main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Toronto Episode II Toys go on sale early!!

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Jedi_Jamie, Apr 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adam-the-Indifferent

Adam-the-Indifferent Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Sorry, it wasn't Downtown. I checked Ebay ( http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1724489258 )

I've got that figure though!

AWESOME! It was Shockwave!! Yes, I have the card and the figure! Sweet!

(http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1723282012

2. Dain_Bramage

Dain_Bramage Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2002
    yeah, I thought it was Shockwave. When you think about it though, his name really makes no sense. What's the correlation of a SWAT team to a Shockwave? *shrugs shoulders*

3. TopGun2001

TopGun2001 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 25, 2001

Oh ja, Shockwave rocked... I always loved the facemasked characters who looked even remotely ninja-like (Firefly, Beach-head, etc.)

4. Elewyn

Elewyn Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    okay earlier there was some mention of lightsabres which retracted entirely. i completely by chance aquired a lightsabre (2 actually) which not only retract entirely but stay there like that with a clip which when a switch is flipped unleases the lightsabre which glows. pretty cool huh? especially for the price $12.99, they are avaliable last i saw at ToysToysToys in Fairveiw mall however all i saw at the eaton centre location was the darth maul version for 10 bucks...anyhoo only 2 double a batteries and they are portable and durable. Check it out

5. Elewyn

Apr 23, 2002

GI joe? i love that show! argh i am going to spill another secret locale great place to get toys of the vintage variety, is a great toy fair in mississaga at the toronto convention centre by the airport, held twice yearly april (already passed) and novemeber. Lots of 80s stuff, tons of joes, transformers and SW coming out the wazoo. (yes i said wazoo) its a cool show (toys and collectibles something) check it out for cheap stuff sold by a lot of people who barter for nothing for really good stuff they don't realize they have and with no tax its a cool day out

6. Darth_Digital

Darth_Digital Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 2001
    Yeah I've seen those two Chris;

Unfortunately they're not as sturdy as the others, ie, Obi-Wan's or Maul can snap right out of the hilt...

No playability unless your into mime...

:p

7. Dain_Bramage

Apr 21, 2002
    I think the Lightsabers that Elewyn is talking about are the ones that were made by Rubies. I like the fact too that they retract all the way but one thing I hated is that the hilts were really thick! Lightsaber hilt? I think not...looks like salami.

As for the toy shows, I've been to all of them and I went to the one 3 weeks ago. I guess my experience was different because I thought the show sucked. The only thing Star Wars that was cool was that I got to see a Toy Fair Vader in real life.
    (The dude wanted $350 for it if you're wondering). People were selling some EP2 figures but it's stuff you can anywhere and they were charging $13-$15 each.

If they had the figures that we were not getting in Canada, that would be a different thing.
    In terms of stuff coming out of the "wazoo", if you're into older loose figures and POTJ there was a lot available but I'm not sure if the prices were that good.

Honestly, throughout the show all I picked up was a carded POTJ Eeth Koth for $15. Other then that, not much deals at all.

For those who frequent the Toy Show circle, the one is Skyway in better in my opinion. Less crap, better stuff.

8. Kenobi2

Kenobi2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Wow, don't check a thread for a few days and it goes wild.

For you Joe fans, check out YoJoe. It's a great site for figure and vehicle details. They even have this really neat accessory guide called WHOBIT (who's Helmet or Backpact is this?) under the Action Figure section.

Personally, I just sold all my left over Joe figs on Ebay in January. And all but a few special Transformers (none that have been mentioned though) a few months ago (those who've seen my apartment will understand why)

I've only been to one Toy show a few years back - only recall seeing those scalpers selling standard
    figures at astronomical prices. But I would like to try again.

Someone bring this back up the next time one comes around (imagine a gaggle (or murder) of Star Wars fans enmass at one of those!)

9. Dain_Bramage

Apr 21, 2002
    yeah, i'll remind everyone for the one in November. We should go as a group enforce.

10. Jedi_Kat

Jedi_Kat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 6, 2002
    Pish...OBVIOUSLY you guys don't know how to haggle with the sellers!!! The toy fair was awesome! I didn't pay full (asking) price for ANYTHING there (except a Princess Leia Hallmark Collectible - only $5.00). Dudes, you just gotta know when to hold and when to fold. (Good grief...did I just quote Kenny Rogers? Shoot me now.)

11. Kenobi2

Nov 30, 2000
    "Know when to walk away, know when to run."

Great, now I'll have the Gambler running through my head all day! Thanks a lot Kat!

12. TragicLad

TragicLad Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    "You don't count your money, when you're sitting at the table."

What a horrible meme to resurface...

13. Jedi_Kat

Jan 6, 2002
    I aim to please, boys. :)

14. Dain_Bramage

Apr 21, 2002
    Seems like only girls get the deals at a show like this. DAMN ESTROGEN!!!!!!

15. Jedi_Kat

Jan 6, 2002
    Nah..it's because we're adept at making grown men cry.. :)

"GIMME the Luke Skywalker for $5.00 and I won't tell your wife that you called me a 'chick'!!"

Okay..maybe not..

16. Kenobi2

Nov 30, 2000
    Well, I guess we have our guinea pig when we go in Nov!

Either or, I make sure I send in Kat whenever I see something I like.

:)

17. Jedi_Kat

Jan 6, 2002
    You just point me in the direction, give me a maximum price, and send me off...I'll do my best. *Kat salutes Ken*

18. Kenobi2

Nov 30, 2000
    And that's all I'd ask of you :)

(even better, she's a willing Guinea Pig!)

19. Jedi_Kat

Jan 6, 2002
    ...I would make guinea pig noises here...but I don't know what kind of noises they make.. ?[face_plain] :D

20. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    They squeak.

The pitch depends on the size of the mallet though.

21. Ardens_Furore

Ardens_Furore Jedi Padawan star 4

May 14, 2001
    There are now Episode II basic lightsabers at Walmart. Except they're short. They have purple, blue and green.

22. Darth_Digital

Darth_Digital Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 2001
    So I'll be able to get Mace Windu's cool pimp daddy lightsaber after all...

:)

23. Dain_Bramage

Apr 21, 2002
    Rumour is that the next wave of figs MAY come out this week. This means the wave with the Anakin Hangar Duel, Dooku, Yoda, Taun We, Luminara Unduli.

Since the new sabers are out (with how short they are, they look like coloured toothpicks), it may be a sign that TRU and Walmart will be getting new shipments.

I'll confirm this tomorrow when I do some hunting.

24. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    Hi DB hows it going. Thanks for the info. I
    am checking it out with some of my contacts
    too.

25. Elewyn

Apr 23, 2002

Okay who else is with me on this? the plastic ion blasts that come out of the blaster barrels? who else thinks this looks like some weird form of fungus??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.