main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Nash, TN Episode I DVD: When and Where are we meeting?

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by JediToren, Oct 10, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediToren

JediToren Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2000
    Tuesday is when the new Episode I DVD is going to be released. When and where do we want to meet to buy ours togethor?

2. Elan-Rai

Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 11, 2001
    Well, I would like to buy mine at Best Buy (Oct. 16th), since it seems to be the cheapest around.

I have to be at work by 12pm, so I'd suggest maybe getting there when it opens. We could buy our movies and grab some breakfast somewhere.

First and foremost, we need a headcount of everyone wanting to do this. Let's use this thread to do that. All in favor, type I. :D

3. Hama

Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2000
    I

Is there a Best Buy in Cool Springs? That would probably be the best place to meet. I have the day off on the 16th, so I can meet you guys anywhere.

4. k kanos

k kanos Jedi Padawan star 4

May 1, 2000
    There is. It's on Service Merchandise Blvd. by Party City & Rio Bravo. Take 65 to Moores Lane West and turn right at the 1st light. There is a bank on the corner. Rio Bravo & the Shopping Center are on your right. Best Buy is at the far end. I'm not sure what time they open. I have to be at work at 8:00 a.m., so I'll have to get mine at lunch time.

5. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    Jay, I may have to follow you to work to see the website accessible only to people with DVD-ROM drives (which I don't have).

6. Steja_Palex

Steja_Palex Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    I won't be able to meet up with you guys, of course, but I'll be getting mine early Tuesday morning at our local Wal-Mart. I think it's priced there at $22.95. What's the price at Best Buy, Jay?

7. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    Rumor has it that it's around $18.99 or so. I think it is cheaper than Wal-Mart, but I could be wrong. ;)

HRK, that's fine. Remind me when we pick ours up that'll we do that. (Too many days between now and then... that memory of mine. [face_laugh] )

8. k kanos

May 1, 2000
    I had heard that it was going to be on sale for $18.99 as well. I just looked on Best Buy's websiteand they are showing it listed at $22.99. That's a pre-order though. It's quite possible that the stores might be carrying it for less. If I remember, I'm going to call and verify it Monday.

If you have a samclub.commembership, they are going to have it for $19.99. Whether or not they get it Tuesday is another issue.

9. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    Anyone know what time Best Buy opens in the morning? Also, do we want to meet then or around then?

Is there anyone else that is interested in meeting up besides JediToren, Hama and myself?

10. JediToren

Mar 20, 2000
    We also need to get our website ASAP. I am gonna try and find a cheaper webhost.

EDIT: Never mind, GNXONLINE is still the cheapest webhost that does what we need.

11. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    I guess we can discuss dues for the website again then. We need to put together a meeting real soon. Unfortunately, I realize that a lot of us won't be able to attend the Episode 2 Trailer together. So, here is what I propose: make a 2-day event out of it. Some us try to attend 1 or both if they want. Monsters, Inc. is pretty much a given to have the trailer, but The One is another interesting movie that just might have it as well.

So, let's do this. What is everyone's schedule November 2nd & 7th? The 2nd (I believe) is when Monsters AND The One is released. Hama will have to nail the 7th as will I. I will be out of town the weekend of the 2nd. I work mostly nights so that show will at LEAST have to be after 9:15 so that I can attend. Throw me some ideas so we can start making plans. ;)

12. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    Late shows are fine by me, so I'll be there on the 7th.

13. k kanos

May 1, 2000
    The 7th should be alright for me as well. Since I live so close to the Thoroghbred, I might have to sneek a peak at it before then, but I'm sure I will want to see it again on the big-screen. Besides Monsters, Inc. what other movie is it rumored to be attached to? If we can decide what movie we are going to see it with, I'll make sure I don't go see it with Monsters Inc (If that's what we are going to see). Besides, a later evening time during the week is sure to not be as crowded or have 50 million kids screaming and crying while we are all trying to watch the trailer.

14. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    I'm not sure if this movie will have it, but "The One" (Jet Li) opens the same weekend. Another movie that I've gotta see.

Then again, I've also got to see "Training Day" and "Iron Monkey." I'll probably see both this Tuesday/Wednesday.

15. k kanos

May 1, 2000
    I just called Best Buy. This is what I was told:
    The regulare price of EP I is $22.99. However, tomorrow they will have it on sale for less. They haven't told their store employees how much yet (how typical). That price is what Wal-mart is supposedly going to sell it for, so what have we got to lose? Another place worth checking out is Target (right down the street). They had Snow-white that regularly goes for $22.99 on sale for $17.99 this weekend. This was even cheeper than it was at Sam's club. I haven't heard of any sales on EP I from them, but you never know.

This just in from TFN:
    The new DVD-ROM only section of the Official Site has confirmed that Trailer A is going to be available for download starting on November 9. We can't post the actual text from the site either because of LFL's stringent copyright protection of this particular content, but the announcement is there.

I have a DVD player, not a DVD-rom player. Could somebody please Post a link to the download site on November 9th? That is if its not available on the Official SW site anyway. :)

16. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    Anyone know what time we should meet tomorrow?

17. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    I would post it, but I don't have a DVD-ROM so I don't guess I'd be much help.

What time does Best Buy open tomorrow?

18. Steja_Palex

Aug 18, 2001
    I'm going to Wal-Mart at midnight...just to see if it's out. I've been excited all day! I've gotta be at work tomorrow at 5am but I don't care...I gotta get my hands on it!!!

19. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    Want to plan on meeting at 9:00 a.m. at Best Buy? I imagine it should be open by then. If not, we can grab a quick breakfast somewhere nearby.

20. JediToren

Mar 20, 2000
    According the Best Buy website that Best Buy doesn't open until 10am

21. Steja_Palex

Aug 18, 2001
    Well, Wal-Mart didn't have it out at midnight, so I stopped off this morning and they did have the display out (thank goodness). I haven't been able to watch it yet, since I'm at work. But at least I have it. Hope you guys have a blast today!!

22. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    Well, not sure who all is going to get this in time, but I plan to get there at Best Buy around 9:30 or so. I doubt there'll be a HUGE gathering of people, so I don't really plan to be there any earlier.

See anyone there that isn't sleeping in!

23. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    I'm awake (sorta).

24. k kanos

May 1, 2000
    TARGET HAD EPISODE I FOR $17.99 as I suspected they might. I got mine this morning before work. They are in the DVD section at the End of the Isle (facing the back of the store). There were plenty :) I can't wait to get it home and watch it tonight (after Buffy of course [face_love] ) .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.