main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NZ Episode I coming to TV3

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Buzz-Bumble, Jul 7, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Buzz-Bumble

Buzz-Bumble Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    This afternoon (Saturday, 7 June) I was watching some TV3 and they showed one of their "coming movies" adverts, which included The Phantom Menace. They didn't give a date/time though.

Yippee!! :)

2. Kitt327

Kitt327 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    Hmm, I wonder if they'll show any of the OT as well, they haven't been on in years.

3. Chansplace

Chansplace Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2001
    YAY!

even though it will be full of ads, theres something cool about E1 being aired on TV.

4. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000
    Yep, it's great to see it on TV even though most of us probably have a copy of the VHS (if not more than one) and will buy the DVD when it arrives. :)

They usually show one of the original Trilogy around Christmas time, but I can't remember when they last showed one. :(

5. Darth Sebious

Darth Sebious Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 21, 2000
    I don't think it's been on since 1998 (or even 1997). TV2 showed Empire Strikes Back one Saturday, then Return of the Jedi the next. They said it'd be your last chance to see the original version on TV.

Anyway, that's good news about Episode I :) TV3 seems to be getting most of the "big" movies this year.

6. ACERIMMERROCKS

ACERIMMERROCKS Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2001
    This is what I have been waiting for to get. To actually c the phantom menace for the second time and tape it so now I dont have to go by the offical video yah.

7. Obi-Jace

Obi-Jace Jedi Youngling star 3

May 20, 2001
    Fingers crossed that they show all SW movies in a row!!

8. ACERIMMERROCKS

May 25, 2001
    And If they do I hope the origanal triligoy is special edition.

9. Humble extra

Humble extra Jedi Youngling star 5

Jun 12, 1999
    i wonder if they edit it?

10. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000
    I don't watch that much on TV3 so I've only seen the advert that once and I can't remember what other movies they were saying were coming - nothing hugely exciting (for me anyway).

11. ACERIMMERROCKS

May 25, 2001
    If tv 3 edit it i will b very angry. They edit dbz and u c one guy getting ready to punch the other then u c the guy on the ground really confusing and disapinting.

12. -KG-

-KG- Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2001
    I wonder why sky didnt pick it up first...

yah TV3 will edit it about every 10 minutes.......and the edits are called ads :\

13. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000
    DBZ = Dragon Ball Z?? If so, TV3 (supposedly) don't edit it, they play it exactly as they get it from America. Any editing we see here has already been done somewhere overseas.

I saw the "Coming Movies" advert again today, so here's a complete list of what TV3 are advertising (in no particular order, except the best one at the top of course) ...
  14. The Phantom Menace

15. Shakespeare in Love

16. Mighty Joe Young

17. As Good As It Gets

18. Holy Man

19. Air Force One

20. Patch Adams

21. Waterboy

23. ACERIMMERROCKS

May 25, 2001
    Tv 3 do edit it from the american version if u watch the tv 3 series then watch the sky uncut american version u can pick up what tv3 have cut.

24. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    yea i too sore the ad - although i have seen the movie countless times i will be waiting for the arrival.

someone in my household will die! the other day i went to play ANH Ep4 - and some *beeeeeeeep* had taped over it!!!!!! - this was taped from the last time the OT was on TV! a loooong time ago - so yea its about time it was played again! and this time it might be the redone OT (like when it came out in the movies again a few years back! hopefully)

25. ACERIMMERROCKS

May 25, 2001
    I cant recall ANH being on tv might of been on when I was a young lad as i only have ESB and ROTJ on tape off the tv.

26. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    yea well - I DONT HAVE IT ON TAPE EITHER GRRRRRRRRRRR

27. Obi-Jace

Obi-Jace Jedi Youngling star 3

May 20, 2001
    If they show TPM I hope its the widescreen version (although the small letter box style is annoying) because the pan and scan version sucks! You miss too much of the action especially in the final battle. Two peices I can remember off the top of my head are, 1.When Obi and Qui are fighting Maul and Maul backflips over a big chasm in the generator room. You see Obi and Qui start their jump but when it cuts to Maul you don't see the full effect of their landing.
    2. When the Queen, Panaka and Troops are making their way to the Throne Room, theres a point where they are surrounded by Battle and Destroyer Droids and she says 'put down your weapons they have won this round'. On the pan and scan version you can only see about two droids, so you can't undersatnd why they would put down their weapons instead of fighting it out. Anyone that has the Pan and Scan on video as well as the Widescreen, check it out the movies come off quite different!

28. Kitt327

Kitt327 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    I feel sorry for people who don't have Star Wars on video tape.
    My '95 THX remastered originals are probably the first things I would save in a fire. (After family and pets, of course).

29. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000
    > Tv 3 do edit it from the american version if u watch the tv 3 series then watch the
    > sky uncut american version u can pick up what tv3 have cut.

Maybe I got the country wrong (Australia?), but there was a letter to the TV Guide editor complaining about this a while back, and the answer was what I said above about it being cut before TV3 receive it.

30. Humble extra

Jun 12, 1999
    the videos of DBZ are unedited, and I have seen a couple of episodes, its a whole lot better too....from what i understand funimation has cut it that way so it can be a kids programme....they must produce 2 versions....the dogs

31. ACERIMMERROCKS

May 25, 2001
    Funimation cut the origanal jap stuff so theres not so much blood and rude and offencive stuff.

Tv 3 cut funamations version so there is a total lack of violance eg not seeing punches and kicks conecting.

32. Humble extra

Jun 12, 1999
    god it sucks, its a frigging adult cartoon, play it for adults, don't try and cut it down for a bunch of nappy wearing nancy boys!

//ends rant

i've been watching this programme since last year, oh boy am i angry with channel 3

33. ACERIMMERROCKS

May 25, 2001
    I know y dont they put it on at bloody 9pm or something and let the kids have pokehomos

But the kids do have there uses they watch the show buy the cards u come alone they got good cards 4 your deck u rip them off for jack all.

And all this considering the invercargill comic shop sells more dbz cards than anywhere in nz and im ranked forth in southland means that kids help me win.

34. Humble extra

Jun 12, 1999
    well i am glad someone gets some benifit out of those good for nothing kids

actually it is quite good that even though they cut it to crap, its still a really great show, and both kids and adults enjoy it...like i know heaps of guys here at uni who watch it, and a few girls too, mosty guys though...and i have even semi converted my flatmates to it, they all know the story and the charachters....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.