html

21. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    Sweet looking cards. If the money is available, I will try to get a hold of these cards! Thanks for the link.

As for the 1st promo, it would be in the Diamond Previews catalog that comes out at the end of this month, similar to the Heritage promo that was released the same way. They won't be loose as handouts, you have to buy the catalog, which is about $6.00 last time I checked. If you are into non-sports card collecting, Non-Sport Update Magazine will have this promo in it's April/May issue. NSU is good as it comes out only 6 times a year and has a good price guide in every issue of almost all non-sports cards released. I will likely wait for the NSU issue to get this promo.

Now promo #2 is stated to come out at the same time, but is not specific as to exactly how to get a hold of the card.

22. Jedipete33

Jul 26, 2004
    I got some cool news. I got two of the episode III promo cards! My local comic shop finally had them and the guy there gave me two.

23. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    Does that mean you are gonna share?!? [-o| :D

24. Jedipete33

Jul 26, 2004
    Maybe...............

25. Jedipete33

Jul 26, 2004
    Hey Dave you still staying spoiler free cause if you are you missed out on one of the coolest sw experiences when the new trailer premiered. All I have to say is wow, I think I needed medical attention after the trailer. And Papatine says one of the coolest sw lines EVER!. I'll post the line in the spoiler boards so if you want to hear what it is just hop on over.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.