main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Episode II Lineup!

Discussion in 'Archive: Fresno, CA' started by Viceroy Craig, Mar 24, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Viceroy Craig

Viceroy Craig Jedi Master star 2

Sep 21, 1999
    Greetings all

My name's Craig, as some of you may already know, those of us that lined up outside the Mann's Chinese in Hollywood for 6 weeks for the Episode I charity drive, are DEFINATELY doing it again next April thru May, and I have the daunting task of organizing this great event!

Why, you may ask, am I posting a Los Angeles event in a Fresno thread? Well, put simply, in a lot of people's minds, the only place worthy enough to line up for something like this, is where it all started back in the 70's, the Mann's Chinese Theater. Sure, I know there's plenty of great theaters out there, but none with the amount of prestige and atmosphere as the world famous Chinese.

We had people come from as far away as Austrailia, England, Germany, just all over the place in 1999. Why? Because they too wanted to be a part of history in the re-making.

Rather than spend all day re-typing things that have already been discussed on our own Message Boards, here are the links, and you can read them yourself!

Go to http://www.starwarsline.com and click on the messageboard link.

To join our mailing list, and get in on all the group activities we seem to end up doing on almost a weekly basis, go to http://episode2.la.listbot.com and register.

Thanks, and I hope to see some of you in line come 2002!

2. Darth_O

Darth_O Jedi Youngling

Dec 23, 2000
    Hi All-

That's a great idea, but we should do something similar in Fresno & raise funds for a local charity. If we started spreading the word early next year (to news stations, etc.) we could get a pretty good crowd. What do you guys think?

Darth O

3. Jedi-Finney

Jedi-Finney Jedi Master star 4

Mar 22, 2001
    i think that sounds pretty cool! i mean us true fans will be in line anyways, right?

4. Tycho_C

Tycho_C Jedi Youngling

Dec 15, 2000
    Hey sounds cool...
    I'll drive. We could all hop on my Sandcrawler if my Falcon doesn't get out of the shop in time. I'm having the shields refitted and fuzzy dice installed.

5. The Jedi Apprentice

The Jedi Apprentice Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 29, 1999
    Hmm, excellent idea.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.